Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I don't know of any places where you can legally download, but if you are subscribed to crunchyroll then i don't really see the harm in downloading.
    I have these "Horrible" friends that DL subs from crunchyroll then put them on raws and let me "borrow" the final product after wards with no money exchanging hands.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    I have these "Horrible" friends that DL subs from crunchyroll then put them on raws and let me "borrow" the final product after wards with no money exchanging hands.
    While i don't think crunchyroll is a bad thing, in fact i think it's definitely a positive for the anime industry, I'd also much rather just download stuff and then support the few specific shows i really enjoyed more directly, than the tiny amount they would get from me subscribing to crunchyroll. I'm not too sure about how exactly crunchyroll works, but i doubt it's anywhere as good for the original creators as importing dvd/manga/figures would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    While i don't think crunchyroll is a bad thing, in fact i think it's definitely a positive for the anime industry, I'd also much rather just download stuff and then support the few specific shows i really enjoyed more directly, than the tiny amount they would get from me subscribing to crunchyroll. I'm not too sure about how exactly crunchyroll works, but i doubt it's anywhere as good for the original creators as importing dvd/manga/figures would be.
    It would seem you completely missed what I was saying. Horrible Subs is a fansub group.

Unlimited storage Microsoft OneDrive

I buy'em, because I have a collector's personality. I haven't got them on a hard drive yet, but we have a Plex server and it's my intention to put what I own on there at some point soon.

I've been buying a lot less since more and more is available for streaming online, but the shows I've really enjoyed I do still intend to purchase... because I'd really like for them to continue subbing and dubbing for me and it's something I can occasionally afford to do at this point in my life. (I read Manga online, and try to buy licensed books of the stuff I particularly like, but it's hard - stuff gets licensed here and not released, or released with an absolutely appalling translation or image quality; in those cases, I've no problem reading what's unavailable to me through scanlation groups)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently have 293GB of anime and cartoons on a HDD with loads more on CD or DVD that used to be on the PC. Generally once I watch something it gets put on DVD like I did with the Inuyasha series but there are exceptions like if I only have part of a series or just the movie.

Lately though I have been watching series and downloading it if possible, then I start reading the manga. Just finished watching Sekirei and I am reading the manga online. Last week I re-read Claymore after a binge watching session, the week before that it was Kampfer.

I do intend to buy most of what I download when it is available on DVD for a decent (to me) price, until then I will carry on downloading and reading online.

I now stream my anime through Crunchyroll, Funimation, etc. I still have tons of anime from years back when sites like Animesuki were my main source for fansubs. I will download every now and then stuff that is not getting streamed. I also buy tons of physical dvd/blue ray anime of series I like.

It would seem you completely missed what I was saying. Horrible Subs is a fansub group.
    I am very well aware of that, as i pointed out earlier in the thread with " As for downloading, I just use a private tracker for shows that have ended, and the usual site that rips from crunchyroll for airing shows". I just thought i'd give my opinion about crunchyroll as while i don't subscribe to them, i do think it's a good thing to support the industry in some way. But i can see how you misunderstood my post, as it wasn't really a reply to yours.

I stream them or have physical hard copies.
    Last edited by bestellen; 2016-01-29 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I have 2 HDs. a 1 TB and I recently bought a 5 TB which is only like 10% full.

I don't bother with 1080p unless it's an anime that I really like. 90% of my collection is in 720p, and it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some places that you can legally DL anime series.
    Honestly, not to be a jackass, but there is a big difference between watching something 720 and 1080p full hd, specially if you have a decent monitor.

So much to the point that watching some 720p stuff is annoying for me nowadays. I'll watch it but still, if I can, I'll always opt for 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Honestly, not to be a jackass, but there is a big difference between watching something 720 and 1080p full hd, specially if you have a decent monitor.

So much to the point that watching some 720p stuff is annoying for me nowadays. I'll watch it but still, if I can, I'll always opt for 1080p.
    With movies I'll agree with that but with anime most of it is only produced in 720p so any 1080p of those will simply be upscales which current TVs monitors will do anyway so you aren't getting anything from a 1080p in those cases. Before blindly downloading a 1080p TV show or anime you should first check to see if it was ever made in those resolutions or if they are simply just upscales in which case you are just wasting space without getting any better picture from it.

With movies I'll agree with that but with anime most of it is only produced in 720p so any 1080p of those will simply be upscales which current TVs monitors will do anyway so you aren't getting anything from a 1080p in those cases. Before blindly downloading a 1080p TV show or anime you should first check to see if it was ever made in those resolutions or if they are simply just upscales in which case you are just wasting space without getting any better picture from it.
    You're assuming I haven't done that already.
    If you want I can provide pictures that'll clearly show you the difference between 720 and 1080p.

Not that I think it's needed but still..

With internet speeds what they are these days I don't feel the need to store anything. Same with steam, I dl the games I'm playing at the time, then uninstall if I beat the game or move on to something else for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I gave up on storage a while ago.. my list is not very impressive, i actually have seen lists 3x + bigger, but mine will do i guess...

according to myanimelist (i try to keep it as current as possible), i have seen ~3,300 Anime episodes, which equates to roughly ~54 days or ~1300 hours of Anime non stop.

doesn't include Anime movies or Hentai, so I guess adding an extra 4-6 days wouldn't be too far off.

in terms of storage, I was just mostly doing it so that I would have high quality sources for my AMVs --- stopped doing those a while ago -- i stopped at approx 3TB, which is not much considering each episode was 500-800 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You're assuming I haven't done that already.
    If you want I can provide pictures that'll clearly show you the difference between 720 and 1080p.

Not that I think it's needed but still..
    I agree that if something is produced originally as 1080p then it will look better than 720p especially if you watch on a 50"+ screen but very few anime are actually produced as 720p and are simply just upscales. I made the assumption you hadn't checked cus your post made it sound like you dont DL any 720p cus 1080p always looks better which would be wrong. My bad if I assumed wrong and you know that most anime is only produced in 720p and that the 1080p versions are just upscales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I gave up on storage a while ago.. my list is not very impressive, i actually have seen lists 3x + bigger, but mine will do i guess...

according to myanimelist (i try to keep it as current as possible), i have seen ~3,300 Anime episodes, which equates to roughly ~54 days or ~1300 hours of Anime non stop.

doesn't include Anime movies or Hentai, so I guess adding an extra 4-6 days wouldn't be too far off.

in terms of storage, I was just mostly doing it so that I would have high quality sources for my AMVs --- stopped doing those a while ago -- i stopped at approx 3TB, which is not much considering each episode was 500-800 MB.
    While I may not store everything I DL I would still rather DL to watch than to stream since I have yet to see a stream source that looks great. Take netflix it looks like total shit to me compared to the TV/bluray/DVD rips of the same shows/movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kissanime.com/

has EVERY anime you can think of. dubed and subed versions including movies. real nice playback

I stream about half of mine off Crunchyroll, but resort to downloading old shows and anything produced by (no)FUNimation. Only have to DL 0-3 a season, and those are watched on VLC. Mostly use nyaa.eu and/or bakabt.com for my actual downloads, as both sites have a huge collection from multiple sub groups. The only shows I've been able to purchase so far are the first Lyrical Nanoha movie and 3rd Madoka movie. I generally only keep my favorites around, and cycle through anything else I'm watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its buyable on disc i'll do that and not download, but for the really, really new stuff i will watch via download and buy the hardcopys if/when they ever make it to released in the uk. Though, in some cases that doesnt happen because we dont get a whole lot over here and even then alot dont even get bluray releases. In the nobluray cases, Clannad for example, i dont feel the slightest bit of guilt for downloading and storing in HD. Though in this case i do actually have the DVDs.

CR and the like can bite me, been collecting hardcopy anime for 10ish years now and the geek in me wont accept digital as a replacement.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually dont download or buy them because i honestly have no fucking idea where to buy them in my city and its much easier to just Watch them online