Thread: TMW for Monks?

TMW for Monks?

Hello everyone, I just got into playing the monk class. And after watching a couple of "guide videos" such as Preachgamings' video. I was wondering, how to configure my TMW to be like preachs AddOn. I do not have the best experience doing AddOn configuration, or macros and such. So I thought that maybe there was some lizard wizards out there, that would help me out!

Link to the video by Preach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inhgyann7bE

Sorry, I dont know much about TMW. I'll highly recommend the addon called WeakAura 2 instead, it's highly customizable and this forum is full with already finished weakauras.

mmo-champion.com/threads/1478510-Monk-WeakAuras-All-Specs

and this site also have plenty of WeakAura's, mainly BrewMaster though.

sunniersartofwar.com/brewmaster/weak-auras/

TellMeWhen is pretty easy to set up, so I'd say give it a shot on your own (no one was born knowing how to configure WoW addons). For most of the icons, you'll be doing something like:

1. Create a new icon group, or find an existing one.
    2. Right click one of the icons. Select Spell Cooldown as the Icon Type.
    3. Enter the name of the Spell you want to track in the box in the upper-left.

...and you've got a functional cooldown icon. You can do further tweaking from there (only show when in combat, show timers, tweak transparency when usable/unusable, flash notifications when ready, etc.). By selecting different icon types, you can track buffs, debuffs, and much more. If you have specific questions on how to make a certain icon, feel free to ask here. It's easier to provide answers when the questions are specific.

If you really have no desire to set up the addon yourself, follow Nicklas' advice and get WeakAuras.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2015-09-28 at 09:02 PM.

Yeah, TMW is pretty easy. I'd say watch a video from Google to get started on the basics. Once you have learnt the basics of an initial setup, you can use that knowledge to continuely evolve and build upon it.