Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's a racist oversimplification right there.
    Who is it racist against? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Religion, it is very common for latinos to have strong Catholic roots.
    Yep and a majority of Catholics are against same-sex marriage and abortion, both in common with Conservatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post

I blame the internet tbh... and television. If more people were bored more people would be out there on the streets kicking ass and demanding more.
    I blame the enormous labour glut introduced to the world in the last few decades.
    Postwar generation and China.
    more labourers, less pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Who is it racist against? I'm curious.
    the assumption that all non-whites are 'voting against their interests' implies that A, they are all poor, B, Implies you (guessing, white man) Know better than them, C, That the sole consideration when voting is personal gain (for them who vote 'your' way)

All three counts as racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    the assumption
    It's not an assumption.

that all non-whites are 'voting against their interests'
    I never said all.

implies that
    Well, I can't help what implications people see in things.

A, they are all poor
    Nope. Never said that.

B, Implies you (guessing, white man) Know better than them
    Yep. If they vote for Republicans, then absolutely.

C, That the sole consideration when voting is personal gain (for them who vote 'your' way)
    Nope. Never said that either.

All three counts as racist.
    None of those things are racist. Then again, if one belongs to the camp of Anita Sarkeesian, then everything is racist. She actually said that.

In any case, the point is that Republicans don't give two shits about the latinos, women, gays, or any other minority, and in fact, have been doing their damnedest to make the lives of said minorities worse and worse. So yes, if you belong to one of those minorities, and you vote Republican, you're voting against your interests. That's not racism. That's mathematical logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most nonwhites are socially conservative, some even decide to become Republicans because of it, but in my mind money trumps social issues.
    Asians are democrats, possibly because they aren't religious at all.

Deleted
    It's not an assumption.
    Yeah it is:
    It's called voting against your interests. It's the power of propaganda at work.

I never said all.
    yeah you did.
    Yep. If they vote for Republicans, then absolutely.
    So you the white man knows better than they, the ignorant hispanics and blacks?
    Yeah - how that is racist soo hard to see

None of those things are racist. Then again, if one belongs to the camp of Anita Sarkeesian, then everything is racist. She actually said that.
    I can, and did make that argument that you were racist, i made the another one jsut up here - and i think anita sarkeesian is an idiot, so why you think i would care ...

In any case, the point is that Republicans don't give two shits about the latinos, women, gays, or any other minority, and in fact, have been doing their damnedest to make the lives of said minorities worse and worse.
    You might be helped by this fact:
    Latinos are not a coherent group.
    So yes, if you belong to one of those minorities, and you vote Republican, you're voting against your interests. That's not racism. That's mathematical logic.
    You may have other interests, you know.
    and just to be clear, its the presumption you know better than them, that is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep and a majority of Catholics are against same-sex marriage and abortion, both in common with Conservatives.
    57% of American Catholics are in favor of secular gay marriage.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Why does it matter what a race a person is when they vote unless they are voting for that person because they are racist themselves? Like voting for someone just because they are same race as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    And yet the left constantly attempts to do the same such as forcing their definition of the confederate flag onto people, saying it represents racism, when a lot of people define it as state's rights. And maybe you disagree with that analogy, but a lot of people think that analogy has a ton of merit, and so when you then force your opinions of flags onto everyone but say we cant force our opinions of marriage on everyone, they start pulling the republican lever in the voting booth because they think you're full of crap. They think you believe its perfectly ok to force your opinions ONLY when you agree with them.

Or to put it another way, people see that the left forces their opinions on:

1. the confederate flag
    2. school lunch menus
    3. christmas
    4. the banning of religion
    5. health care
    6. where parents are allowed to send their kids to school
    7. the maximum allowed size of a soda

and a ton of other things. And then they get told oh NO you can't force your opinion on anything because forcing opinions is wrong, they think you are nuts!
    This is fucking hysterical. AND he thinks he made a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post

1. the confederate flag
    2. school lunch menus
    3. christmas
    4. the banning of religion
    5. health care
    6. where parents are allowed to send their kids to school
    7. the maximum allowed size of a soda
    1. States rights to do what? Oh right, own fucking slaves. Read the Articles of Secession of every single one of the initial states to secede.
    2. Trying to get the obesity epidemic under control is a bad thing?
    3. Que?
    4. What the actual fuck?
    5. So sorry we're trying to keep us on par with modern First World nations. I keep forgetting Conservatives want us to be peers with Third World shitholes.
    6. What? Nobody is trying to limit school choice, but public funds go to public schools with public oversight, not private schools.
    7. One fucking mayor, not Liberals.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    1. States rights to do what? Oh right, own fucking slaves. Read the Articles of Secession of every single one of the initial states to secede.
    2. Trying to get the obesity epidemic under control is a bad thing?
    3. Que?
    4. What the actual fuck?
    5. So sorry we're trying to keep us on par with modern First World nations. I keep forgetting Conservatives want us to be peers with Third World shitholes.
    6. What? Nobody is trying to limit school choice, but public funds go to public schools with public oversight, not private schools.
    7. One fucking mayor, not Liberals.
    He produces nothing but flaccid vitriol on forums and hates the boogeyman liberal he's created in his head.

Best just to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Laissez-faire libertarianism ftw
    That's called anarchy, and it's not a viable model for an economic system let alone a government. The invisible hand doesn't always work fast enough or strongly enough, and as long as you have a cornered market or enough power, it doesn't do jack for market corrections.

Libertarinism is a great idea when you're in college think your "parents just don't get it" and wish everyone would leave you alone. In the real world, it's a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't worry, it's steadily being replaced by new media anyway.
    True that. Same thing tho'.

/inturtubessheepRus
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-09-28 at 09:30 PM.