Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BRM Legion weapon

I think it would be really cool and fitting if brewmasters in legion would use a sort of 2H barrel as a legendary weapon!

Not to derail before this thread has even started, but I've always wanted that big ass totem from the various expansion's cinematics. The one the tauren is using. Just swinging it around like it's no big deal.

And yes, a barrel or keg definitely would suit the brewmaster aesthetically.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think it would be sweet to have a duel wielding kind of thing with a staff and a barrel. Kind of like Chen in HotS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brew Master Monk - Likely a Pole Arm
    Mist Weaver Monk - A staff (as we know)
    Wind Walker Monk - Fist Weapons or Swords (likely duel wielding) [My money is on those Lightning style swords that one of the master's has in the Monk zone.

Those are my thoughts anyway. You gotta remember that there are expansions after this one so the artifact weapon will have to be classified as a weapon type. (Not sure what a Keg would fall under in this circumstance)
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    Wind Walker Monk - Fist Weapons or Swords (likely duel wielding) [My money is on those Lightning style swords that one of the master's has in the Monk zone.

Those are my thoughts anyway. You gotta remember that there are expansions after this one so the artifact weapon will have to be classified as a weapon type. (Not sure what a Keg would fall under in this circumstance)
    Would just have an 'Off-Hand' designation? Or mace :P

I'd love to see a barrel included either as an off hand, as part of the model for a 2hander or just slung on my characters back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the Keg and Staff.

Demon hunters will get their unique weapon class so I'm sure blizzard have a plan to handle that in future expansions. Even ranged weapons have become a class specific weapon

Deleted
    id really like to see the staff/keg combo but they'd have to make the new models available to use them and every race would look pretty much them same in this case. I think we are gonna get a generic staff/polearm relating to Niuzao or some brewmaster ala Chen.

I would think that would be the go to for them. have a use: on it to give out mugs of ale too.

Deleted
    So you'll be carrying the keg on your back like with that Brewfest toy? :P Sounds lovely though.

7+ Year Old Account
    if it wont be a staff+keg combo i will be dissapointed , to say the least

From my perfect dream world it'd be Chen's staff and Keg. In reality we're probably looking at some sort of Polearm blessed by Niuzao or something. It doesn't need to be fancy with a laser light show coming out of it like most other classes though, because part of the monk's charm is that don't have fire exploding everywhere most of the time.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

7+ Year Old Account
    i want to have a chens staff with keg an we can switch to dualwield when we put the keg in the offhand

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post

I totally agree.

I'd even say it's a given that they'll go with fist weapons for MW since their signature attack is punching and they actually fixed it so that fist weapons show up on your character now when they are attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I totally agree.

I'd even say it's a given that they'll go with fist weapons for MW since their signature attack is punching and they actually fixed it so that fist weapons show up on your character now when they are attacking.
    The MW artifact has already been confirmed to be a staff. Sheilun, Staff of the Mists http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#artifacts.

I'd love to see perma-fist weapons for the WW artifact though, but more on topic, if the BRM artifact isn't a giant keg and staff I'll probably cry, as will my monk. I mean how can a BREWmaster monk get properly drunk if he doesn't have a keg on him? Silly blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    The MW artifact has already been confirmed to be a staff. Sheilun, Staff of the Mists http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#artifacts.

I'd love to see perma-fist weapons for the WW artifact though, but more on topic, if the BRM artifact isn't a giant keg and staff I'll probably cry, as will my monk. I mean how can a BREWmaster monk get properly drunk if he doesn't have a keg on him? Silly blizz
    The reason I'm thinking it'll be a polearm is that I don't see any other class where a polearm really stands out other than monks.

Meanwhile a keg and staff would be neat but they already have that as a toy, so I just don't see it as the item that really shines.

Kinda wondering how they'll do it too, I mean clearly a BWM weapon will need to involve the Stormstouts in some fashion. I'm thinking a visit to their brewery again where we get it from some locked room or some such - provided Blizzard can be arsed to come up with a unique environment.

For MW their influence is the Emperor, WW don't really have that. Well, unless they go with the Monkey King, in which case we're probably getting his staff but that just seems a bit cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chzo View Post
    I think it would be really cool and fitting if brewmasters in legion would use a sort of 2H barrel as a legendary weapon!
    Yea, i can see most ability animations not working properly or fitting that... So i'd say no.

As someone said above, Taurens yielding massive totems would work, but that's a racial thing, not class specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The reason I'm thinking it'll be a polearm is that I don't see any other class where a polearm really stands out other than monks.
    I think surv hunters will get a polearm

Quote Originally Posted by Chzo View Post
    I think surv hunters will get a polearm
    They do in the form of a spear, which they can also use as a javelin to pull enemies in.

the type of polearm for a brewmaster though would be more akin to the halberd, bearded long axes, pikes and those chinese glaives like the one used by Guan Yu from Dyanasty Warriors.

So specifically I'm expecting one of those given that it keeps in the Brewmaster motiff.

So things like this:

I'd love to see a lance. I used to think lances were horrible weapons till I saw this on the game of thrones.

Warning! Spoilers and gore.