10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to Guild Week!

Welcome to Guild Week!

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on September 28, 2015

Beginning on Tuesday, September 29, Rubi Bayer will be hosting a series of livestreams to give you plenty of in-depth information about the guild features you’ll have access to in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™! Join Rubi, her special developer guests, and our preshow and postshow community streamers at noon (UTC-7) each day on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel for the following programming lineup.

Tuesday, September 29
    • Guild Initiative Headquarters
    • Expeditions
    • Guild main panel
    • New guild mission panel
    • Guild mission changes
    • PvP missions
    • WvW missions

Wednesday, September 30
    • The Lost Precipice guild hall
    • Resource management
    • Building upgrades in your guild hall

Thursday, October 1
    • The scribe crafting discipline
    • Assembling guild items
    • Decorating your guild hall
    • Arenas

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...to-guild-week/
    Valar morghulis

3 days of this? ArenaNet really needs to tighten up their schedule, because damn if I'm not close to the point of not caring about their new announcements. This whole slow drip to drag everything out as long as possible is silly : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    3 days of this? ArenaNet really needs to tighten up their schedule, because damn if I'm not close to the point of not caring about their new announcements. This whole slow drip to drag everything out as long as possible is silly : /
    30% of the content in those streams is spent on game shows and cooking shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Agreed, and Anet's attempt to make their reveals look big (By streaming over the period of a few days) falls flat when you look at how much is actually being revealed over the livestreams. Yes, it is silly.

I hope they aren't going to reveal the new guild stuff in the order listed; common sense says you save the best for last. You don't start off a stream showing off the fancy new guild headquarters and then go on to talk about a boring guild UI overhaul in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder, today's twitch stream begins a little over an hour from this post
    Valar morghulis

Dulfy with the live-stream notes from Guild Week Day 1...

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/29/gw2-guil...estream-notes/

Deleted
    guild halls sound cute. Too bad it will most likely suck people out of the 'outer world' but at least it won't be as isolated as the Garrisons in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Dulfy with the live-stream notes from Guild Week Day 1...

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/29/gw2-guil...estream-notes/
    Wow. I'm so used to half-assing guild missions at this point that those seem like a lot to take in. Fun but damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    guild halls sound cute. Too bad it will most likely suck people out of the 'outer world' but at least it won't be as isolated as the Garrisons in WoW.
    I think guild halls will only pull people from open world until they actually have their guild halls built. You're right that don't seem nearly as bad as garrisons, at least there is a social aspect to them.

Dulfy with day two live-stream notes...

Lost Precipice Guild Hall is spectacular. Hopefully my main guild chooses that one (and I'm guessing they will).

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/gw2-guil...estream-notes/

Here's GW2 Guild Week Day Three Livestream Notes from Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/01/gw2-guil...estream-notes/

Those scribe backpacks looks pretty good (the first three I like a lot).

The guild arenas look like they'll be fun. Too bad it will take on average two months for that to be unlocked by a guild.

Having a medicine cabinet or typewriter strapped to one's back as an 'adventurer' seems kinda stupid to me.

These designs. Goodness gracious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, only the third one on top right looks decent IMO and more realistic.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Having a medicine cabinet or typewriter strapped to one's back as an 'adventurer' seems kinda stupid to me.

hipsters rejoice

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god i will be able to create my guildmarm from monhun4!
    The guild mission system requiring wvw stuff is kinda shitty imo, i play in attuned, a pretty well known pve guild, sadly we are all from different servers :/, and i dont have that many people to do raiding with considering that most people i dungeoneer with tend to play on DnT
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I doubt I'd use any of them, but the only ones that really seem dumb to me are typewriter (printing press?) and clipboards.

1 or 3 is probably about it, and if you have 3 unlocked I can't see using 1.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the ridiculous backpacks. Immersion breaking means nothing to me as long as its in small doses, I like to see the out there looks that people come up with. I remember when the Zephyte Rucksack was "meta" (fashion trend) in WvW. 20v20 GvG matches where everyone had those huge things strapped to their backs...

Tell us how you feel about the final cooking backpack :P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.