Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That endfight was hilarious .. BAD.... Quinn is stab more then once but ofc he comes back just to kill Henries mother.... that was an awfull plot right there....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That endfight was hilarious .. BAD.... Quinn is stab more then once but ofc he comes back just to kill Henries mother.... that was an awfull plot right there....
    To be fair, Sunny had been shot with a crossbow twice and blown up... They aren't really going for realism in this show.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair, Sunny had been shot with a crossbow twice and blown up... They aren't really going for realism in this show.
    Thats my point - people like you complained about the "bad" fights in iron fist while I personally found them more enjoyable then this crazy "no matter how often you stab me I come back to kill your girl"-worst-plot-of-all-time....

It was the tumor! It was a magical reviving tumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The ending has me pretty worried.

Reminds me a lot of the end of the first season of Revolution. The show went from being a cool post apocalyptic United States show the first season to a magical self aware nano robots show in the second season.
    I was thinking the exact same thing!Let's hope next season will save it.

I always thought it was spelled Asra, but I guess I've never seen it written down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats my point - people like you complained about the "bad" fights in iron fist while I personally found them more enjoyable then this crazy "no matter how often you stab me I come back to kill your girl"-worst-plot-of-all-time....
    Eh, least the fights in this were well choreographed. It's clear people spent more than five mintures planning them out and the people involved have at least a little training in the martial arts.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Eh, least the fights in this were well choreographed. It's clear people spent more than five mintures planning them out and the people involved have at least a little training in the martial arts.
    And YET they are FAR from being realistic at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they weren't trying to be.

I think the current obsession with gritty/realistic fights is really rather dull. Especially when you're dealing with characters like Danny Rand, who are meant to be near super human in their abilities.

It's fine if you want to have everyone scrabbling around on the floor and throwing wide elbows at each other... But in a show that is meant to be a Martial Arts drama like Into The Badlands, that's never going to fly. Especially when you have a lead like Daniel Wu, who is an exceptional Martial Artist.

I completely understand and respect that opinion. The one caveat is that IF/Marvel has these super people doing super people things, so you can understand Luke just tanking shit, Dan punching heads off or doing fist things when needed, but then the choreography in and around all of that was what most of us were more critical of.

Into the Badlands doesn't mince its absurdity at all, it's just out there and we love them for it.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side, Quinn got an absolutely BRUTAL final fight. Seriously, he went out like a fucking champion.
    Absolutely. After Sunny snuck up and one shotted Quinn in the S1 finale, it was a major, major major huge let down, cuz we all want to see these titans go at it. We never want to see a big bad ass just shot in the back of the head with an arrow while doing Kata in the garden. So Quinn pumped with adrenaline to protect "his" son, was absorbing a ton of damage. Same with Sunny, explosion after getting shot with a couple arrows, he was going to save his son. Both guys powered up, we got the final fight we all wanted.

It really did give a big "holy shit" when Quinn was run through and then kept on fighting like a boss. Unlike Taye Diggs...

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

that was way too bloody.. whiles i do gawk in admiration of the choreography and the fighting, it is also quite distasteful - i mean what do yo uexpect when people are going at each other with swords and macehtes intent on killing.. still...incredibly violent.

ending was incredibly dramatic.. as usual, such people cannot find a happy ending, such is the life, but i think they write these things that way for intentional dramatic effect.. and whiles it was all plausible, it was too much.

Now i'm really interested to see what Azra really is , i guess there will be a season 3, but season 2 wasn't as good as season 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Both guys powered up, we got the final fight we all wanted.
    Indeed, these two are probably the two most feared people in the Badlands, with the exception of probably The Widow. We all knew their showdown was going to be insane and BOY they really lived up to the hype.

Is this a complaint?
    Didn't the 2nd episode from the first season tell how far from realistic it was going to be when Sunny goes against dozens of dudes with hand-axes?
    If not, the last episode form the first season should have clued you in when Sunny goes against those three monks.

We got some good "wire-fu" going on here. And the choreography is gorgeous.

Set up your DVRs, season 3 starts tomorrow!

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Set up your DVRs, season 3 starts tomorrow!
    Awwwwww yeah! Can't freakin wait!

Great starting episode, especially the Widow fight at the start. I somewhat feel that it really jumped around a LOT in the beginning part of the episode, almost too much for me. But interesting that all the people are ending up on sides already. On a somewhat silly note, how did the girls get into MK's locked cell then have it still be locked when the Widow came?

15+ Year Old Account
    This show seems awesome?
    Do you suggest it to a sci-fi freak?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This show seems awesome?
    Do you suggest it to a sci-fi freak?
    It's not sci-fi, so I'm not sure, but it is amazing. The story is wonderful, the acting is quite good generally, and the fight scene choreography is the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, not exactly sci-fi, more of a fantasy-type series where martial arts is very much the rule.
    However it isn't anything like a martial arts movie that some here may be familiar with...(that's where the fantasy comes in. With a healthy bit of the "Old West" for flavor)

I liked Tilde's old design way better as a regent/butterfly.

I'd like the fights to get a little bit away from the wire-fu. This first episode in the new season leaned wayyyy too heavily on it IMO. Hoping it gets back down to reality a little bit. I'm ok with some of it, but not with everything.