Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV]Into the Badlands.

Anyone else pretty hyped for this show?

An AMC drama, with some fairly high quality fight scenes, a solid sounding plot AND Madeleine Mantock? Not sure how this could go wrong.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Anyone else pretty hyped for this show?

An AMC drama, with some fairly high quality fight scenes, a solid sounding plot AND Madeleine Mantock? Not sure how this could go wrong.
    It looks very interesting, I'm hoping its only downside is the additional hour I have to wait for Talking Dead.

Saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago, found it pretty interesting.

The whole faction\baron, post-apocalyptic wasteland vibe, with the awesome fight scenes. can't wait.

I was definitely interested in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    The action looks insane, that sword fight in the rain is movie quality, really hope they didn't just put all the good bits in the trailer and the rest is balls .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Looks pretty awesome, definitely looking forward to it

Premiered tonight after TWD - I thought the action was great, but as usual with Asian actors speaking English, the dialogue felt a little flat at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this was on? Nice. And it's airing after TWD? Shit that should get it a few thousand viewers just because of people too lazy to change the channel .

I'll check it out tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the fact that they advertise the shit out of it, just like the last show they tried to pair with the walking dead, Low Winter Sun.

therefore i refuse to watch it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    therefore i refuse to watch it.
    While I understand the viewpoint, there's one HUGE difference between Low Winter Sun and Into the Badlands...

Badlands actually looks badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care for the promos. Decided I wasn't going to watch it.

Replay came on last night and I was bored. Actually enjoyed it quite a lot. I'll give it a shot.

Thought is was alright, which is pretty common for the first few episodes of a any show with a large cast.

Has a very old school Kung Fu touched with Steampunk feel to it which I thought was pretty cool.

I'll keep watching it because the potential is pretty high once they get through introducing all the characters and start developing their relationships to the narrative and each other.

My guess is the show will take at least a half a season of being meh at best, until it starts to get going and we can tell if it is going to be a good show or not.

Action was great. Everything else felt just a little bit...campy. I look forward to future episodes.

not entirely unpredictable, but still an enjoyable watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent show, I mean it didn't really set the world alight, but a decent premise, the actors are all pretty solid (Daniel Wu is TOO good in Protegé, but then again, that's in his native tongue)and the action is OMFG good... Except for the annoying habbit of having Sunny take out a bunch of trash mobs, then fight a "boss".

That final sword fight, with The Widow's troops in the rain, was INSANELY good, like best I've seen on TV in a long time good.

Plus... Madeleine Mantock.

I'll give it the standard three episodes, I think it'll be sticking around though.

I'll give it the standard three episodes, I think it'll be sticking around though.
    A show like this needs more then three episodes to determine it's value. I've found that most shows with large casts take nearly a season to start getting good. Game of Thrones did not really start coming together until the second half of the first season. Penny Dreadful took nearly a full season to get good. AOS took a full season to start coming together, the list can go on and on.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything else felt just a little bit...campy.
    I think it is supposed to feel that way.

This show seems to be paying heavy respect to the old fashioned Kung Fu movies of old with the over the top combat and dialog which depends on stringing together a series of one liners. I don't think it is going to get better, which in my opinion, is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Sarah Bolger is in this. Just might need to check this out

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I heard Sarah Bolger is in this. Just might need to check this out
    She is, meow. Her Instagram is loaded with promo shots and such of it and a few other things she's got coming out. She's great, ever since The Tudors I've been a big fan.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

If you're going to give it 3 episodes you may as well see the season through, after all it's only 6 episodes.

I enjoyed the pilot. Kept me entertained all the way through. Fight scenes were great IMO.