Invisible Water in WoW

So yesterday I was playing WoW with some friends so I made a Tauren and travelled over to Eversong Woods where they were questing. However, upon arrival I noticed that there was no water in any of the lakes or rivers, etc. (I could still swim in it). Eversong was also VERY dark, I assumed this was because we were playing at night and that this was the night cycle. However, after looking on one of my friends laptops I noticed that they're world was full of light. My sky was also all purple and I could see stars and these weird streaky lines.

The odd thing is is that this issue only occurs on the Tauren I made to play with my friends. All my other characters have no graphical issues. I even made a Blood Elf and went back to the same spot we were questing in and there were no issues. But every time I log in with my Tauren character I made to quest with them I receive this issue. Currently in the Ghostlands the sky appears normal (I assume) the area is dark but I also assume that is correct but there is no water anywhere.

I tried turning down all my settings to low (they were only on fair before) but that didn't help. I updated my drivers for my ancient GT 240 graphics card but that didn't help either. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this issue.

The only thing I've done differently on the character is use Ventrilo and using left Ctrl to talk to them. Is there anyway pressing a combination of Ctrl and another key could make this occur?

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by uyMammoth; 2015-09-30 at 12:08 PM.

Run a repair on wow and see what it finds.

Have you tried changing the DirectX version? Changing from DX 11 to 9 could help (found in System -> Advanced).

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
    Have you tried changing the DirectX version? Changing from DX 11 to 9 could help (found in System -> Advanced).
    Are setting even character specific in WoW? It's been so long since i have played I do not remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
    Indeed I have and the issue was still occurring. I will try what SoulForge suggested after work tonight. If that doesn't work and I don't see any other suggestions by then, I'll consider deleting the character and making a new one.

I just don't understand why it would only be affecting this character...