Deleted

[Resto] Low output or just plain bad? Halp Plox!

Im a resto druid, and this community is so helpful about my GF's Feral that I want to give a shot at improving myself above and beyhond with your help! So' I just started mythic raiding my team comp is an amazing holy pally, a great Disc priest, a very skilled Rshaman when needed and me as Rdruid.
    Thing is, during heroic raiding most of the time I could be slightly below our Disc and could never keep up with the pally... To the point of being almost useless within the fight and do about half the healing output of either the Hpally or the Dpriest.
    I understand that we already overgear heroic content and mythic will bring enough damage so that my healing gets bumped up.
    Anyway...
    this is me
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agralho/simple

and my logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/102799

I tend to maximize my output and keep moonfire in all long living targets, and sometimes can rake 1-2M damage by the end of the fights.
    I use NV because gives me some damage (less than 45sec wrath spam but way less clunky and I focus more on healing than on dps as Im a healer... Im just optimizing downtimes)
    I also run with Sotf most of the time because ToL is powerful but condenses all the power in 30 sec and the other healers spot heal a lot and therefore I rathet have a more spreadout static output.
    Ofc I tend to keep harmony up 100 of the time and most of the time I get nice uptimes.
    I dont mind missing 4pieces mainly because pally and priest tend to shiled our tanks to oblivion.
    also, I find rejuv blanket just being useless as they pick all heal they can ( bet they fight for meeter padding)

Alright enough complaining about my fellow healers.
    My mana seems to go down really quickly even when Im not regrowing a lot and rejuv sparcely... should I go for more spirit instead of mastery? (not skipping on any haste)
    specially comparing my mana usage with the mana levels of the paladin and priest wich seems endless. maybe Im just WG'ing a lot more than I should?! but if I dont try and healing agressivelly (and I know how wrong it is for a druid) they will sac me for low output.

Any pointers are more than appreciated!
    Best regards!

Deleted
    If they sac you for low output on easy farm fights, they're dumb. A resto druid that is healing with Disc/Paladin on easier content (basically everything pre-HC archimonde for you) is always going to be behind. There just isn't enough damage left over for you to heal after their absorbs. Mythic Assasult is kind of the same. Low healing fight, and you'll only get noteworthy healing if your dps are terrible and the Felcasters cast sub-50%.

So the main thing is to look at your Reaver wipes, and this is where I'd disagree with some of your talent choices. If you look at this fight, there's 2 very clear phases with 3 minutes in between, and some specific parts of the fight where raid damage is higher than elsewhere (the :30 to 1:30 part of each ground phase). This is ideal for both Incarnation and Heart of the Wild. You seem to be losing most of your people around these times so boosting healing output for that should be the plan.

NV's numbers look deceptively high because it has such high uptime, but in reality it's a fairly weak cooldown compared to HotW when healing is actually needed. The damage done by NV is somewhat irrelevant since Reaver is far more about survival. Similarly, I'd say Incarnation beats out SotF because the first is more powerful during the time strong healing is needed, and goes on cooldown when healing is easy (air phase and start/end of ground phase). You really don't get much value out of SotF during the easy healing phases.

As for 4 piece tier set, please remember that Lifebloom doesn't have to be on a tank. With the 2-piece it becomes a powerful enough HoT to put them on others as well who you feel will be taking constant damage. You'll want it before you guys hit Council.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    As for 4 piece tier set, please remember that Lifebloom doesn't have to be on a tank. With the 2-piece it becomes a powerful enough HoT to put them on others as well who you feel will be taking constant damage. You'll want it before you guys hit Council.
    This is incredibly important, especially if you want to cheese your numbers a little. For the most part, tanks don't take enough damage for Lifebloom to be truly useful. With the 4 set, you have the option to be placing it on various people over the course of a fight - especially those with DoTs (Socrethar, Council, Kilrogg etc). The healing it can do with low overhealing is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    If they sac you for low output on easy farm fights, they're dumb.
    As is this. Our class is designed for consistent, medium to heavy damage - this just doesn't happen in Heroic so our healing takes a nosedive. The damage in HC is so easily covered by a Paladin or Shaman, we have little use for most fights. This is made even worse with a small group.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2015-09-28 at 05:49 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=22&source=16
    you need to use lifebloom more often espacially with your t18 4er bonus.
    regrowth should only be used in dire needs or if you have a clearcasting procc(which happens quite often because of lifebloom.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=184125
    you didnt heal any of the debuffed players with something other then wild growth (the few reju dont count)
    they need to have a reju, a germination and 2 of them a lifebloom.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4671&by=target
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=143924
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2#type=healing
    Add the second number(Leech) to your healing and you are doing the same amount of healing as they do.
    to get a calculation of the numbers you(as well as other possible healers with the same trinket) did through this trinket use following Weak Aura:
    http://pastebin.com/r5Ae5xEM

Greets

and please dont lock out on your feral gear.

Deleted
    So I heard that 4-piece means you get lifeblooms as 2 cheap rejuvs... I wanted to invest in 4 piece but since I'm getting locked out of healing with Hots (because of sniping, absorbs and low damage income) I never considered it to be a big priority (it is, but eventually my daily raiding is "player X takes damage, drops to ~80%, put a hot on him, healed to 100% by some paladin/priest/shaman heal, Hot overhealing for 7 sec.) so why bother that much?!
    I understand that getting snipped is our bane, but the amount of bickering between our healers is amazing... its like they actually try to "ninja-heal eachother as much as they can" so that they can end up with big numbers to brag and shame. Its not bad, because bad playing is punished with absurd mana consumption, but if palas have near infinite mana... LOL
    I would describe my healer-mates as "healers thinking like DPS"... and I think that is plain wrong.

Anyway, another and perhaps the MOST annoying thing for me is that most of the time its this state I just described (feeling useless, dead weight and overhealing everything, but, there are moments within a fight (last phase Archimonde for instance) that I'm globaled and still is not enough and my mana goes like crazy ( I can pull nice numbers but still its not enough) I keep SM and WG on CD (because of Sotf (i will change that to ToL next raid)), rejuv blanket all targets without WG and keep a RG at hand just in case its a dire situation, and ofc, mushroom on a bunch of melee's or tank spot.. still, like I said... Im Globaled! and its not enough! (maybe I should rely on other healers to cover up).

About HotW vs NV for me is the same reason I picked SotF instead of ToL... SotF gives me some more sustained (although clunky) throughput, and in a world where I get snipped and humiliated to the point of being afraid to be sac'd i rather have that sustained than simply pop ToL just for them to notice my shapeshift and focus even more on snipping.
    NV gives me some sort of AoE'ish healing (mediocre I know) and its a 50% uptime buff to my healing... HotW, its very powerful, but Im afraid I pop it (like ToL) just to be snipped into oblivion. (yeah any kind of call that a major CD its about to be popped is a flag for trying to nip as much as they can, I guess).

I'm also concerned about my mana, maybe I need more spirit? so I can RJ blanket a bit more when the damage ramp up in mythic?

I have hope that mythic will bring some more damage input to make my true potential show up, but now I'm just in a dark place.
    Thanks for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    Add the second number(Leech) to your healing and you are doing the same amount of healing as they do.
    to get a calculation of the numbers you(as well as other possible healers with the same trinket) did through this trinket use following Weak Aura:
    http://pastebin.com/r5Ae5xEM
    Yeah got that aura since the day I got the trinket so I could at least justify my low numbers by showing them that my healing was more than that on the recount/skada.
    Thanks though!

Your Lifebloom uptime is 65% on all the reaver attempts combined which is atrocious. Harmony uptime over all attempts is only 85% which is also way too low. Mushroom casts could also be a bit better. Focus on these major things and healing will get way better quickly.
    Especially with the set bonus it's amazing how much healing Lifebloom will generate. Make sure to have 2 active at least 90% of the time (while keeping Harmony up 100% of the time).

for council mythic( I only healed council since i normally dps) ToL and HoTW is important since you have 4 phases where the dps will be insanse.
    Windwalk 1 until the near adds are cleared
    Windwalk 2 until the near adds are cleared
    Blademaster <30% and the voilet phase starts (I my opinion the most demanding healwise)
    And the last % of the fight when multiple people have really high dots since there is no more reap
    To have a second CD is really nice.

Its the same with kromrok(depending on the tactic) if you do voilet last( and your singletarget dps isnt strong), there are 10 secs with absord amounts of dmg because of triple waves and grounding/pounding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kliker View Post
    (yeah any kind of call that a major CD its about to be popped is a flag for trying to nip as much as they can, I guess).
    If you and your team have any kind of interest in progression, you really need to sort this. Healing is a combined effort and you can't get anywhere if you're treating HPS like it's the end of everything. I know you're saying that it's the other healers who are like this, but it's affecting you and your playstyle and so you've also become part of the problem. You use major CD's because you want the raid to stay alive, not because of the meters. Stop giving a fuck about them sniping your heals and just get to healing as you feel most benefits the raid. Recognize the most dangerous moments of a bossfight and see what you and your healing TEAM can do to help your raid get through it. If you can't sort this behaviour out, you'll never get past Council because that fight is harsher on healers than Reaver.

Also, NV uptime is 33%, not 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    for council mythic( I only healed council since i normally dps) ToL and HoTW is important since you have 4 phases where the dps will be insanse.
    Windwalk 1 until the near adds are cleared
    Windwalk 2 until the near adds are cleared
    Blademaster <30% and the voilet phase starts (I my opinion the most demanding healwise)
    And the last % of the fight when multiple people have really high dots since there is no more reap
    To have a second CD is really nice.

Its the same with kromrok(depending on the tactic) if you do voilet last( and your singletarget dps isnt strong), there are 10 secs with absord amounts of dmg because of triple waves and grounding/pounding.
    I dont really see the real arguement for HotW over NV though, you can keep NV up for pretty much all 4 phases, HotW alone doesn't really seem to cover them, also the most demanding is definitely seems like the first ones. And you are suggesting it to use it in the last phase, when you are most likely very low on mana, I can understand if you would use it for dps here, but really doesn't seem like a good fight to use it for.

Any fight with an enrage below certain % phase I can understand, because the rest of the healing tends to be very trivial, but for a fight with lots of heavy healing phases I really don't see why you would use HotW over NV. The cooldown of HotW is really too long so you only get to use it once during a fight aswell.
    So iskar, zakuun, xhul, tyrant, (manno?) and archimonde.

NV has the bonus of doing very little overhealing aswell, HotW will most likely do quite a bit of overhealing, while NV will spread your healing, so that you get more smooth healing, but yeah ofc if you are planning to use it for a super powered sure, but how often is it that tranq doesnt heal for enough.

The 40-yard semi-smart cleave heal from NV is sometimes really useful.

Looking at the recent (M) Hellfire Assault,

NV usage could be higher (in this case almost double the usage), ToL + NV alignment makes sense, but it is also important to try and get in the extra NV before ToL comes back off of CD.

WM uptime could stand to be higher, some fights can involve a lot of melee moving i.e. Assault, so I sometimes prefer a clump of range to maximize targets hit.