Mythic Archimonde Comp Advice Wanted!

Hi guys.

It is my first post, but I've been here for a long time just reading other posts. I've got a lot of help from this forum, so thank you guys a lot!

My guild is progressing on mythic archimonde now. We only got to low 40% last reset, so it is highly unlikely we will kill archi this reset.
    I want to know you guys' opinion on boomkin in this fight, especially when it comes to the dog damage in P2.

Our dps comp is 2-3rogue, 1dk, 1ret, 1warr, 1enchance, 2hunters, 2-3mages, 2locks, and 1boomkin.
    The issue here is our boomkin is going to take a month off after this reset. We recruited a 720 boomking this reset, but we yet don't know how well he plays and he only had 6M experience in ex-guild.

What's your opinion on our issue? Am I over thinking the dog in P2? What problem will we run into in P3?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mopfe; 2015-09-30 at 03:38 PM.

sup boss mao!!!!

Dogs are 100% irrelevant to the fight. They are minor nuisances that get healed through during wroughts with cooldowns, and they have 1.5M hp. They should be falling over instantly no matter the setup.

Boomkins are useful for infernals in p3 (ours saved CDs for third wave i.e. first set of four.) As for p2 though, as long as everyone is using a HuD of some kind for wrought chaos dogs are irrelevant (move along line out of dog aoe same as you would move from a line intersection.) Just focus boss / deathcaller and let dogs die to passive cleave.

As long as you have a reliable way to soak allures, burst doomfires, and burst infernals, in general I don't think it is a class sensitive encounter.

Edit. Damn phone converted "doomfires" to "coincides" ...
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

Thanks for the input.

People still get hit by double or triple wrought without the dog, and this is why I was worried about dog damage.
    Maybe they just need more practice then.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the input.

It seems I've over thought the dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    With your comp double or triple wrought won't be caused by it. Instead it will be caused by either a lack of practice or paying attention to the mechanic. The further range are away (a reasonable distance) the easier the melee will have it. Your comp is extremely similar to ours minus the locks and an extra boomkin.

Also Roggen. When I type doomfire in my phone I get "doomfire", "doom fire", "doom fires." How the hell do you get "coincides"...

Deleted
    Your DK should be able to do similar or more dmg to the dogs compared to a boomkin, make sure he is speccing Plague. Infernals for p3 is what you need to optimize around, that is the only brick wall on that fight.