How long does to take to catch up an alt in the legendary?

My team has asked me to level and play a Boomkin and I agreed. After putting in the work I realized that it's going to take a long time before I even get to the 715 version. The catch up mechanic takes a fair bit amount of time and I'm not so sure I'll be able to complete it every week. How long can it take to get to the 735 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    My team has asked me to level and play a Boomkin and I agreed. After putting in the work I realized that it's going to take a long time before I even get to the 715 version. The catch up mechanic takes a fair bit amount of time and I'm not so sure I'll be able to complete it every week. How long can it take to get to the 735 version?
    Took me 3 weeks on an alt to go from having no ring at all (still needed to do the dungeons) to having the 715 ring, and that was before they put in the weeklies. I think I had to run lfr twice each for highmaul (10 total bosses) and brf (think I did 28 bosses), where the one week I could do both. That was with doing shipyards missions. Going from 715 to 735 is just up to rng on the tomes.

Hunter alt hit 100 on 8/25, got my 715 ring on 9/15 (3 weeks). Currently on Tomes, I have 13 with 5 more boss kills to go this week.

Make sure you're sending your garrison and shipyard missions for the legendary items as often as possible. Its a huge boost.

Yeah can confirm the 3 Weeks. If you do all LFRs and the ship missions correctly each day you drown in stones and Runes. (if you finished the ring on your main already) Work on tanaan dailies for the apexis and 3 weeks should be the norm.

Deleted
    Just to keep you posted, as I am the most lucky bastard in the whole world - not. Whole Highmaul raid delivered 25 Stones (I have completed the legendary on my main, so this is a catch-up-alt). I am betting on the shipyard missions since I don't have pretty followers, most of them aren't even 100 yet.

The weekly for 25 Stones is still available, but I don't think I can get away with one week for the highmaul stones at all -.-

It will come down to 2 months, give or take 1 week on average. I have a feeling they buffed the tomes too, but no hard data - the last two alts I did tomes on got almost 10 tomes per week on average.