Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if animals had a right to vote?

We pretty much enslave animals and take advantage of them just as people did with other people a while ago, giving them no right, only purpose is to serve the enslaver. Will animals be getting an equality to human rights in the future? Will they be considered human? Will calling them "animal" be as offensive as calling a black human "nigger" today?

I'm not serious.
    im cool pls respodn

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I see. So the unemployed have no rights either?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're confused by the word "because".

I doubt many people would deny that animals have no rights under British law or that they don't have to pay taxes. The contention is whether there is any casual link between those two.

There isn't, if you need clarification on that. Animals don't pay taxes because they don't have incomes. They don't have rights because our societies haven't decided to give them any.
    There are no animal cruelty laws in Britain? In Ohio, USA we have laws which grant them the right not to be treated inhumanely. Not that uncommon to hear stories of people here being arrested for such. If you are not feeding your dog ,cat, horse, cow pig, whatever and they are being cared for by you, you can be prosecuted for it. Also if you are purposely mistreating them. Animals do not have the rights to the extent humans do, but they do share one basic one.

If you really want to get technical about us. None of us have rights either. Why do you think laws and customs were invented? Really what we have are more akin to agreed upon privileges.

10+ Year Old Account
    i 100% agreement that draenei don't have rights. they do not deserve rights.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

But the rich find ways to elude taxes too........ Does she pay taxes?
    And seeing eye dogs are owned and unpaid, it's slavery if we're going to take her perspective. Is that why they don't pay taxes?
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-10-01 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Animals have rights based on what arbitrary rights people give them

Eat tuna.....but only if it was caught without harming dolphins.

Treating cows, pigs, chickens in the most abysmal fashion is okay...but damn you China...for eating dogs, because we like dogs

People are fucking hypocrites ....
    Dear god, people dislike china for HOW THEY KILL THE FREAKING DOGS. Christ. Also they dislike how ANY ANIMAL IS KILLED if it isn't in a human way. I have my own dog but if the Chinese want to eat them fine. Just make their death instant. I also don't support how cows, pigs, chickens and other animals are killed if it isn't a fast death. To the point I have started eating less meat and only from certain places.

Anyways animals need to be protected. Protected from sadistic and cruel people, protected from those who don't know how to treat them properly.