Poll: How much/how fast do you pull in levelling (non-level 100) dungeons?

How much do you pull in levelling dungeons?

Now that I've played through the dungeons in all three roles, I've become curious how, why, and in what proportion other people pull in the dungeons using LFG while levelling up. I personally don't go above two packs at once, though I've seen as fast as actually pulling everything to first boss and as slow as taking a dozen seconds between each pack.

I'm also curious - do high-end raiders tend to pull more/get cockier when playing through levelling dungeons? Or, rather, is there some specific trait shared by people who pull bigger than average tanks?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-09-27 at 09:47 AM.

Players who know how to play can pull more, they know what their characters are capable off and how to gear them correctly as they level. I pull what I can manage to live on if the healer dies for some strange reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I start with a pack or two to see how good the healer is, then I mostly just pull constantly, letting people catch up every now and then.

I did hilariously get blamed for getting the group killed in Maradoun once, when a couple of DPS went into a dead end with mobs, body pulled them (they were 30-40 yards behind me), they didn't attack them, so the mobs aggrod and killed the healer before I could get back to them unfortunately. They raged at me and left, me and the healer stayed and had a good laugh about it and carried on until the others joined us.

Deleted
    If I am the tank I pull as much as possible (I don't want to fall asleep while tanking). In the perfect scenario I will chain pull everything (in a room) while rotating CDs. Of course, it also depends on the instance and the mobs.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2015-09-27 at 09:31 AM.

as:
    Tank: I pull everything
    Healer: I pull everything
    DPS: I pull everything

in dungeons that aren't in the current expansion anyway

Deleted
    Simple chainpull, no need to watch the last mob of a pack die.
    If people think that's too slow they can friging tank themselves but they won't.

PS: You were talking about while leveling or running old dungeons at max lvl?

Deleted
    i pull everything i can, though i've never leveled as a tank, i just do it as dps or healer

Deleted
    Jesus. It depends on the group. There is no real answer.

If you pull without knowing the grp you're a bad tank.

(Or a bad hunter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    PS: You were talking about while leveling or running old dungeons at max lvl?
    To clarify, running non-level 100 dungeons using LFG while levelling up. I don't think there's ever any question or doubt on how fast people pull while soloing old dungeons.

If im leveling with my friends, I'm pulling everything, i dont stop at all.(in some dungeons 2 bosses at once)
    In dungeon finder, 1-2 pack :/

With full heirlooms making characters grossly over geared for their current level dungeons there's no reason not to pull everything. I'm not bothered at all if other people are pulling, it shows that they want to get leveling over with as soon as possible. There's no point to wasting time in LFDungeons at low level unless maybe someone is a new player and wants to experience the content, which even then they've missed the boat by 6-8 years.

Depends. I pull the first 5-6 and see if people are using the right aoe skills. If I see some competence, I escalate.

I'd recommend doing the same, tanks. Dip toes in water before you splash.

The problem is that when people get into the habit of pulling everything they start doing it all the time even in max level dungeons when they are undergeared and then they throw fits blaming everyone else that they died. This is the reason we will never have hard 5-mans again. Because players can't be bothered to do anything other then pull everything then can see. The Cata 5-mans were not hard they were cakewalks, they got hard when people over-pulled which is all players can do now which is why we will never have hard 5-mans again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to chain pull everything no matter what, but recently I've been more careful. After the stat squish some mobs hit hard as hell, I even died a few times the last time I was leveling, especially in Hellfire Ramparts. I usually multibox tank+healer+dps so can't really blame bad healing.

Depends on the dungeon. No less than 2 packs at a time, but if I know a specific dungeon has very hard hitting mobs, a stacking debuff, or ccs of some description I'll scale back.

As a tank, as many as I can without dying. Large pulls are obviously more efficient.

As DPS, just follow the tank and don't pull extra shit.

In the WoD non heroics you should pull everything.. I noticed while I was leveling my healer until you get to level 100 mana regen is a complete non issue, and then once you get to 100, b-OoM

other - its completly dependant on capabilities of healer - im starting slow and while checking if he isnt oom y any chance (yes there are still healers without heirlooms in there from time to time who are mana starwing) i start speeding up and pulling more and more with each pack if i see healer can keep it up

why i do this ? mainly because whnever i lv up a healer i fucking hate tanks with super ego who just run away half of the dungeon while im runing like idiot half of mile behind them trying to get a single cast landing on them. so annying

Deleted
    Levelling a tank now with a healer, so I pull what I can. If that's the entire dungeon, then I pull the entire dungeon. If not, I pull a few groups.

Deleted
    Running speed is the only restraint. That's also why mark of supreme doom is the most valueable trinket for level 100 n/h/m dungeons.