Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Unless ownership laws are different in Japan, I don't see how they would enforce anything... Once I buy it it's mine to do as I please with it... if I wanna cover it in fleshlights and hump it like a madman, that that's what I'll do.
    Kindle books, WoW and many other products Say "Hello!".

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Um...Yeah..It's just a weird feeling I get when thinking of something like full size sex robot.
    And no, I wasn't talking of "those"
    Please tell me you're not one of those that want to ban sex-bots because they "demean women" while still using literal male objectification devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Please tell me you're not one of those that want to ban sex-bots because they "demean women" while still using literal male objectification devices.
    If you want to buy sex robot/doll, go right ahead, it should be your right to do so. Still feels weird to me :P

Ill be honest i hope we get sex robots before i die. I wont even care me and my wife will look like our skin were replaces like pig skin and we are all saggy. We can just have a 4 some with perfectly good looking sex robots until we die? Because why the fuck not? I think most people need the realize most of your life sex is about FUN, with or without someone. Youll be doing that activity couple more thousands time then youll be having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't see what's indecent about it. sex robots, built purely for pleasure, will happen in the near future. one day they might be full on people that can choose to marry humans or other sentient robots.
    Futurama already coined the phrase...had a whole episode about it actually.
    Robosexuals.
    Lucy Liu bot for Fry Real Lucy Liu for Bender.

I don't see the issue at all sorry.
    If fake dongs and vaginas exist now and have for thousands of years....how is this different?
    There are interactive usb based sex toys , "Robo." toys as well...this is just tech evolving.

Imagine , a world where we had a few less people because we didn't need to "meat merge" in order to get our heads straight anymore?

"There are plenty of other talking electronic options for your pleasures."

*links to catalogs of robots purposely designed for sex*

Okay so the real argument/discussion here is, when does a governing body have the right to designate what is and is not allowed to be used for personal pleasures?

The answer is simple; Anything that isn't dangerous to health and/or against Secular Law is a grey area that jurisprudence will ignore to preserve its own dignity, removing itself from conversations that would be vapid and demeaning for the authorities.

The problem is complicated: This isn't just an object anymore. It's human shaped. Specifically, small human shaped.

You wouldn't see that in an adult shop, for a good reason.

At this stage and/or level of Human Civilization's maturity and self-awareness, a strict and very obvious ban on use of such objects for such behaviors is not too far fetched, honestly.

It's kind of like how China mandates animated women to have huge breasts so it's clear they are adults.

I don't need laws because I'm normal, but I don't trust addicts and true addicts learn to not trust themselves, so these laws are probably necessary.

The funny thing is though they always have those animal shaped toys in adult shops, specifically sheep ones, so even though it's just a joke that kind of behavior is condoned in a way.

Which means the argument is really more complex: We've agreed all humans are more important than everything else. Which is the right agreement given our superiority. We just have to discuss when a line is drawn between two humans in disagreement, which makes this a case of trying to preserve the peace of the largest majority of humans involved.

That makes this law in particular necessary since reading the animenetwork article in this thread makes it very clear somebody's gotta say "no way" even if afterwards they're gonna look the other way because of what the first reply in this thread said,

and we all just hope for the best, trusting each other to be responsible adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, a quick Google gave me this result http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...actions/.87116
    So probably "sex" in term of soft-core only, maybe a handjob at most? In regards to "how would they know it", well, in that article
    Did you read the article?

Disturbingly, the app is literally called the "Sexual Harassment Interface" and it was developed by Etsuko Ichihara and 10 other people. Pepper's screen changes to a pair of breasts, either fully exposed or seen through a traditional swimsuit, and she reacts when they're "touched." The app's developer is seen in the video below demonstrating how the app works
    It then goes on to say what you quoted. That was designed that way. This was for something SoftBank put on, called "Hackathon of Pepper"

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    Did you read the article?

It then goes on to say what you quoted. That was designed that way. This was for something SoftBank put on, called "Hackathon of Pepper"
    Yes, I did read the article. I'm not sure that I'm getting your point, though.

Someone wondered how can an user engage in sexual act with Pepper and how would Softbank know about that. I linked an article mentioning how - someone designed an app to allow you to sexual harass the bot and Pepper itself can take a photo & upload in Twitter - it's fair to assume that it is capable of uploading the info to Softbank own database as well. So did I get anything wrong?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Please tell me why someone would wanna fuck this:
    Oh aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Those eyes are pretty sexy, you have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Put a wig on it and its a 8/10 easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    If I'm getting a robot I want it purpose built, it needs to do one of 3 things, work like a dog, allow me to have sex with it, inflict harm on others.
    I like the shape of your skull.

Think about the robot's feelings, an era of robotinism is coming.