Toys ‘R’ Us abuses temporary visa's

http://m.snopes.com/2015/10/01/toys-r-us-jobs/

Toys “R” Us is using a temporary work visa program in order to outsource jobs to foreign workers.
    When Congress designed temporary work visa programs, the idea was to bring in foreigners with specialized, hard-to-find skills who would help American companies grow, creating jobs to expand the economy. Now, though, some companies are bringing in workers on those visas to help move jobs out of the country.
    I no longer want to be a Toy's R Us Kid

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I no longer want to be a Toy's R Us Kid
    Well you know Toys made for Kids MADE BY LITTLE KIDS

Well this didn't work out well when Walt Disney tried it not long ago so it will be interesting to see if TRU backs down from this.

As a technology worker it bothers me to see companies constantly abuse the H1B visa. In most cases this is work that qualified US citizens can perform but the company instead wants to bring in foreign workers who usually are paid less and often are treated pretty poorly (made to work long hours, etc.) because they are essentially held hostage by the visa. That is not the point of these visas.

This happened with Canada's TFW program. A list of applicants ended up published under freedom of information laws and basically fucking everybody was on the list. From fast food joints all the way to the tech sector.

A boycott right before the holiday season won't go over well for the TRU stockholders

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there are more companies besides Toys'r'us abusing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    http://m.snopes.com/2015/10/01/toys-r-us-jobs/

When Congress designed temporary work visa programs, the idea was to bring in foreigners with specialized, hard-to-find skills who would help American companies grow, creating jobs to expand the economy. Now, though, some companies are bringing in workers on those visas to help move jobs out of the country.

in other words, cheap labor, Trump style