RJW or Jab as WW

Hi guys,

god damn this threatens me so much that i gave up my monk for a year or such: RJW or Jab (for more ChiEx) when fighting groups of enemies???

I have really low gear (~ 660) and way lower haste, so i am energy starved all the time when using ChiEx. So there is no "just keep RJW running and jab in between". It's more like "ok... wait a few seconds.... wait a few seconds more.... just some more.... NOOOOOW i can do ONE spell.... do i jab or do i RJW".

So, please enlighten me

RJW ONLY if 3+ targets to justify the chi generation, or else, its Jab.

Also check out the sticky thread above for WW monks, it will tell you everything you need to know regarding your rotation.

Hey there,

to give you a more complete answer:
    we kinda gave up on RJW for WoD untill 6.2. Thing is, SCK got a leveling perk making it very strong for burst AoE, whereas RJW got nothing. Yes its more energy efficient and stuff, but first of all, for 3-4 targets cleave xuen was a more efficient way to go with it (xuen and jabbin into ChiEx), whereas for larger amounts of adds, the xpac gave us such strong burst AoE's (6.1 demonology, warriors, enhancement, elementals...) that those kind of large packs of adds lived too little to justify RJW, and it was better to go with Spinning crane kick for shorter bursts AoE's.

However, Hellfire Citadel brings more long drown out AoE fights, and AoE is the priority in those fights (imps on Xhul, Iskar phases). Because of this, we have fights with constant 3+ targets (or at least its true for the phases which matter.) Besides, SCK is way less efficient for 6.2: it doesn't interact at all with our 4pc (which is crazily strong) and getting far less Chi is bad with us running SDI+2part. Because of that, SCK is not an option to dump energy anymore, so the more efficient RJW (takes 4 times less energy to get full benefit of it) came back and is being used in those fights (often in HFA).
    Keep in mind, the only thing keeping us from using Chi Torpedo is its terrible interaction with SEF. Besides, its a very good AoE talent.

I don't think RJW is an excellent way to use your energy outside of that. It has its uses with bad AoE comps/on tectus back in the day, but I'd rather go Xuen if you're at lower ilvl. Xuen, smart use of SCK is, to me, stronger than RJW.
    In fights were you DO use RJW, then its your priority to keep it up. RJW+base energy regen should be plenty enough to keep RSK debuff up and cast FoF on cooldown: once you got that going, rest can go into RJW. This allows you to pool TEB for phases where you'll be spamming RJW and won't have a lot of TEB generation.