Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Not just the USA. Almost all the western nation's national guidelines favor high carbohydrate diets. The only exception I know of is Sweden, which changed fairly recently after reviewing a great number of studies on the subject. Hopefully this starts making others reconsider as well. I, for one, am hard at work at converting people to LCHF/Paleo diets, especially the few diabetics I know.

That was just an internet rumour that is not true. Our national guidelines does not promote a high fat diet. If I'm wrong, please give me a link to these guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Can you explain how the cultures that eat the most fruit and the most starches are the cultures with the lowest rates of diabetes(Asian cultures)?
    How do you explain that the more and more meat we've eaten throughout history, heart diseases and diabetes have increased?
    Why do vegans, that eat lost and lost of carbs and fruit, have less diabetes than non-vegans, if meat and fat is so good for us?

There are bad carbs and there are good carbs. Period.
    Telling the population that a high carb diet is good, is bad if the population can't tell what is a good carb and a bad carb.
    We don't know how the population is preparing their carbs.
    Actually, Asians are like 60% more likely to develop diabetes compared to the average American or Hispanic. Historically, those with a rice-heavy diet were peasants, whose work in the fields balanced it. In addition, they often couldn't eat their fill, so that limited their carb intake to a reasonable level. Nowadays, with our sedentary lifestyles and abundance of food, problems arise.

Heart disease and diabetes are a fairly recent phenomenon, in the rates we see today at least. They, along with obesity rates, started increasing from the early-mid-20th century, as our rate of sugar consumption increased. Not meat, not fat. In fact, we used butter a whole lot more in the past, when heart disease and diabetes weren't really things and everyone lived on farms. If anything, animal fat consumption dropped while obesity, diabetes and heart disease climbed. The rates also continued to climb as fat got demonized over the past 30-40 years. I don't know where you see our consumption of meat causing diabetes and heart disease, especially when we have a diabetic right here that got taken off his meds on a high fat, low carb diet. Which implies a fair amount of meat, or vegetable protein sources, and fat.

Vegans don't just gorge on fruits. They generally calculate what their body needs and meet those needs with carbs that can manage to be both filling, nutritious, and not calorie-dense. Most vegans are more aware about their health, and so don't go above the calories they need, and often tend to be more active than the average population. They also tend to avoid saturating their diets with starches. As such, their rate of obesity, diabetes and heart disease is lower. Not because they eat loads of carbs, or because of an absence of meat/fat, but because they lead an healthier lifestyle in general.

Clearly, the nutritional guidelines simply do not work with the population at large, as is evidence by the real epidemic of diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Of course, a High Carb, Low Fat approach can work when done right, but no one has cared to teach the general population how to do it right, if it can be done at all. Low carbs is absolutely superior to weight loss, an important factor in both heart disease and diabetes, and should be encouraged as it, quite frankly, just works better than the alternatives for the average person. Once a person has a healthy weight, carbs can be reintroduced with no real issues so long as calorie intake doesn't get too high.

That was just an internet rumour that is not true. Our national guidelines does not promote a high fat diet. If I'm wrong, please give me a link to these guidelines.
    Seems like it was just a rumor that exploded into news articles. My bad. Still seems like it was acknowledged as having potential benefits, so we're getting somewhere.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Can you explain how the cultures that eat the most fruit and the most starches are the cultures with the lowest rates of diabetes(Asian cultures)?
    How do you explain that the more and more meat we've eaten throughout history, heart diseases and diabetes have increased?
    Why do vegans, that eat lost and lost of carbs and fruit, have less diabetes than non-vegans, if meat and fat is so good for us?

There are bad carbs and there are good carbs. Period.
    Telling the population that a high carb diet is good, is bad if the population can't tell what is a good carb and a bad carb.
    We don't know how the population is preparing their carbs.
    You have to look at the economic statuss of many of these cultures. In countries were food is not a luxury, they dont eat for pleasure. They eat to survive. What meager foods they do eat, is quickly used for energy because of the heavy amounts of physical work they must do just to survive.

Carbs should be consumed in moderation. But most western nations are eating upwards of a 1000 grams of carbs a day. It used to be that Bread was actually somewhat of a rare thing since it had to be made by scratch. You might have a biscuit for breakfast and MAYBE a sandwich for lunch, if you were lucky. Now we have bread in our foods, for snacks, as a main course. We eat it as a appetizer.

And Vegans who eat a lot of carbs , their diabetes will not be well controlled. They might have a Aic in the 6-7 range, but that is not healthy. The ADA needs to re-do their guidlines on whats ok for a Diabetics A1c. I had a doctor tell me that 7.0 was good for a diabetic. So it was ok if i Ate some bread, brown rice and lots of Carbs from veggies, beans and fruit. I thought for years I was doing good. But I was tired, I was sick and I was in pain.

Now on a LCHF diet I am not in pain, I am not tired and I do not feel sick. Many many other Diabetics who are on this diet and make it a lifestyle are the same. I wont say it Cures type 2 diabetes, But I will say its in "remission"
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2015-09-29 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of my healthier habits is that when i pick my nose I also eat the contents. Now while some, or many, may look upon this and be disgusted, I find it to be quite good. See by putting the dirty gross oogey-boogies into my body I am helping boost my immune system against germs. I haven't been sick in the past 10 years thanks to this.

Deleted
    Real Alchemists, Taoists back in time thought that every cereals was the devil... Life is " water ", cooking is based on fire, so that won't end well.

If your meal is composed with at least 95%+ of Greens and fruits you won't need to drink " water " at all... I don't even drink one liter per month, since the beginning of 2014.

Cured severe asthma in one month, now i am going to beat a stage 4 nasal polyposis. Next on the list is myopia, then Aging.

Health is all about how you shouldn't poison your self in the first place... don't eat cooked, meat, cereal, dairy product, refined salt and sugar. Simply.

You get a cancer, then that's because your lifestyle is shit... you don't own your body, if you try to cheat the Cosmologic, you will be judged for heresy.

Dystemper : Put one pyramid between the set square and the G, then one obelisk between the G and the compass, read from bottom to top and Voilà, Le secret egyptian crucible of the humankind.

I cook from scratch to eat healthier and reduce stress by ignoring stupid people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I walk/run alot. Like yesterday I walked slightly over 20km (my feet weren't happy with me after tho). Usually run 15 minutes or something a day, like today.
    Most important is sticking to a diet. Food can taste wonderful, but it's important not to eat more than you need. Cook your own food ^^ Junkfood is bad. I have to admit, sometimes I get terrible cravings for sugary stuff, like icecream, chocolate and so on.
    I took up baking as a hobby and now find store bought Junk food (besides chips) inedible. Baking was a mistake since I rarely ate sweets before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Real Alchemists, Taoists back in time thought that every cereals was the devil... Life is " water ", cooking is based on fire, so that won't end well.

If your meal is composed with at least 95%+ of Greens and fruits you won't need to drink " water " at all... I don't even drink one liter per month, since the beginning of 2014.

Cured severe asthma in one month, now i am going to beat a stage 4 nasal polyposis. Next on the list is myopia, then Aging.

Health is all about how you shouldn't poison your self in the first place... don't eat cooked, meat, cereal, dairy product, refined salt and sugar. Simply.

You get a cancer, then that's because your lifestyle is shit... you don't own your body, if you try to cheat the Cosmologic, you will be judged for heresy.

Dystemper : Put one pyramid between the set square and the G, then one obelisk between the G and the compass, read from bottom to top and Voilà, Le secret egyptian crucible of the humankind.
    Is this real life ?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I workout 5-7 days a week. Always done in a fasted state.
    I eat a huge lunch and a huge dinner. Plenty of carbs but they are either naturally occurring or they are from whole grain sources. Usually 0.8g of protein per pound of body weight. I don't count fats but usually eat lean so it has yet to be a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Is this real life ?
    It costs nothing to try some simple protocols. Have fun.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking food doesn't poison it.

Yeah, because genetics and external factors don't exist.

Deleted
    I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm...I brush my teeth daily and shower every other day. I seriously can't think of any "healthy" habits I do. I try to eat healthier, go to bed earlier, exercise, but I fall off track after a couple days. The motivation just isn't there for me. I'm starting to drink more water daily but that's a work in progress. MFW I realize I'm unhealthy as fuck.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe