Starsurge or starfall

So after a very long time of farming both normal and heroic archi I finally got the heroic seed of creation. My goodness I was beginning to hate that thing because it refused to drop for me!

Anyway, I was curious about a part of the rotation... Each time I enter lunar I cast a starsurge which normally procs a starfall, by the time I go through lunar that starfall is about to end. Should I cast a starfall right before I leave lunar? It allows starfall to last through the solar side then when I come back into lunar I can cast starsurge and as a result proc another starfall. This would allow a very near 100% uptime on lunar starfalls. Is this correct or am I way off on how I should handle the rotation with seed?

thanks for the advice.

Edit: this of course is when adds are still out or will be before I get back to lunar.
    Last edited by Scrubkin; 2015-09-30 at 10:52 PM.

starsurges proc starfall even if you are in solar. There is also no starfall snapshotting, so it doesn'T matter when you have starfall up... so just keep using starsurge. I don't think i ever hardcast starfall anymore, except the portal trash after socrethar.

The adds don't live long enough to merit u actually casting starfall manually unless they are legit a fresh spawn... even then on that fight i would just take the chance of no proc and surge anyway. Only fights i currently consider manually starfalling is council and manno now but thats just me...
    Last edited by sinso; 2015-10-01 at 04:44 AM.

Just use Starsurge as normal and ignore Starfall for the most part.

Deleted
    Starsurge > Starfall all the way with seed of creation

So on a fight like mythic gorefiend when adds are out and bodies need to be broken out... 3 empowered wraths + a solar starfall is better than a lunar starfall just before entering solar? Lunar starfall is stronger than solar starfall and in that case adds and bodies are pretty much always up to be hit.

I just wanted to clarify with a more specific situation. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubkin View Post
    So on a fight like mythic gorefiend when adds are out and bodies need to be broken out... 3 empowered wraths + a solar starfall is better than a lunar starfall just before entering solar? Lunar starfall is stronger than solar starfall and in that case adds and bodies are pretty much always up to be hit.

I just wanted to clarify with a more specific situation. Thanks again for the help.
    Starfall doesn't snapshot. None of our spells do. Whether you cast it right before or right after entering Solar makes next to no difference in output.

If there are 3+ targets then starfall is a damage increase over SS in solar, with seed you shouldn't have to worry about when your starfall procs

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Starfall doesn't snapshot. None of our spells do. Whether you cast it right before or right after entering Solar makes next to no difference in output.
    Ah yes, someone mentioned snapshotting earlier and I somehow looked over it. Sorry about that, but thanks for the help.

you should though cast it if possible at the entrance of lunar so that its active for most of the lunar phase^^