Deleted

Labyronia 2 Shameless copyright violation

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Evren View Post
    What copyright does it violate?

I'd like to know as well.

unless blizz copyrighted the general shape of frostmourne and arthas' shoulder plates, i don't see anything illegal there.

Deleted
    FYI: Two people who've never heard of one another on other sides of the world, who've never seen eachother's work could come up with the same idea at the same time or years apart from one another and they've done so before.

That or this guy was inspired by it.

I'll admit it looks very similar, but who's to say the Lich King shoulder pad was originally from Blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    unless blizz copyrighted the general shape of frostmourne and arthas' shoulder plates, i don't see anything illegal there.
    http://newmediarights.org/guide/lega...copyrightable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    FYI: Two people who've never heard of one another on other sides of the world, who've never seen eachother's work could come up with the same idea at the same time or years apart from one another and they've done so before.

That or this guy was inspired by it.

I'll admit it looks very similar, but who's to say the Lich King shoulder pad was originally from Blizzard?

Forstmourne: Check
    Spaulders: Check
    Grey Hair: Check
    Northrend: Check

Too similar for my taste if you ask me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountains with snow on top have never before existed.

Nor have swords, shoulders, cloaks, or skeletons/undead.

Hell, watch the video of the actual game, it's an RPGMaker 16 bit RPG. This is a cover image that slightly bears a similar resemblance to just about every undead wielding a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://newmediarights.org/guide/lega...copyrightable?

- - - Updated - - -

Forstmourne: Check
    Spaulders: Check
    Grey Hair: Check
    Northrend: Check

Too similar for my taste if you ask me...
    Iconic Helmet that is easily as recognizable as Frostmourne: Forgot to pack.

Rixis nailed the rest of your list.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Truly, the amount of millions that could be lost or is gained by this trickery and falsity are but unfathomable by us commoners...
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-09-30 at 10:54 AM.

Heh. True story. A long time ago I came across a WIP thread of someone making a Warcraft RPG using RPG Maker. All of the combat sprites were made using the WoW model viewer and the backgrounds were made using screenshots from WoW.

It was a cool idea, but I think the project tanked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Mountains with snow on top have never before existed.

Nor have swords, shoulders, cloaks, or skeletons/undead.

Hell, watch the video of the actual game, it's an RPGMaker 16 bit RPG. This is a cover image that slightly bears a similar resemblance to just about every undead wielding a sword.

So have teddy bears, that didn't stop two confectionery giants in the EU battling over an iconic design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34334776

/moot

10+ Year Old Account
    So have teddy bears, that didn't stop two confectionery giants in the EU battling over an iconic design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34334776

/moot
    They're at least partly arguing about a name though, golden bears that are not golden but are called that vs. a golden bear that is actually golden but is now no longer called that.

I dont think this cover image is problematic. It appears to be a rather generic splash image that has very little to do with the game's actual aesthetics. Generic images contain generic themes and the Skeleton King is definitely a generic fantasy theme since LotR and even before. The shoulder pad design is the only thing that is actually overtly the same as Arthas' design, which I doubt is grounds enough for copyright infringement.

Do you honestly believe Blizzard was the first to come up with that concept?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    You're going to be disappointed if you look at stories and images from the 1980s fantasy books / games and find out that these images have been around for a very, very long time...

Deleted
    That's nothing. I'd even say it's a stretch to call it copyright infringement. THere are games far, faaaar worse. THere's 1 game on Steam that quite blatantly has taken icon art from WoW, just straight up taken it.

The thing is, as long as such things never sell a lot, they're irrelevant. I mean who give's a rats ass about some RPGMaker crap? No-one.

No, I don't this is a copyright violation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance