Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The doors are a little bit too dramatic for me :P. But other than that I wouldn't mind having one.

This the future happening before our very eyes. Wonder how long it will take for self driving roads to spread all over Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This the future happening before our very eyes. Wonder how long it will take for self driving roads to spread all over Europe.
    Self Driving, Electric Cars, driving on solar charging roads. This would be perfection.

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681413/a...verything-else
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Well. Does it fly with those wings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Self Driving, Electric Cars, driving on solar charging roads. This would be perfection.

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681413/a...verything-else
    nonono...Perfection would be we driving our own cars ourself, ones with some sort of tremendeous power source, like same driveline as tessla but with neverending power in abundance, lika a mini mini thorium,fusion etc reactor to continuosly charge it and allowing even greater power output with no regards to effiency and no need to keep stuff down to save on juice :-) That would be driving heaven. If they make one sign me up!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Electrics don't need it to let air in.
    How are they cooling the culmination of heat?

Quote Originally Posted by anntheman View Post
    How are they cooling the culmination of heat?
    Well on the model s with no engine there is a trunk in the front. So if their is air intake its not there.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on the model s with no engine there is a trunk in the front. So if their is air intake its not there.
    well they still need an AC radiator and cooling for it since it still has to cool down the car interior on hot days, and also 7ppl that heat it up, if each let out 100 - 150w of heat we have a continious heat source of 700 - 1050w thats alot of heat ower time.

Quite a pretty car, I love the white color. Those doors opening upwards are quite neat too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    nonono...Perfection would be we driving our own cars ourself, ones with some sort of tremendeous power source, like same driveline as tessla but with neverending power in abundance, lika a mini mini thorium,fusion etc reactor to continuosly charge it and allowing even greater power output with no regards to effiency and no need to keep stuff down to save on juice :-) That would be driving heaven. If they make one sign me up!
    That would be fine, for organized racing, but it really serves no purpose on public roads. I always laugh at friends I have who drop a ton of money into their cars, and never bring them to the track. They just use them as over powered daily drivers. It seems like such a waste.

But even if electric becomes the norm, i'm sure the good ol' mechanical engine will still be preferred in auto sports.

Depends on how they elect to use airflow and proper air ducts.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be fine, for organized racing, but it really serves no purpose on public roads. I always laugh at friends I have who drop a ton of money into their cars, and never bring them to the track. They just use them as over powered daily drivers. It seems like such a waste.

But even if electric becomes the norm, i'm sure the good ol' mechanical engine will still be preferred in auto sports.

You never know when you might get challenged at a redlight, might need to floor it and show them how its done, hance need of power is justified :-)
    But yeah it might be the hobby of theirs, nothing wrong with it^^ still they should go for some track event, really fun stuff once you try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats a given but it still looks like some kinda front you expect an alien come up with.
    I think that's part of the point, to make it distinctive. Plus, the lack of a grille makes it a lot more aerodynamic.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2015-10-01 at 02:28 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You never know when you might get challenged at a redlight, might need to floor it and show them how its done, hance need of power is justified :-)
    But yeah it might be the hobby of theirs, nothing wrong with it^^ still they should go for some track event, really fun stuff once you try.
    Except in that situation an electric will beat any combustion engine.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Well. Does it fly with those wings?
    Pretty sure it's built in Alcubierre drive only does Warp 3.2. Absolute crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree! I also have friends who have spent their fair share of time on the quarter mile. It is awesome to watch them striving to move those few tenths of a second faster all day.

As for the power, these electric cars might not have the roaring sound of a big block. But they sure do accelerate! 0-60 in a few seconds is no joke. Just wait till an AWD electric car comes out

10+ Year Old Account
    well they still need an AC radiator and cooling for it since it still has to cool down the car interior on hot days, and also 7ppl that heat it up, if each let out 100 - 150w of heat we have a continious heat source of 700 - 1050w thats alot of heat ower time.
    I'm sure it has one, but it doesn't need near the amount of cooling that a gasoline engine needs. 1050w of heat from humans is significantly less that the excess heat a gasoline engine creates. So they can easily hide away that radiator somewhere a lot less prominent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Very nice car, but it also looks like it's a very expensive car. I'd totally drop the money on a car like this, but I feel like cars just aren't made like they used to be. Like, in the past you'd see people owning cars well past 180,000 miles and many over 200,000 miles. Nowadays, it just seems like cars aren't built for it and we see more people trading in cars at around six years or 75,000 miles.

I just feel like a car that expensive just isn't worth it because of this.
    Absolutely, cars nowadays are made for people who like to lease. I remember back when I was living in Argentina our bodyguard/driver owned an old Ford Bronco. Which is an extremely rare car because Argentina placed an import ban on U.S. goods ages ago. He had bought the car back in the 60s and it still ran good as new when we lived there in the early 2000s. Where as our Lincoln Navigator lasted 3 years because of a faulty air suspension.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

http://www.caranddriver.com/tesla/model-x

Estimated at $75,000.

They really need to make one that is available to the middle class. $75,000 for a car is still too much.

Currently in New Jersey, I can fill my tank from empty for about $25 at the most.

Car - $16k
    Gas - $25 a week or $1,300 a year.

Over 4 years of owning my car gas would cost me $5,200 + the $16k for the car is a total of $21,200.

They need to make a Tesla that falls into that range price.
    Damn, driving in the states is unbelievably cheap.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    7 seats? Looks like a tight fit.....
    Seats seven people, or four Americans.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-