Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

2015 European Championship

The European Championship begins today in Prague. Info below scraped from offical sources:

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes
    Prize: $100,000 pool

Format: Ro8 is best of three, semi final and final are best of five.

Match ups
    Group A | Group B
    Na'Vi vs Pirates in Pyjamas | Virtus.Pro vs Gamers2
    Team Liquid vs Bob? | Team Roccat vs Fnatic

Times (all in CEST)

Friday, October 2nd
    All matches are played Best of Three.
    • 12:00 – Groups A & B Matches #1
    • 14:30 – Groups A & B Matches #2
    • 17:00 – Groups A & B Winner's Matches
    • 19:30 – Groups A & B Elimination Matches

Saturday, October 3rd
    All matches are played Best of Three until Semi Finals, where it's Best of Five.
    • 12:00 – Group A Decider Match (Bo3)
    • 14:30 – Group B Decider Match (Bo3)
    • 17:00 – Semi Final #1 (Bo5)
    • 20:30 – Semi Final #2 (Bo5)

Sunday, October 4th
    All matches are Best of Five.
    • 16:00 – Grand Finals
    • 19:30 – Winners' Ceremony and Recap

Rewards for watching
    Those that watch this, or any other regional championship while logged into Twitch with a linked Battle.net account will recieve a special "Storm Watcher" portrait in HotS.
    http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...ion-18-09-2015

There will also be a special sale on the heroes used by the winning team in their final match as well as 1 skin for each of these heroes.

Alternate Language Streams
    German
    French
    Spanish
    Russian
    Polish
    Italian
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-10-04 at 10:10 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Liquid against BoB, this will be good... The same goes for Virtus.Pro against Gamers2.

On the other hand, I think NaVi and Fnatic should be able to win their first series. Roccat isn't bad either, but Fnatic has been playing very well in last few months. PiP seems like a weakest team for now, but they certainly can bring some surprises.

That's what I like about Europe, sure Team Liquid has been the top team for a while now, but the gap is getting smaller every day and all the teams are pretty much equal. Anyone can take it.

Twitch chat omg...

10+ Year Old Account
    BoB is my favorite team.
    But sucks it already started today... Work till 16:30, birthday after from family >.>

ok Na'Vi vs PiP Game 2 on infernal Shrines - awesome ...

Na'Vi winning with own core down to 4% lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    ok Na'Vi vs PiP Game 2 on infernal Shrines - awesome ...

Na'Vi winning with own core down to 4% lol
    Damn it, I knew my lunch break at work would cost me!
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Damn it, I knew my lunch break at work would cost me!
    Maybe you can still catch Team Liquid against BoB (eh, I mean Dignitas). There is over 20 min long disconnect.

EDIT 15:06: Now they are testing something.
    EDIT 15:11: It is up again.

Yeah, back in - I'll try and grab a quick VoD watch later tonight for the games I missed.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I like the fact they decided for a rematch after such long break.

Good decision, no one won't be able to complain about anything. No losing momentum or being able to regain composure excuse.

EDIT: By the way, where are these commentators from? If they knew Team Liquid, they would have known Liquid LOVE to play Vikings and Abathur together. But they talked about about some experience soaking contest or whatever, thinking Dignitas might pick him and then are surprised they ban him instead.

I wonder why Khaldor isn't there. He knows a lot about European scene.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Interesting, I like the fact they decided for a rematch after such long break.

Good decision, no one won't be able to complain about anything. No losing momentum or being able to regain composure excuse.

EDIT: By the way, where are these commentators from? If they knew Team Liquid, they would have known Liquid LOVE to play Vikings and Abathur together. But they talked about about some experience soaking contest or whatever, thinking Dignitas might pick him and then are surprised they ban him instead.

I wonder why Khaldor isn't there. He knows a lot about European scene.
    The one who kind of sound slike Kermit the Frog is Grubby , a popular Twitch Hots player. He's Dutch but does all his streams in English. His streams are known for being more educational and got esports player of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The one who kind of sound slike Kermit the Frog is Grubby , a popular Twitch Hots player. He's Dutch but does all his streams in English. His streams are known for being more educational and got esports player of the year.
    Grubby is okay, but those others did some bad calls.

I am not sure why Khaldor isn't there, he basically comments all European games and know a lot of players personally. I can understand an American guy (SolidJakeGG?) being there for the audience from USA, but Khaldor would be great to give some insight about teams and; team compositions and tactics they use.

You should have seen the Heroes subreddit when they found out Khaldor wasn't going to be there.

Team Liquid vs Pirates... I mean that was just cruel.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    BoB
    So after getting their asses handed to them six years ago by the Goons, BoB has sunk so low as to play puny MOBAs?

Jk different BoB ofcourse. Just had to make that reference. The team name sure sounds like it's a middle-finger to the Goons though. Europeans and their grudges...

I'm really looking forward to the Blizzard tourny. It'll be the first time all three regions go up against each other, each with their own meta game. It'll be chaos!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Blizzard tourny. It'll be the first time all three regions go up against each other, each with their own meta game. It'll be chaos!
    Each region has it's own meta? Explain this to me sir, oh great entity of the Nexus!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    Each region has it's own meta? Explain this to me sir, oh great entity of the Nexus!
    As far as I've understood it, it's not uncommon to see 3x warrior setups in Asia.

And the 2x warrior setups was an EU pro scene thing before it started spreading a few months ago.

As far as I've understood it, it's not uncommon to see 3x warrior setups in Asia.
    What? This I got to see!

They were also the first to start utilizing Tyrael and Arthas again. Asia really has some sideways tactics sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were also the first to start utilizing Tyrael and Arthas again. Asia really has some sideways tactics sometimes.
    Um, maybe the way we see it is 'sideways'?

You should have seen the Heroes subreddit when they found out Khaldor wasn't going to be there.
    Khaldor is my fav caster in all of hots. He seems to know what he is talking about. Blizzard did invite him like they do with press and is treating him as such(I think hes getting a free trip?). Hes going to do a few interviews and such, but it is a shame he will not be casting. I was looking forwards to him, the other casters are way too loud tbh. Grubby is not too bad though.

Im watching the vods rn if anyone missed it. http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes/v/18749114 The Europe times really screwed me over, I did not know that they would be doing stuff today, thought it was tomorrow and Sunday.
    Last edited by apepi; 2015-10-03 at 02:38 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose