Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Minority Report

This is a brand new show...it kinda looks awesome... what you guys think of it?

It's absolutely terrible. I suffered through the first episode. Tried the second episode halfway through but couldn't make it. The concept is cool but the acting is terrible and some of the CGI is cringeworthy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Dasffion on this one. Horrible. The first episode was awful, the second just as bad. The movie was good and this just didn't translate good at all to the small box.

The whole dance thing she did while investigating the crime scene was so bad i wish i could un watch it.

This is a series that NEEDS to be canceled.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled, loads of terrible shows that went on for several seasons, this is one of the better of such so, the plot line of being a pre-cog is cool I think, watching the movie, you kinda do wanna follow on through the story of what happened to them.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I noticed there were two versions, the first one I watched I liked, the second one, seemed worse.. in the first one Dash does not contact his brother Arthur at all, and they realize it's not the dad but his daughter that's planning the assassination attempt with the pidgeons and they stop her just in time, in a kinda cool way without any blood shed... the second version, seemed a lot more violent, involves the two people being killed and Dash needs his brother too, whom you also meet in the second version and it seems rather un-necessarily violent..this is supposed to be the future..

anyway, I cna't see how this is that bad compared to a lot worse that's still going, and it's entertaining to follow the story through, or mabyed i'm just too bored.

I think you're just too bored. The plot is mildly interesting but the acting and writing is terrible. I can't think of any show that has gone on for multiple seasons that is as bad as this. At least none that I watch. I'm usually very tolerant of this sort of thing too.

Really the writers and directors should have watched continuum. They have a similar device to the eye piece but it's so much better done,without dancing around the room, or wild hand gestures

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It's absolutely terrible. I suffered through the first episode. Tried the second episode halfway through but couldn't make it. The concept is cool but the acting is terrible and some of the CGI is cringeworthy.
    Gonna have to agree with this. I wasn't even aware it was a TV Show until the other night when roomate was watching it. Sometimes I'm slightly interested in the new shows they find, but this one I just couldn't get into and kept finding myself turning back to my computer screen to do something else.

I can't exactly figure it out, but nothing stuck and made me want to keep watching it further.

Deleted
    A children's show. Watched two episodes. A complete waste of time.

it wasn't that bad... okay, there weren't that many white people in the main cast, which is usually not a very good sign for shows, i mean the lead is female and black, the co-lead though male and white, you get her detective partner latino, teh computer geek who's chinese, it's very politically correct

maybe not as grand as the movie, but i don't see how this is so much worse than a lot of other shows, , i enjoyed the original version of the pilot more than the revised version... but i must say, the critics completely agree with you, as does the viewer rating

itw as very low at 3.1 million, and critics scored it roughly 3/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I enjoyed the first episode, but I noticed there were two versions, the first one I watched I liked, the second one, seemed worse..
    yes there are. One is the pilot that "leaked" and the other one is the pilot that aired where they changed the ending heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes there are. One is the pilot that "leaked" and the other one is the pilot that aired where they changed the ending heavily.
    ah.. that explains it, that's very..unlike Fox, I saw the leaked version first I guess, and I thought it was better.. what did you think? or have you not seen both? I mean surely we don't have to have blood and guts for the sake of it -- oh pause, draamtic effect

do you remember The Fixer? towards the final scene of the mini series, the female agent knows the refinery chief operating manager guys wife has been kidnapped and she's freed him, but she doesn't lead with that at all when she confronts him to try and persuade him to reverse the virus, instead she waits till the very last moment to reveal that his wife and kid are safe which finally breaks him.. i'm like .. i hate that, cos that's the first thing any one with sense would lead with but I was wondering why she didn't say it, and it hit, purely for dramatic effect... so un-necessary, i hate that, and i hate when they just make scenes violent un-necessarily, there is so much of it in shows, in fact you stand out more in these kinda shows when you don't have that.. hence the first version was better for me.

Didn't expect much after the trailer, but I'm done with this after the first episode.
    The trend of turning decent-good films of the 90s-early 00s into TV shows is a total miss at the moment.

Ratings suck, pretty much a sure bet for cancellation. Might even be the first show of the year cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Ratings suck, pretty much a sure bet for cancellation. Might even be the first show of the year cancelled.
    watched last night's episode.. meh,.. a bit disappointing. I'm tired of shows that see drama plots a mile off, like Dash and the police captain who is obviously going to find out...

and then ofc the vision of them being back in the milk tank, which is obviously made to look like the police girl is going to enslave them, and obviously going to turn out that they get back in there willingly to try and stop some catastrophe, but it would look to them right now that they're gonna ose their freedom.. it is a bit lame and predictable.

still the concept for the show is very good, and being based off minority report could be a huge plus if it was written better. still the cast are hot, so at least there is that. They should have gone for the lighter approach, with a few scary moments, not the deep dark plot approach.

Looks like this is likely to be put out of our misery soon http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mi...ed-soon-38581/

It is unofficially cancelled, but this signals that is indeed cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It is unofficially cancelled, but this signals that is indeed cancelled.
    Pretty much, when they cut down your first 13 episodes its pretty much a death knell.

shame, it could have been so much better... it's the execution, the lines that aren't good, take the re-done episdoe 1, that was a lot worse and darker than the original 1.

i liked this episode today, Agatha was cold, it had a bit more spunk, a bit more drama too, this love thing with Dash - my impressions are it's a normal cop show but with a sci-fi setting of future earth and special power of pre-cog - - the sad thing is most of the sci-fi crowd dont want normal

if you can carry off "normal" like Sense8 does, then you have to make it more real, but then it is set in Minority Report's future, you have to use that better, and not make it feel too ordinary or too cheap, Minority Report's future earth seemed a rather special place, that's not reproduced as much in the show.

There is a larger over-arching plot ofc - i would have hated if it was again classic talented people on the run, because they want to be exploited or are feared,glad they didn't go there, but they needed to be less ordinary - - why not have the 3 dominating as masterminds almost batman style but instead of just one person Bruce Wayne, it's 3, and they ahve a specail power, but they're also wealthy and use their talents well, one can be a play boy, he's a good guy, just a bit of a party boy - Oliver Queen style, the other is the earnest modest type, sort of like Peter from Heroes, and the 3rd Agatha, she's the calculating over-protective one but with vulnerabilities.

You'd have that set up, but not a DC comics universe whihc is way too dark, a lighter touch is needed, maybe more Marvel - but then, why am I saying more marvel, minority report the movie set the tone for that universe, draw from wahtever parallel you need and make it work. Add tele-kinesis to the pre-cognitive, teleportation and mind projection - give each of the pre-cog's one special ability - make them more valuable to those wanting them, make the US governemnt really try to protect them, and partly control them, and which provides an interesting inter play between the trio's evading their good intentioned former captors so they can have their freedom, versus stopping far more malevolent reserchers/companies, foreign governments from apprhending them, not to mention the plots they uncover which woudl be the bread and butter of each episdoes.

The plots will have to be bigger than small time murder crime's, but we should have a few of those too, for lighter episodes - whether it's fending off secret governement organisations or companies or a secret global agenda, - in fact since this is the future, why have it secret? that's something these shows rarely do.. the "so secret" organizations are right out in the open, and have support to, that introducies another interesting play, giving in freedoms for security because of fear, and showing both sides, a world where part of the globe accepted this, but not all, certain countries, like the U.S did not, and now there is pressure groups and political parties that have supporters who what that police state in the U.S now that pre-cog is gone, to drive down crime, but the ruling governement is for freedom, even though it means a bit more ork for law enforcements - you know philosophical differences.

This show could do a hell of alot more. And while i did like the episode, why be run of the mill when you can be extraordinary?

most of these shows are rubbish.. Arrow, Flash, MARVEL the list goes on, this is as bad or as good as any.

once you get over that.. you'll actually like it.

- - - Updated - - -

In the end, I really liked minority report, shitty start, but it got tolerable and then likeable bordering on loveable. As for good, I didn't say that, but it's no worse than any others out there