Thread: [TV] Quantico

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Quantico

This premiered on Sunday, it was pretty damn racey, loved it, it's like a much better version of Covert Affairs [okay, it's nothing like it, usually more Federal agent shows you just meh at, but this one's piqued my interest.

Another thoroughly engaging episode, I completely forgot I was exhausted and 42 mins flew by the wind, definitely one of the brightest shows to start so far this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it just grey's anatomy but with FBI instead of doctors?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    that's so unfair, are you saying that cos the lead is female? it's so much more than grey's anatomy - grey's is more like a soap medical drama, this reminds me more of shows like Homeland meets vampire diaries meets - but mainly because the main cast our our age and hot. - meets blacklist

it has a very good plot so far, nice fitting action, mystery, eye candy, thriller-esque

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    that's so unfair, are you saying that cos the lead is female? it's so much more than grey's anatomy
    i was asking a question cause of the synopsis; made it sound similar.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten to watch it all (my partner has) because I have raid at the time it shows, but the only thing I have to nitpick from what I saw this recent episode is he called her back by calling an "unknown number".

YOU CAN'T CALL AN UNKNOWN NUMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I haven't gotten to watch it all (my partner has) because I have raid at the time it shows, but the only thing I have to nitpick from what I saw this recent episode is he called her back by calling an "unknown number".

YOU CAN'T CALL AN UNKNOWN NUMBER!
    you caught that too didn't you.. haha.

It could be that he has a burn number for her saved as unknown, but yeah, that really stood out. Still it's a very entertaining trhiller adventure show to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

i was asking a question cause of the synopsis; made it sound similar.
    ah, my bad. It's not like GA at all, it's nice, you'll like it.

A new procedural?

that's so unfair, are you saying that cos the lead is female? it's so much more than grey's anatomy - grey's is more like a soap medical drama, this reminds me more of shows like Homeland meets vampire diaries meets - but mainly because the main cast our our age and hot. - meets blacklist

it has a very good plot so far, nice fitting action, mystery, eye candy, thriller-esque
    From how they advertise it, it sounds like the premise is 'the FBI has a really terrible background checking system in place, and somehow recruits an actual terrorist,' which sounds pretty ridiculous. It would be great if for once they didn't portray FBI agents as unrealistically attractive people who constantly engage in field actions. They are pretty much accountants with guns, so it would be more realistic to have them reading through financial records for about 90% of the show.

They should make a show like Grey's Anatomy, but make one of the characters a serial killer, and don't tell the audience who it is. You could have the killer attempting to murder patients after they spend time getting to know the patient and making them sympathetic. Perhaps it could come down to a question each episode of whether the killer would succeed at killing the patient of the week.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Wind it back SJW... he wasn't saying anything, he was enquiring. panties rebunched please.

I've been enjoying it thus far, I feel they will keep throwing us false leads and by the end of the season itll be a case of 'it could've been ANY one really' and theyll twist to something 'unpredictable'

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Wind it back SJW... he wasn't saying anything, he was enquiring. panties rebunched please.

I've been enjoying it thus far, I feel they will keep throwing us false leads and by the end of the season itll be a case of 'it could've been ANY one really' and theyll twist to something 'unpredictable'
    yes, I realized SHE was enquiring, it does seem like an over reaction.. i hate making errors like that..grrr.. she has my apology though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    From how they advertise it, it sounds like the premise is 'the FBI has a really terrible background checking system in place, and somehow recruits an actual terrorist,' which sounds pretty ridiculous. It would be great if for once they didn't portray FBI agents as unrealistically attractive people who constantly engage in field actions. They are pretty much accountants with guns, so it would be more realistic to have them reading through financial records for about 90% of the show.

don't spoil it for newbies, but ... fortunately, living in England, I never saw the advertisement so didn't have my impression tainted by what it appears to suggest. when you watch it though, it is well done, the FBI don't come off as incompetent as much as the students come off as particularly very good. It's not another "oh Federal agents know everything" kinda show, they're competent but also vulnerable and have to guard against such vulnerabilities as best as possible and should they fatally fail, then act to redress asap.

Deleted
    This show has some of the least believable characters in the history of TV shows, the girl in the lead being the worst offender. In fact, all this show seems to be is a bunch of pretty girls and pretty boys thrown together, with the mandatory token minorities, and then calling it "FBI". If this is what the actual FBI is like, then the US is in some deep doodoo. Oh yeah, and Grayson from Cougar Town. I kept waiting for Courteney Cox to run in with a huge wine glass.

Watched two episodes. Definitely no need to watch any more.

I enjoyed yesterdays episode, just finished watching it. Aside from them being all cute, i like the twist it's kinda like crime, meets soap opera, meets spy.

I am a little bit annoyed that it is going rather slowly.. we know Alex didn't do it, but the other pieces are taking too long to fall into place, maybe I should wait till the season finishes then chain watch.

At the moment, i think Grayson did it. And i'm loving the character Simon Asher, I don't even think he is gay at all, I'm not sure if the actor is jewish in real life, because if he isn't, then possibly the character was in the gaza strip because he is palestinian and everything else is a lie.

that's another nice thing about the show, you don't know what information to trust or believe, every time you think someone is in the clear, something about them is revealed to throw suspicion, I like that, not in a too heavy way, the only one actually you can trust, is Alex herself, all the cards are out in the open for her, but the story revolves around her being framed, at least the first season, or the first half of the first season, .

Another reason apart from pretty faces I like about it, and the guessing games, is that it's take is rather refreshing for an FBI show, sure it's not the only manhunt show about, but usually you're part of the all legit team, chasing down bad guys, this centres around a dirty FBI team, well someone in it, and well when I see that actor who plays the boss in a tv show, he is always the bad guy.. i mean like every show i've seen him in, he's played the bad guy, The Tomorrow People, Supernatural, and one other show he showed up in, he was the bad guy

Cringe-inducing trash. The writing and acting is awfully bad, but the worse is the utterly insufferable characters. And Simon is the most annoying character in TV history, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Cringe-inducing trash. The writing and acting is awfully bad, but the worse is the utterly insufferable characters. And Simon is the most annoying character in TV history, ever.
    i'm more interested to see why Simon is so shady, in fact he seems to be so good at it he convinces everyone that he was actually expelled genuinely whiles working under cover and actually earning an early graduation.

The only thing unblieveable about the show is how good everyone is, Alex is A**, but the other two guys, are both working for higher ups, the twins is the pet project of the black assistant director.. there is something truly remarkable about the whole class, and I know they mention that every episode that it is an unusaully gifted class, it's still a little too gifted.

still i like it, I look forward to finding out what happens next, it keeps me watching, and not every show does that with me able to enjoy it.

I just knew it.. Asher's the terrorist, it seems almost clear from the penultimate episode ... I have no idea how it could be anyone else now, but it's easy for a show to present things to seem what they are not.. saying that -- it makes absolutely no sense for Israeli Jewish agents to want to commit a terrorist act against America, they're normally the ones looking out for the U.S... and the reasoning behind Asher's annoyance with the FBI and his class over his hero turning out to be a bad guy and then his classmates bollocking him for turning her in - that seems very very weak as a cause for him to flip or go ahead with his original terrorist aspirations - which means it's easy very bad writing or it is someone else. I do consider though that we havne't been shown his true motives for joining the FBI in the first place, we just know about his trauma back in Gaza as we discover the whole [spoiler] gay thing [/spoier] was a fake, choosing the least suspicious auspice I mean surely no one would suspect a gay man to be anti-U.S. the mecca and birthplace of gay rights movement and the modern gay religion ... which plays in nicely they could convince us how Asher was never with us or on our side in the first place and what we witnessed was him giving us a chance, and us failing the test in his eyes.

What do you think.. oh I did not see Alex giving herself in coming, I was convinced that was the whole show. ( i.e. Alex on the run trying to clear her name and working with a group of friends in the FBI while she was hunted ,, but i guess they had to turn her back into the fold as it became increasingly obvious she wasn't actually guilty or would they pull a Reckless on us. Did you ever watch Reckless? it only lasted one season, but we all thought one thing that turned out not to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

I just knew it.. Asher's the terrorist, it seems almost clear from the penultimate episode ... I have no idea how it could be anyone else now, but it's easy for a show to present things to seem what they are not.. saying that -- it makes absolutely no sense for Israeli Jewish agents to want to commit a terrorist act against America, they're normally the ones looking out for the U.S... and the reasoning behind Asher's annoyance with the FBI and his class over his hero turning out to be a bad guy and then his classmates bollocking him for turning her in - that seems very very weak as a cause for him to flip or go ahead with his original terrorist aspirations - which means it's easy very bad writing or it is someone else. I do consider though that we havne't been shown his true motives for joining the FBI in the first place, we just know about his trauma back in Gaza as we discover the whole gay thing was a fake, choosing the least suspicious auspice I mean surely no one would suspect a gay man to be anti-U.S. the mecca and birthplace of gay rights movement and the modern gay religion ... which plays in nicely they could convince us how Asher was never with us or on our side in the first place and what we witnessed was him giving us a chance, and us failing the test in his eyes.

What do you think.. oh I did not see Alex giving herself in coming, I was convinced that was the whole show. ( i.e. Alex on the run trying to clear her name and working with a group of friends in the FBI while she was hunted ,, but i guess they had to turn her back into the fold as it became increasingly obvious she wasn't actually guilty or would they pull a Reckless on us. Did you ever watch Reckless? it only lasted one season, but we all thought one thing that turned out not to be true.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-11-30 at 03:37 PM.

I just started watching this show, and while I admit it caught my interest because Chopra is pretty hot, I find it to be a quite good show and it is very fun to try and guess who the bomber is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    I just started watching this show, and while I admit it caught my interest because Chopra is pretty hot, I find it to be a quite good show and it is very fun to try and guess who the bomber is.
    it's nicer when you can chain watch quite a few episodes. I really like the trainee scenes a lot, but i'm a bit sick of the "who's the bomber" merry go round at this stage, I think the first 10 episodes should have solved that and moved on to next phase

saying that Sunday's episode was really touching, the jewish guy is one of my fave characters.

Well, I'm only at episode 4.

wow, they are all so pretty, last night's episode, out in the snow with Caleb & Liam - i counted 5 of them blue-eyed, gorgeous including the terrorist, I wonder if this show sells sex more than anything.

Alex Parish, you gotta admit, she is gorgeous, probably one of the most beautiful actresses I've seen on the screen, and that takes some doing, she's got it all in the looks department, the hair, those brown eyes, the curves, and it all seems natural, not fake like some of the babes you see with big boobs, like the blood girl in The Magicians, Quentin's girlfriend, those look a bit too big for her. And what is with all the shirtless Caleb shots? yes he's good looking, but he has a spoilt child, tantrum angry teenage vibe to him, even though he plays an adult, he could fit right into a teen drama.

Anyway, yes he is quite good looking and quite attractive, as they all are, even the old ones.. is everyone like supposed to be gorgeous. Whether it's their trainers, or the senior staff, it's a pretty party all the way, Caleb's mum, Caleb's dad, Liam, Miranda..grr

Anyway, last episode was another roller coaster, I did not expect it to end like it did at all, I was getting tired of the Alex is crazy routine and no one bleieving her, but they got the Jewish guy in the last episode to believe her, and now one more person joins the list, but the coming next week preview has the guy she loves now promising to hunt her down - iti's too roller coaster it is comign off more trashy/soap opera than a proper crime /secret agent thing - but maybe that's because I'm more towards the older end of the young adult category and/or have kinda seen it all, way too many times.

It was quite dramatic with Miranda and Charlie though, I felt really bad, but I was also struck by how young the terorrist cell was, and ofc pretty.. but when you look at those riots in Gaza and Temple Mount, really much of the violence is coming from teens and young adults - most of those arab mobbers are actually youths, 13, 14, 16, 17 largely, and you look at the IDF soldiers as well, most of htem are quite young. Whiles over here, the young just play violent video games, and get into trouble because they're bored and their lives are too sheltered so they try to recreate the chaos they gorge themselves on from the screeen.

Snarky comments aside, it was one of the better episodes, emmotional charged, I get it, even liked it some, not impressed by it, it's good eye candy, but i won't perv over anyone there - it's not a good thing to do. A bit tired of Alex being wrongly accused, would be nice if they turned this into a regular spy show after they end this.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Bosch, it's much better written, kinda like the opposite of Quantico - feels...real, oh and it's old, not so pretty people (well mostly), pretty much like real life that are involved in a realistic way doing smart things smartly. I'm currently on season 1 episode 4 - the lines are classic "guys like you never stop stepping on their on dicks" - it's so cynical and jaded, but I like Bosch, he's blunt, upfront, honest in a smart way, he doesn't kid himself - i like the character. I like that in episode 4 they didn't drag his court case out for dramatic effect like many shows do, and you're like, just stop it - close it off, and write something new, kinda feel that with Quantico, it's coming off too soap opera drama for the sake of drama.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-03-28 at 12:24 PM.