Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    You'd be better off if all America was judged by those locations instead of the South and the Bible Belt.
    Both are bad, but it was easier to say San Francisco because it so OBVIOUSLY bad and fits the one city requirement. Without turning this into a political thread, I would say the best place for a foreigner to judge America on is my own home state of Ohio. Its like a mini America, we have the industrial north, the agricultural south, and don't really swing one way or the other politically. We aren't the free-loving hippies of California, but neither are we the ignorant religious wackos of the bible-belt (at least not as a whole, we definitely have both.) As long as the recreational marijuana bill doesn't pass, feel free to judge on us!

Of all the countries I've been to, America is the one where you would be worst served in judging it by visiting one city. The country is extremely disparate on ethics, religion, technology etc. It's a big place with a lot of variation. (as you can probably tell if you've ever visited the interwebs)

I feel like some of the smaller countries you could judge somewhat accurately by visiting one city, but not the larger ones.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2015-09-30 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Been to Paris... it only reinforced the feeling that the French are inferior and deserve all the ridicule they receive. I've never been to a more rude and contempt place. Normandy was pretty cool and windy. Berlin was awesome... lots of great beer and music. Ieper was so quaint and friendly I wish I could have stayed longer... maybe retire there. Amsterdam was exciting and fun but I've heard they've since closed the red light district. London was cool and they did speak English... not as well as the Belgiums but I could make out a few phrases... and the Ronnie Scott's Club was an absolute gem.

All in all my take away was Europe is a cool place with lots of History... and the French are rightly despised by everyone. On my next trip I plan to check out Ireland, Scotland, Iceland... any suggestions of where I should stop?
    Yeah ! Tell me more about how French are inferior!
    Where are you from?
    I ear those things about French since a long time. Also I experienced myself. Tourists coming here ovorlooking us on their high horses... What kind of attitude do you expect ? GTFO
    I can make shortcuts and judge a whole nation after their tourists in Paris. For exemple americans! They are completely strangers to the concept of a queue. Like 18 people waiting but Dick and Barbara want their ice cream right now! because you know, french are inferior, and 'Murica is da best country in the world !! We owe them so much we should suck their asses when they come to France.
    Paris is a tourist hub. You dont meet French in Paris, you meet tourists and all the scammers and beggars attracted by tourists. Maybe thats why the place is so rude...
    But Paris still attracts more tourists every year. Almost as much as London, but in a city multiple time smaller. So stay away from France, the rest of the world is waiting for a shitty and overpriced hotel room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I would HATE IT if people judged America by San Fransisco, or California in general.
    Haha no ofcourse not.

We use Detroid for that

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I would HATE IT if people judged America by San Fransisco, or California in general.
    Mine would by Florida LOL

30 30 30 30

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post
    This is funny, because my sister just went to Paris last year, and they also visited Normandy. They did not necessarily like France as a whole, but they LOVED Normandy.
    It's funny. The French in Paris seemed to treat people from other countries with suspicion and distrust, don't give them the benefit of the doubt, and pre-judge them before they get to know them...just like the Americans...