Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PostGG View Post
    But you don't want two badass motorcycles... Yes I just blew your mind.
    Nope, just one....happy with one, too much work to wash two

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's see.

$9.10 USD / hr x 40 hours / week x 52 weeks / year = $18,928 USD / year.

Yep. Fuckin' ballin, nigga.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Nope, just one....happy with one, too much work to wash two
    I will convince you to join the darkside someday.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-29 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    We're viewing this thread using a PC or phone connected to the internet, it's safe to say that we're all wealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Eh, not myself, but my older brother is extremely ridiculously wealthy. He started a company with two other guys almost a decade ago that went from 4 employees to over 250 fulltime and more then double that part time. He's done interviews and been a guest on CNN Money, Bloomberg, Fox, etc. Sold it to a bank in Asia for 9 figures and pretty much just travels the world now while working part time as an advisor for start up tech companies. Not bad for a Theatre Arts college dropout, but he's extremely intelligent and is very charismatic.

He said something to me a few weeks ago I'll always remember.

We were in NYC on a rooftop and I asked him how much he thinks luck played a role in his success. Surprisingly he said 100%. So I'm like "Huh? But you worked like 70 hours a week for the past 10 years almost to build the company up". So he pointed to the skyline and said something like "Chingy, you have people who will work their entire lives cleaning all those windows and mopping up all those floors in these buildings, and will never be rich and will always struggle. I didn't work harder then them. It's just that they never caught their break in life or crossed paths with people who could have brought them to another level."

I love the fact that the money didn't change him.
    I found this an amazing story. Thanks for it
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by anntheman View Post
    There are many who have constantly stated their success. I don't think I've been here for a week and I've seen maybe 20 people talk about their fortunes. If you do not mind, how about revealing yourselves? Who are you, what do/did you do/own, how long did it take, how did you do it, and what are your tips? I think I've seen two people do that so far and they've been both very nice and informative.

Where income is greater than $400,000 (household).
    That part is easy. I was laughing the other day about something similar, for some reason people feel the need to lie to strangers to make themselves feel good, there is a high amount of that around here...

On the front page itself..

2.78% of players have over 600 pets...

yet if you check the poll?

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
    600+ 27.1% (7,313 votes)

1 - 25 15.95% (4,305 votes)

201 - 300 9.11% (2,458 votes)

501 - 600 8.86% (2,392 votes)

401 - 500 7.89% (2,130 votes)

301 - 400 7.31% (1,973 votes)

151 - 200 5.87% (1,585 votes)

26 - 50 4.11% (1,110 votes)

76 - 100 3.75% (1,011 votes)

101 - 125 3.67% (991 votes)

126 - 150 3.5% (945 votes)

51 - 75 2.86% (773 votes)

Total Votes: 26,986

So either every successful wow player is on here... or even on a simple poll where their names won't be mentioned.. they feel the need to say they have 600 even though the direct statistics say a very minor % does..

It's all hillarious to me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    not wealthy at all

but in law school
    Would love to go to law school some times, but I know I'll be a shit lawyer about it. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not going to give any info that could lead to someone contacting the family. Yes, to the other question.
    What did your husband's grandparents do, specifically? What was their psychology going from science to business? They seem like a good source of deeper conversations especially with their experiences. What do you do/do you work for their company?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    And I could see myself as a success guru. Why not
    What was your idea and how did you capitalize? How did you fund your companies and do you have non-generic advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Eh, not myself, but my older brother is extremely ridiculously wealthy.
    Same as Winter Blossom and Deruyter, but maybe more direct since your brother is in tech, how did he approach starting the company? I'm guessing he had to get funding. We've pitched to a local angel who suggested selling user data which is something we really don't want to do and a user here suggested making our product more feature rich to potentially sell features at a premium at a low rate but a minimum viable product would be safer on our budget. Its a real conundrum--make something that sucks and potentially lose a lot of money or make something greater and still possibly lose money.

Anyways, I am a senior CS/mathematics major at a pretty unknown school. We do not really have the entrepreneurial resources of the Stanfords and Harvards. As a matter of fact, we struggle to get corporate sponsors for our capstone projects. A friend and I are working on our capstone project and as someone has pointed out, it is a generally well-received idea based but something that probably will be difficult to earn revenue, especially to keep servers up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Wealth and income are two different things.

Your OP says wealth, this post seems to suggest income?

I'd assume most households have a wealth of $400,000+, that's not exactly much particularly if you own any property. But a $400,000 annual income is pretty high.
    No where close to being accurate. There are literally millions in the US alone living at the federal poverty level. And billions around the world who would love to be living in the US at the poverty level. If you have a 400,000 valued home and assets for example, but are in debt for over 400,000, you are not worth that much. You die and your survivor get your assets and say 400,000 dollar insurance, guess how much you will get after they pay off your debts?

I was born into a very poor family of migrant farm workers. I made a lot sacrifices when I was young and some smart decisions and planned for the future. I got to retire at the age of 53, with zero debt and own my home on 14 acres with enough retirement income to live well. But my total wealth is less then 200k I would think.