Fel Lord logs - quick question

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how to check in the logs (on either World of Logs or Warcraft Logs) for who is blowing up the raid on Fel Lord? We are trying to understand if it is our team as a whole or specific people who are struggling with dodging waves when debuffed but not sure how to get at the info in the logs :S

Cheers,

For wcl you would have to make a query for people with latent energy while taking damage from the stuff that makes you go boom. Ingame I always get a chat message of who it is, I think it is there by default. "X's latent energy violently explodes after coming in contact with wave" or something like that.

I'd imagine you just trust that nobody in your raid is that awful,

and realize the damage you're taking is from waves hitting the fel spires he springs out of the ground, which if you're concerned bout who spawned those waves, just blame the three or so people who had the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I'd imagine you just trust that nobody in your raid is that awful,

and realize the damage you're taking is from waves hitting the fel spires he springs out of the ground, which if you're concerned bout who spawned those waves, just blame the three or so people who had the debuff.
    Wrong logic to apply to raiders. Always assume they're idiots who needs to be handheld. It gets you further.

Anyway, just look ingame; Chat message will pop up and say who it is. It's pretty annoying to do on WCL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Anyway, just look ingame; Chat message will pop up and say who it is. It's pretty annoying to do on WCL.
    You can do everything right with latent energy and someone just blows you up with Befouled or sth. Chat says you failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    You can do everything right with latent energy and someone just blows you up with Befouled or sth. Chat says you failed.
    Eeeh no. Befouled won't trigger any messages if they stand on you with it (and that one's easy to check, just see who had the debuff when someone died due to befouled). The only things that trigger messages are:
    When a player with latent is hit by a wave (or ring, if inside).
    When a pillar is hit by a wave.

Literally only those two things will trigger messages.

Yeah I've seen the chat messages but those don't really help with post-game analysis or looking back over different nights (since we haven't been taking note of who was exploding when).

Of course we sometimes have problems with waves hitting pillars but actually the bigger problem - for us at least - is trying to identify who is eating waves with the debuff and work out if it is the same people generally.

Would have thought it would be easier to check that in logs

Quote Originally Posted by Woogi View Post
    Yeah I've seen the chat messages but those don't really help with post-game analysis or looking back over different nights (since we haven't been taking note of who was exploding when).

Of course we sometimes have problems with waves hitting pillars but actually the bigger problem - for us at least - is trying to identify who is eating waves with the debuff and work out if it is the same people generally.

Would have thought it would be easier to check that in logs
    Paste this into "Queries => From Paste" section in the log.

Code:
    0$Separate$#244F4B$damage$-1$0.0.0.Any$0.0.0.Any$true$0.0.0.Any$true$181498$and$auras-gained$-1$0.0.0.Any$0.0.0.Any$true$0.0.0.Any$true$182008$true$false$75
    Then you go to the "Damage Taken"-tab and look at "Unleashed Energy" as the source.

Think that should be what you want to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eeeh no. Befouled won't trigger any messages if they stand on you with it (and that one's easy to check, just see who had the debuff when someone died due to befouled). The only things that trigger messages are:
    When a player with latent is hit by a wave (or ring, if inside).
    When a pillar is hit by a wave.

Literally only those two things will trigger messages.
    You got me wrong. Befouled can trigger a latent energy explosion and its not necessaryly the fault of the latent energy guy, but that's what the message will say Same for seeds, you can mess up your seed position so badly that you wont give someone with latent energy the chance to avoid your waves. Chat sais the latent energy guy wiped you, but in fact it was the seed guy.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-09-28 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    You got me wrong. Befouled can trigger a latent energy explosion and its not necessaryly the fault of the latent energy guy, but that's what the message will say Same for seeds, you can mess up your seed position so badly that you wont give someone with latent energy the chance to avoid your waves. Chat sais the latent energy guy wiped you, but in fact it was the seed guy.
    No. Befouled can NOT trigger a latent energy explosion. Befouled just hits everyone around the Befouled player everytime it hits a specific HP threshold. It does heavy AOE damage, so this might be why you THINK it triggers explosions, but it really doesn't. The only thing that triggers explosions are:
    Waves or rings hitting a player with latent energy.
    A player with latent energy standing in a fissure.
    Waves from seeds hitting the pillars.

Befouled has no interaction with Latent energy. THIS is what I'm trying to tell you. You are the one who "got me wrong".

Thanks Triggi I think that is similar to what I am trying to look at but not quite, it seems to be showing anyone with latent taking damage from an explosion which ofc may not be their fault.

The difficulty I am having now is working out what the name of the waves / rings are since they seem to be separate from Cavitation / Seeds of Destruction. I thought it might be Wake of Destruction but that doesn't seem to be right ><

So frustrating that it outputs exactly what we want to know in chat but seems so hard to access in the logs

As someone said above, you can make a custom query. You don't need to use the "from paste" option, you can just select the settings yourself. Something like this: Events: Damage To FriendliesAbilities: Wake of Destruction (ID: 181498)
    and Events: Debuffs Present On Target ()Abilities: Latent Energy (ID: 182008)

And you'd want pin type to be filter.

This will show you who took damage from Wake (you can also add fissures if you want, but that tends to be less of a problem) while having Latent Energy. It doesn't really show you "how much raid damage" you caused, but it does show who caused it.

I guess it also doesn't show who's to blame in the situation where someone gets seeds of desctruction and runs into the middle of the raid. Doesn't show any unleashed that were from Wakes hitting pillars.
    Last edited by Sxq; 2015-09-28 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogi View Post
    The difficulty I am having now is working out what the name of the waves / rings are since they seem to be separate from Cavitation / Seeds of Destruction. I thought it might be Wake of Destruction but that doesn't seem to be right ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowhead tooltip
    Seed of Destruction
    Unlimited range
    0.7 sec cast
    The caster chooses 5 targets, causing them to emit 8 Wakes of Destruction after 5 sec.
    For some reason we haven't logged this fight for quite some time so I can't look at our logs and remember it happening. But afaik Wake of Destruction is the name of the waves from seed.

I have a semi-related question hopefully someone can help with. On our first partial night of mythic attempts we had people in the second shadow realm take damage (and even die) from Unleashed Energy, but the problem is sometimes in the log I can't figure out what caused it. None of the 4 people in the realm are hit by anything (and even outside in the normal realm the only damage taken near the window is the tank being hit by melee swings), then suddenly Unleashed Energy goes off, killing one person. His death sets off wakes of destruction in the normal realm, a bunch of which spawn right into the raid, wiping us.

Here's the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&end=14252537. I've zoomed into a 4 second window for damage taken: Fel Crystals pulsing on the raid outside make up most of the entries, but in the middle you can see 4 people take Unleashed Energy (sandwiched by 2 melee hits on the tank) around 1:20.400, seemingly without any triggering event. I also checked to see if someone was hit by a wake but took no damage due to immunity, but that also didn't happen (plus they would have also been immune to the Unleashed Energy damage as well, but all 4 took damage from that).

Any idea what's causing this? Is there something I'm missing that can trigger Unleashed Energy in the shadow realm? The tooltips for Rings of Destruction and Latent Energy don't mention any interaction there, but even if the rings do cause Unleashed Energy I don't see anyone getting hit by one of those either. If a pillar was hit by a wake that would cause Unleashed Energy without a damage event on a player, but that shouldn't be possible in the shadow realm, right?
    Last edited by Thursley; 2015-09-30 at 08:09 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC