Question A list of the " very dangerous " spells/techniques opponents have and cast/use ?

Hi,

I don't have time to play many classes, but I know some things are to be " watched " in the fights because they mostly announce a " burst " or something very lethal. Still, I lack much knowledge of some specific classes.

Then, I'd like to configure MSBT addon so that it simply pops an announce when a focus or target pops something I might not have seen coming out, a chaos bolt, an ascendance, an avatar ... Most of the time, we can " see " things, that Ret popping wings in example, but sometimes I'm focused on something else, like bursting myself and don't see that this guy popped some big CD that'll hurt pretty much.

Is there an addon (not gladiatorlossa because it has to be " heard ") that does this, or could we, if it doesn't exist, list some very lethal techniques on the way, or some preceding a burst of damage.

Paladin :
    Holy Avenger
    Avenging Wrath

Thanks in advance !

10+ Year Old Account
    Omnibar. When stuff goes on cd you know its been popped. You can configure it to only have the major cd's if you really want. Its defaulted to just interrupts (as it was originally a take on interrupt bar) but you can add any cd you want to it.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it !

7+ Year Old Account
    There's another addon I forget the name but I got it in a pvp package download from curse... (I know I'm so helpful)

But it would have this lady announce cooldowns as they've been used around you. So you'd know when someone was bursting or blocking (it just tracked the major CDs or CC breakers/Defensives) Was very useful.

I don't pvp anymore but I still keep the addon because it's nice to know when someone was about to go off while questing. I'd be in a cave somewhere and hear "Holy Avenger" from the lady and then know it was time to leave.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

^GladiatorLossa

Wow, it's kind of shocking an addon like that is even allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Agreed. Some addons ruin the balance of PvP.

If it was default blizz ui telling u this stuff that's fine, but basically as big an advantage of wall hacka to tell u when every spell is on/off cd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trevoroxx View Post
    Agreed. Some addons ruin the balance of PvP.

If it was default blizz ui telling u this stuff that's fine, but basically as big an advantage of wall hacka to tell u when every spell is on/off cd
    Most offensive CDs are visually easy to notice. Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath, Recklessnes, Ascendance, you name it, are usually easy to spot if you keep an eye on the battlefield. There are some exceptions (i.e. rogue's Shadow Dance). Overall I wouldn't call these announcer addons unfair. And I don't even use them myself.
    That being said, I think addons generally should have no place in PvP. They are like stabilizers when riding a bike or bumpers when bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Prandoff View Post
    Most offensive CDs are visually easy to notice. Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath, Recklessnes, Ascendance, you name it, are usually easy to spot if you keep an eye on the battlefield. There are some exceptions (i.e. rogue's Shadow Dance). Overall I wouldn't call these announcer addons unfair. And I don't even use them myself.
    That being said, I think addons generally should have no place in PvP. They are like stabilizers when riding a bike or bumpers when bowling.
    In arena, I guess the visual effect is more easily noticeable than in an RBG context. As a healer, I'm busy watching bars. Some will tell me that those who see the " big CD popped " should alert, but it doesn't happen. Still, for those who know what to visually spot, could we " list " that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It is in many ways no different to a boss mod, and blizzard actively support the use of those.
    Functionality-wise they do a lot similar, reading the combat log and giving you an announcement/timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prandoff View Post
    Rather narrow minded viewpoint really, when addons are a lot more than just tracking.
    Addons exist because blizzard realised their UI was not one-size-fits-all.
    How it presents information is in my view somewhat poor in many cases, and addons can be used to improve that.
    Letting you see for example auras which matter, and with less or even no emphasis on those which don't.

No minor task, and it wont be universally acceptable but I feel that the default UI is due a major overhaul.
    Trying to put in place more of that "filtering" of useful information.
    Making auras on unitframes easier to differentiate, and to gauge durations of, etc.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-10-07 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    In arena, I guess the visual effect is more easily noticeable than in an RBG context. As a healer, I'm busy watching bars. Some will tell me that those who see the " big CD popped " should alert, but it doesn't happen. Still, for those who know what to visually spot, could we " list " that ?
    Do you have the HP bars portrayed above the players? But I get your point. I haven't played in quite a while now, so this list certainly won't be definite. ^^ Anyway...

Paladin:
    • Holy Avenger (wavering orange glow, immersing Paladin in a circle)
    • Avenging Wrath (bright yellow wings on the Paladin's back)
      Usually combined.

Warrior:
    • Recklessnes (red flares swirling around the Warrior)
    • Avatar (increase in size, as well as decrease in color)
    • Bladestorm (the Warrior whirls around like a Beyblade)
    • Bloodbath (I can't remember. Barely ever used in PvP)

Rogue:
    • Shadow Dance (?)
    • Killing Spree (Rogue turns dark and starts teleporting around, in case his target moves)
    • ... (Im sure I've missed something)

Druid:
    • Incarnation (Armored form of the druid's current form. Tree for restos)
    • Berserker (Spray of green "something" emitted from the feral's head upon activation)
    • Heart of the Wild (Allows resto druids to temporarily do same damage. Don't know the animation)

Shaman:
    • Ascendance (Transforms into elemental ascendant)
    • Heroism/Bloodlust (Entire team grows in size)

Death Knight:
    • Pillar of Frost (Frost only, not sure on the animation)
    • Summon Gargoyle (Unholy only, very self explanatory)
    • Transformation (Unholy, in combination with the PvP setbonus gives quite a dmg boost. Noticeable when the Ghoul turns into a monstrosity)
    • Breath of Sindragosa (No "burst" CD itself, but usually used when doing so. Big dragon's head spewing black/white flames above the DK)

Mage:
    • Arcane Power (Orb of electricity appears in the arcane mage's chest)
    • Frozen Orb (Used as part of frost's burst rotation)
    • Prismatic Crystal (Huge crystal appears out of nowhere)

Warlock:
    • I suppose they must have something... But I don't know what it is.

Monk:
    • Tigereye Brew (White swirly lines encircle them. Some barely noticeable bubbles, too!)
    • Serenity (Can't remember. Most likely something with azure coloration)

Priest:
    • Shadow Orbs (you can roughly see their amount; more orbs = potentially more damage)

Hunter:
    • I don't know the names of their abilities. Sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Rather narrow minded viewpoint really, when addons are a lot more than just tracking.
    Addons exist because blizzard realised their UI was not one-size-fits-all.
    How it presents information is in my view somewhat poor in many cases, and addons can be used to improve that.
    Letting you see for example auras which matter, and with less or even no emphasis on those which don't.

No minor task, and it wont be universally acceptable but I feel that the default UI is due a major overhaul.
    Trying to put in place more of that "filtering" of useful information.
    Making auras on unitframes easier to differentiate, and to gauge durations of, etc.
    Oh yeah, the default UI is really lacking. Not as bad as a few years ago, but still. What I think is that addons should, like you said, make it easier to focus on the game--not take features from the game (like DRs or enemy interrupt CDs) out of it.
    I understand the need for addons but I think the vast majority of those required to play higher rated arena alter the way the game is played too much.
    Last edited by mmoca4f38a7e7f; 2015-10-07 at 07:10 AM.