Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] How do you usually watch TV?

I'd like to know how people here usually watch US TV shows. For example, live on a TV, or DVR, or streaming services, like Hulu, or online digital stores, like the iTunes store or Amazon, or torrents? Also, are you in the US or not?

I've also been looking at various options to getting TV shows right after they air in the US. It seems that online digital store such as Amazon or the Windows store usually upload episodes the day after, which is much later than when torrents are uploaded? Does anyone know any other legal way of getting shows right after they air as quickly as torrents are uploaded?
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2015-09-28 at 04:24 PM.

Live most often than not, although I DVR the season in case I have last minute stuff to do. I only occasionally dabble in Netflix and Amazon Prime.

edit: While I do not torrent, for reasons related to my profession, I doubt you will get too many people openly talking about something their ISP might hit them with DMCA notices for.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2015-09-28 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    I use Netflix for series and movies. Viaplay for sports (NHL, UFC and CL and PL football). Crunchyroll for animes.

Quick reminder to everyone. You are not allowed to post links and stuff to illegal sites.

combination of Hulu and netflix. I.. might get Starz streaming temporarily for the Ash vs the evil dead. maybe. haven't decided yet.

I don't actualy have a TV service in part due to having no interest in sports etc coverage and in part thanks to using Hulu to stream the TV shows I'm interested in, pretty much since it was first introduced - before they added paid subscription even. hell at one point after getting rid of our ancient TV we went years without getting a new one (and still wouldn't have had one if not for giving into to the lure of the Naughty Dog games)

then again... I don't mind waiting until next day to watch a show, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I only have a 27 inch Samsung monitor so when I stream stuff it is on that I have it connected to my pc and my ps4 so I stream through one of those. I have a commercial free HULU account, Netflix, Amazon Prime though I don't watch anything on it, and VUDU

TV? Like oldschool TV Shows on static times etc.? I do not watch TV anymore since some years, i only watch netflix and such kind of networks. And streaming in general. News i get from the internet. there is only crap on the oldschool TV channels anyway, so.

U.S: Watch netflix exclusively, no t.v service.

Used to do a combination of Hulu and Netflix. It got old though and got tired of hulu's BS so I went back to cable. DVR everything now, rarely watch anything live. At the very least I get 20 minutes of buffer so I can ff through commercials

I only use streaming services like netflix

have had my TV and PC connected ever since HDMI became the standard

Deleted
    eu: torrents, torrents all the way for us and uk shows. nothing good on local tv.

How long does it usually take, from the time of airing, for episodes to be put on Hulu or Netflix?

I DVR a few things, other things I wait for Netflix to release a season, and a couple of others I... find ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    How long does it usually take, from the time of airing, for episodes to be put on Hulu or Netflix?
    Netflix? Long time. Hulu it depends on the show, either one day or one month. That's if they can even get the show. And some you need a cable log in for,like what's the point? And some, for some stupid reason, are web only so you can't watch it through an app.

Deleted
    streaming site

free and always online minutes after the show has aired, I have no need for a TV, haven't had one for many years

10+ Year Old Account
    Torrent, BBC Iplayer website of 4 On Demand website.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    streaming site
    http://putlocker.is/ <-Free, no signup or restrictions, streamed on the web so no risk of your isp pooping on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    http://putlocker.is/ <-Free, no signup or restrictions, streamed on the web so no risk of your isp pooping on you.
    thanks buddy but I already got a really good site :P

and I haven't been visited by the FBI so far, been using it for years now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I'd like to know how people here usually watch US TV shows. For example, live on a TV, or DVR, or streaming services, like Hulu, or online digital stores, like the iTunes store or Amazon, or torrents? Also, are you in the US or not?

I've also been looking at various options to getting TV shows right after they air in the US. It seems that online digital store such as Amazon or the Windows store usually upload episodes the day after, which is much later than when torrents are uploaded? Does anyone know any other legal way of getting shows right after they air as quickly as torrents are uploaded?
    im not in the us and all legal streaming services dosnt work here, so "not so legal" streaming services and torents are my choice, yarr! (technicaly its only illegal to upload pirated content here in my 3rd world country, but still...)

Netflix and occasionally DVD. I have Amazon Prime too.

Most often on my laptop, tablet or desktop. We have TVs but I don't have cable or any kind of antenna to receive over the air broadcasts. All TVs are connected to either streaming devices (Roku/Chromecast) or an HTPC.

A combination of Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll (for anime), and Amazon Instant... I have access to most things I'd watch :P I don't watch TV anyway. I had DirecTV in the past, and... I only watched like... 5 channels out of a bajillion. Seemed pointless to keep paying for it when I rarely watched it anyway.