Thread: How are these

10+ Year Old Account

How are these

Pretty new to hearthstone and im trying these 2 decks out but they dont seem very good any pointers? thanks
    Lock deck http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=130832&edit
    druid deck http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=130834&edit
    Semper Fi

Well I'm more of a warlock player so I'll comment on that one - looks like a kind of hybrid demon/zoo deck. I haven't played it but on first look I'd say it lacks focus on one theme. I'm not sure what your collection situation is but I'd consider removing blood imps, demolishers, echoing ooze and dancing swords. I'd say you only need one Void Terror too. As for the other cards, it depends which road you want to go down.

Here's two of the top ranked zoo decks on Hearthpwn for comparison, from memory my current lock deck is fairly similar to the first one.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23985...reak-to-legend
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/28557...nd-6-demon-zoo

And here's the top ranked demon deck:

Personally I find demon decks cool and fun but not as reliable as zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I'm more of a warlock player so I'll comment on that one - looks like a kind of hybrid demon/zoo deck. I haven't played it but on first look I'd say it lacks focus on one theme. I'm not sure what your collection situation is but I'd consider removing blood imps, demolishers, echoing ooze and dancing swords. I'd say you only need one Void Terror too. As for the other cards, it depends which road you want to go down.

Here's two of the top ranked zoo decks on Hearthpwn for comparison, from memory my current lock deck is fairly similar to the first one.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23985...reak-to-legend

And here's the top ranked demon deck:

Personally I find demon decks cool and fun but not as reliable as zoo.
    Im missing alot of the core cards of these decks sadly Malgan, imp boss, 1 implosion, knife jug, doomguards, dr boom
    Semper Fi

Hmm, if you're missing Malganis then go zoo instead of demon lock. Swap Harvest Golems for Imp Gang Boss, some other removal for implosion (darkbomb maybe, soulfire if you have no alternative). Not having 2 knife jugglers makes zoo a bit harder to play. Hard to make any lock deck work without two Doomguards. Maybe substitute arcane golems? Far from ideal though.

Well, at least you know what to craft next!

Kinda hard to help improve decks when you don't have basic cards. But I can give you some pointers that you can keep in mind when you're looking to improve the decks.

Warlock: Looks decent. Zoo-style with demons, overrun with small minions first, finish with big threats pulled from voidcallers.

First of all, some minions are bad, or bad for the deck, so start with removing them.
    - Blood Imp (bad)
    - Dancing Swords (bad)
    - Demolishers (bad)
    - Infernals (bad when you run zoo-style decks. I understand you want to pull them from voidcallers, but it doesn't justify wiping your board).

So what can you add? +Dreadlords are a given in any zoo-style deck, they're strong finishers and works very well with Voidcallers as well. Aside from them there are guidelines, such as:

Sticky minions. This means that they are resiliant to removal, especially AoEs. Old classics are Harvest Golems and Scarlet Crusaders, staples in the original zoo decks. One spawns minions upon death, one has divine shield. None will die to lightning storm, lightning bolt, flame strike etc. Usually it requires two cards to get rid of one of them. Therefore
    +Harvest Golem
    +Scarlet Crusader
    +Imp Gang Boss
    +Haunted Creepers

Buffers. One of the best things about being zoo is that you usually have board presence. Buffs can be very helpful there, often giving you favorable trades (you have a 3/4 voidcaller, enemy has a 4/3 shredder, playing argus before trading means you survive).
    +Power Overwhelmings (if you run 2 eggs and 2 void terrors, this is an absolute must)
    +Argus
    +Knife Jugglers (not buffing really but benefits from zoo style decks)

Keep in mind that these are just examples. Aside from a second PO and some doomguards, those I'd highly recommend for the deck to get better.

Druid: This looks pretty bad, it's a mix-match of early, mid and endgame cards. No clear playstyle, no idea behind it. For example, you have leper gnomes and 2 savage roars (without force of nature), which are from zoo style decks where you play a lot of sticky/damaging minions then finish them off with a bloodlust style savage roar. But you also play 2 innervates and ancient of wars, which are ramp/defensive cards, meant to win by getting big minions onto the board earlier than the opposing deck and winning on tempo.

So first of all you must decide on what style you want to play. Rush or ramp/control. While some deck can mix and match, such as zoo+demon, rush+ramp is just very counterproductive and won't work at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Kinda hard to help improve decks when you don't have basic cards. But I can give you some pointers that you can keep in mind when you're looking to improve the decks.

Warlock: Looks decent. Zoo-style with demons, overrun with small minions first, finish with big threats pulled from voidcallers.

First of all, some minions are bad, or bad for the deck, so start with removing them.
    - Blood Imp (bad)
    - Dancing Swords (bad)
    - Demolishers (bad)
    - Infernals (bad when you run zoo-style decks. I understand you want to pull them from voidcallers, but it doesn't justify wiping your board).

So what can you add? +Dreadlords are a given in any zoo-style deck, they're strong finishers and works very well with Voidcallers as well. Aside from them there are guidelines, such as:

Sticky minions. This means that they are resiliant to removal, especially AoEs. Old classics are Harvest Golems and Scarlet Crusaders, staples in the original zoo decks. One spawns minions upon death, one has divine shield. None will die to lightning storm, lightning bolt, flame strike etc. Usually it requires two cards to get rid of one of them. Therefore
    +Harvest Golem
    +Scarlet Crusader
    +Imp Gang Boss
    +Haunted Creepers

Buffers. One of the best things about being zoo is that you usually have board presence. Buffs can be very helpful there, often giving you favorable trades (you have a 3/4 voidcaller, enemy has a 4/3 shredder, playing argus before trading means you survive).
    +Power Overwhelmings (if you run 2 eggs and 2 void terrors, this is an absolute must)
    +Argus
    +Knife Jugglers (not buffing really but benefits from zoo style decks)

Keep in mind that these are just examples. Aside from a second PO and some doomguards, those I'd highly recommend for the deck to get better.

Druid: This looks pretty bad, it's a mix-match of early, mid and endgame cards. No clear playstyle, no idea behind it. For example, you have leper gnomes and 2 savage roars (without force of nature), which are from zoo style decks where you play a lot of sticky/damaging minions then finish them off with a bloodlust style savage roar. But you also play 2 innervates and ancient of wars, which are ramp/defensive cards, meant to win by getting big minions onto the board earlier than the opposing deck and winning on tempo.

So first of all you must decide on what style you want to play. Rush or ramp/control. While some deck can mix and match, such as zoo+demon, rush+ramp is just very counterproductive and won't work at all.
    Wow thanks for the lock help
    As far a the druid goes you are probly right and thats my problem I cant readily determine what type of deck a card belongs in

- - - Updated - - -

Also I cannot find a card called dreadlord
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Also I cannot find a card called dreadlord
    I think he means Doomguards, which unfortunately you don't have. Unless he mixed them up with Deathlords. I wouldn't advise those.

Also maybe consider a tech card or two if you have them - Harrison Jones or an Ooze for weapon breaks, or Kezan Mystics for secrets (I'm finding those amazing at the moment due to all the secret classes). Double Ironbeak Owl is probably overkill.

I think he means Doomguards, which unfortunately you don't have. Unless he mixed them up with Deathlords. I wouldn't advise those.
    Doomguards indeed. And yeah I noticed he doesn't have them, but it might be worth stressing how good they would be if he wants to run a zoo/demon style deck. They're not that expensive to craft, being only rares and stuff.

Not sure why I called them dreadlords, the second time around I wrote doomguards. Guess the only Dreadlord in the game is Mal'Ganis, who would also be pretty good, but it's a tad more expensive. ^^

Also maybe consider a tech card or two if you have them - Harrison Jones or an Ooze for weapon breaks, or Kezan Mystics for secrets (I'm finding those amazing at the moment due to all the secret classes). Double Ironbeak Owl is probably overkill.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the owls. Two are definitely overkill unless you run some kind of ancient watcher combo as well, but that'd be a bit over the top since it's already a pretty split deck.