Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only watched the first 2 episodes, but i like so far that the Baron's can throw down and aren't afraid to put in work (after Sunny refused to kill that fam). I always hated when the "final boss" was weak, compared to his #2 or enforcer. It's akin to Nola from Banshee going up to Kai's thinking she would easily take out Burton and then Kai... like... you a bad ass bitch, but it is NOT going to be that easy.

I hope it has legs, but I'm not sure where it goes given that the main plots are Sunny getting away and the younger dudes power. Guessing they'll kill Sunny's chick, so he's got no need to leave the Badlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I didn't see the Widow being displaced so early on or straight away, .. it's beginning to drag on a bit like a soap opera.. whiles i like it very much, I might just pause on it and wait till it finishes then chain watch it.

I love the style of this show. It almost doesn't need to have a plot, I can watch the fight scenes over and over again. The color and style of the fights remind me a lot of Jet Li's Hero, and how they used color there.

The only thing that jars me a bit is the American accents, especially the kid (MK). Normally, post-apocalyptic steampunk-ish shows are rife in British accents, it's weird to have one in American accents. But then again, in this past episode, we see a model of the Capitol on the table behind Baron Quinn, leading us to believe the Badlands might literally be the Badlands of the Dakotas in the Americas, and this is America after the fall of the "American Empire" so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    A solid episode, as usual the fights were stupidly good (Widow Vs Baron just before the credits was a particularly amazing clash).

Then there was CONSIDERABLY more Veil, which I am happy about, and I think based on her showing today she's going to be getting a lot of screen time from here on in. (although that last scene was creepy AF, I really though Quinn was going to attack her, I guess he knows that if he did Sunny would end him... Hmm, maybe that's what will set the ball in motion...)

As for plot advancment... Glacial as ever, but the groundwork is being laid, so I guess I can't really complain. I get the feeling that it's going to be a lot of build up and then all explode and madness will happen in the last 2 or 3 episode.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The last two or three episodes is now. The first season only has a 6 episode run (like Breaking Bad and TWD). It's AMC's format to not have to commit to large first seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Fuck.

I guess it'll all kick off next week then .

Also, I think this is visually the best show on TV right now. the sets, costumes and cinematography are all exceptional. Loved the scene in this weeks episodes where Sunny went to meet Zephyr, thought the wide angel shot was a thing of beauty.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Yeah, it truly is quite up there, I can see it becoming very very popular, ofc, i tend to lose a bit of interest when that happens on some shows, but hey

Still don't find myself liking any of the main chars, MK is awful and Sunny is utterly boring beyond being an action hero. Oh the Baron is alright I guess! Will keep watching though because like people are saying the action is unparalleled and it's interesting visually (if a lil on the cliched side).

I actually find the women in this story to be the most compelling characters, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I actually find the women in this story to be the most compelling characters, so far.
    Definitely miles ahead of the men lol. I can't see myself ever really coming round to Sunny and MK but with abit more development Widow could be interesting.

I feel like a dope because it was only last night that I realized MK= Monkey King

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I feel like a dope because it was only last night that I realized MK= Monkey King
    Haha yup, that dawned on me last week. Along with Sunny being "Sun Wukong".

10+ Year Old Account
    Very odd episode... So Quinn meets a new baron, he flat out tells them the widow is causes shit. A mysterious Assassin tries to kill Quinn

And the other Baron decides to attack HIM?

Then when it's descovered that *Shocker* it WAS actually the Widow, apparently it's still all Quinn's fault, because he antagonised her? How exactly did he do that? By letting his son get kidnapped?

Then when it's descovered that *Shocker* it WAS actually the Widow, apparently it's still all Quinn's fault, because he antagonised her? How exactly did he do that? By letting his son get kidnapped?
    1) The other Barons dislike Quinn because he is the most powerful Baron who just became more powerful... so they are not letting a little thing like the facts get in the way of undermining Quinn

2) I thought Quinn made the first move when his son tried to kill the Widow. Quinn may have disproved but it was still under his authority.

well as for the barons attacking in the assassination attempt it was b.c. the weapon thrown was the type that belonged the other baron (the black guy) .. so it looked he tried it thus the fight. I'm guessing each baron has weapons that are kinda unique... samurai swords, pick axe types, and those butterfly throwing stars.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    1) The other Barons dislike Quinn because he is the most powerful Baron who just became more powerful... so they are not letting a little thing like the facts get in the way of undermining Quinn
    And then just as suddenly became WAY less power, by having his Clipper and Cog forces decimated by The Widow. Who is RAPIDLY gaining large amounts of power and has shown that she gives a grand total of zero fucks about the established rules. I'd say she's far more of a threat than Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    well as for the barons attacking in the assassination attempt it was b.c. the weapon thrown was the type that belonged the other baron (the black guy) .. so it looked he tried it thus the fight. I'm guessing each baron has weapons that are kinda unique... samurai swords, pick axe types, and those butterfly throwing stars.
    But that's the thing, the attack was with Black Baron's weapon (the pick axe thing) yes as soon as it was thrown HE attacked... Almost as if he was in on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    But that's the thing, the attack was with Black Baron's weapon (the pick axe thing) yes as soon as it was thrown HE attacked... Almost as if he was in on it...
    That's the odd bit, cuz Zephyr wants his baronship, but he was the one that also reacted, unless it was a pre-emptive "oh shit" and defended himself.

I hope they don't kill Quinn off, he's my favorite character so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    And then just as suddenly became WAY less power, by having his Clipper and Cog forces decimated by The Widow. Who is RAPIDLY gaining large amounts of power and has shown that she gives a grand total of zero fucks about the established rules. I'd say she's far more of a threat than Quinn.

I'm almost positive that Quinn drew first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm almost positive that Quinn drew first.
    I wanted to say that as well "oh shit, it's an ambust *pulls sword*" but I can't say for sure, but they were all expecting some action. After dude said his thing about his dad not liking him etc

That may be, however at that moment in time nobody knew about the attack on the Fort and Quinn was still the most powerful Baron around.

However, to that point. The Widow is building her position for pretty much nothing. Harming Quinn I am sure is a good first step, but she lost everything in the first few episodes.

Quinn's problem is that he is so big and so powerful that his forces are to stretched to effectively defend his territory, which one of the characters explicitly states. The attack on the Fort while certainly a blow but I think the Widow has a long way to go before she eclipses Quinn in any meaningful way.

Oh and that other Baron that was fighting with Quinn is likely pretty pissed at the Widow right now too.