Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Eh...I think it's more complicated than that. Obama made the typical politician mistake of overpromising and underdelivering. However his approval numbers are actually quite high for a 2nd term president.

I think there is a lot of fatigue about the wars, the dragging economy, and the endless political bickering. It's caused a lot of people to turn off and declare both sides are awful and they are sitting it all out. Not too long ago I made a thread about voting and a really shocking number of people came to chime in that they weren't voting because it was a waste of time and it just simply didn't matter what was on the ballots it was all rigged and awful and they just can't even.
    i would vote for sanders but i don't think he is even going to get the nomination. if hillary gets it i admit i'll probably just stay home. she is an awful compromise for me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

There's been a lot of talk about gerrymandering, and while it's a real thing and I've seen both Demoncrats and Republicans do it in my state, and I've seen both Democrats and Republicans whine about the other party doing it....

How does that explain the gubernatorial divide?

The easier answer is, there are heavier concentrations of democrats. They tend to pack together. Metropolitan areas heavily lean left. Less densely populated Suburban and rural areas tend to lean right. That means as long as this trend continues, there will be more Republican Governors and Senators as Democrats continue to emigrate to metropolitan areas.

The House isn't affected as much by this, and I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see this swing freely back and forth every 'x' number of years/decades. The main goal of the political class is to keep the country divided as close to 50-50 as possible so both sides can be controlled easier via a 'common enemy'.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if hillary gets it i admit i'll probably just stay home. she is an awful compromise for me.
    There is SOOOOOOOOO much more on the ballot than just presidential elections. I'd strongly recommend you look at the sample ballot before deciding to stay home. /soapbox

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i would vote for sanders but i don't think he is even going to get the nomination. if hillary gets it i admit i'll probably just stay home. she is an awful compromise for me.
    There are several parallels between Sanders '16 and Obama '08.

The problem for both is that gridlock is a feature of the US Constitution. Their supporters are bound to be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Democrats are even more divided than republicans
    There's no evidence to suggest this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There's no evidence to suggest this is the case.
    Have you ever watched a democrat rally?, it is the most disorganized jumbled mess of far out radicals ever. You have the blacklivesmatter people, next to the pro abortion people, next to the green peace hippies, next to peta, next to the raise minimum wagers, then come the pro amnesty dreamers and whoever else who decides to show up. They are chanting different things and screaming over the top of each other. The only thing these groups have in common is they are all complaining about something, otherwise their paths would probably never cross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good time to post videos about politics from people that talk mostly about video games. No seriously, the Extra Credit guys are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The3rdCatalyst View Post

Is the national popularity of the Republican party because of emotional manipulation from corporate interest or is it actual Republican success/Democrat failure?
    Because their ideals fail over and over again.

People aren't as stupid as they once were. With the advent of the internet the liberal media can't lie to the american people anymore. The facts present themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HotDude View Post

People aren't as stupid as they once were. With the advent of the internet the liberal media can't lie to the american people anymore. The facts present themselves.
    I'm sure your favorite internet sites are less biased...sure...of course they are...

Quote Originally Posted by HotDude View Post

Where should we go to get these facts that the liberal media is hiding?