Warrior Fury - T17H vs T18N

What's up, guys! Broland, here. I've been playing as fury since the WoD's start, but I took a break for 5 months. I'm back since last month.

So, doing the legendary ring quest, I got the t17 4pc heroic. Now I'm raiding HFC Normal with some mates and I want to know if is worth replace t17 heroic for t18 normal (4pc both). I'm saving some extra rolls, just rolling on trinkets and weapons.

Hope u guys help me. I'm new here, so... ^^

Greetings.

T17 all the way, though it depends on the fight. For example T18 can allow you to have recklessness on every single Bladestorm, which on fights like Kormrok, Xhul'horac, Mannoroth and to a lesser extent Archimonde can be very valuable. Depending on your group dps it can also be the same on Iskar, though if your group dps is slow it might line up better with T17.

T17 makes cleaving much nicer and gives you much much stronger burst than T18. but of course T18 gives you recklessness more often. If in doubt though go T17, certainly on single target.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So, both are worth, but it's too situational, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Broland View Post
    So, both are worth, but it's too situational, right?
    Always situational, experiment for yourself. Some fights will favour one or the other, some fights work well with both and some just depends on your raid dps.. Anything that causes important parts of the fight to line up with a normal Anger Management Recklessness will favour T17 because it has much higher burst.

I did a video guide regarding T17 where I'm comparing HC T17 with HC T18 - It might be helpful to you

There are few situations where NT18 beats HT17. I'd only use it for Kormrok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Always situational, experiment for yourself. Some fights will favour one or the other, some fights work well with both and some just depends on your raid dps.. Anything that causes important parts of the fight to line up with a normal Anger Management Recklessness will favour T17 because it has much higher burst.

I did a video guide regarding T17 where I'm comparing HC T17 with HC T18 - It might be helpful to you
    Thank you alot! Specially for your vid. I took my conclusions.

Cya!

Quote Originally Posted by Broland View Post
    Thank you alot! Specially for your vid. I took my conclusions.

Cya!
    Keep in mind that those are absolute stomp farm videos. The kills are extremely short, hugely inflating the value of T17 burst. If your guild is a typical normal/heroic guild, your heroic kills are going to be significantly longer than in that video. In that case, T17 becomes massively less valuable.

On fights with specific burn phases, like Gorefiend/Kilrogg/Velhari, T17 is still very competitive. Otherwise, T18H beats even T17M under most conditions.

Also note that the ring will probably not be used optimally for T17 reck. So despite what people or the sims may say, the increasing power of the legendary ring is not going to make T17 relevant again. Only if your raid will delay the ring for your reck, and especially for your reck execute, will T17 be a relevant choice. That's very unlikely, because:

1. Other classes' cooldowns line up perfectly with the ring used on CD

2. Warrior damage is trash outside of bladestorm or reck execute anyway

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Keep in mind that those are absolute stomp farm videos. The kills are extremely short, hugely inflating the value of T17 burst. If your guild is a typical normal/heroic guild, your heroic kills are going to be significantly longer than in that video. In that case, T17 becomes massively less valuable.

On fights with specific burn phases, like Gorefiend/Kilrogg/Velhari, T17 is still very competitive. Otherwise, T18H beats even T17M under most conditions.

Also note that the ring will probably not be used optimally for T17 reck. So despite what people or the sims may say, the increasing power of the legendary ring is not going to make T17 relevant again. Only if your raid will delay the ring for your reck, and especially for your reck execute, will T17 be a relevant choice. That's very unlikely, because:

1. Other classes' cooldowns line up perfectly with the ring used on CD

2. Warrior damage is trash outside of bladestorm or reck execute anyway
    This was the point of the video, to use stomp farm videos to show just how strong the burst was with T17, to encourage players who were struggling to find dps in baleful gear without setbonuses (so many of these threads pop up on EU Warrior forums weekly) without being aware of how valuable the set bonuses really are. Even in that case though, on longer fights T17 can still be stronger and my T17 HC was simming higher than my T18HC for a long time, it still sims very close on a 4min fight.

And of course as you have mentioned the fights with burn/burst phases really still play well into T17.. It's definitely a tool I think all Fury Warriors should have in their bags, just as T18 is. When coming from 695ilvl Baleful gear though the T17HC is really big dps increase in all situations.

For what it's worth, in those stomp farm videos my overall ilvl was quite low, 706 on Iron Reaver. So we're still in that ballpark gear level of the target audience, give or take.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-10-03 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Also note that the ring will probably not be used optimally for T17 reck. So despite what people or the sims may say, the increasing power of the legendary ring is not going to make T17 relevant again. Only if your raid will delay the ring for your reck, and especially for your reck execute, will T17 be a relevant choice.
    With the class trinkets rage generation + AM its perfectly possible to get t17 to line with ring. Theres a reason people are saying it, its real life practise not a theory. Getting your raid to delay using ring for execute phase its annoying but if they are smart they will realise its very much worth it as long as they don't lose out on additional cool downs, especially if you have multiple warriors. Hunters, shadow priests and warlocks all have lesser execute phases so it shouldn't bother them either.