Sub Offhand Choice :

Hello everyone, on my Sub Rogue I am using Heroic Warforged 721 Fang of the Pit as my Main Hand, Off Hand I was using Heroic Socketed 715 Hammer of Wicked Infusion with a 75 Multistrike gem in it, last night I picked up Mythic 720 Blackfuse Company Utility Knife from first boss in Mythic HFC, altho this Dagger has higher ilvl than the Hammer I have, but the Haste and the Crit isn't good for Subtlety comparing to a lot of Multistrikes on the Hammer, would it be better to use this Dagger instead of my Hammer? I ran Shadowcraft, with the Hammer OH, I gain 308DPS compare with the 720 Blackfuse Company Utility Knife.

I usually follow Shadowcraft but for this I am a bit paranoid, anyone have any suggestions on which one I should use for my Off-Hand?

720 Mythic Blackfuse Company Utility Knife: 539.44 Damage per second, 82Crit, 139Haste
    or
    715 Heroic Socketed Hammer of Wicked Infusion: 514.42 Damage per second, 87Crit, 123Multistrike + 75Multistrike Gem

Also have a plain 715 Heroic Fang of the Pit sitting in my bag which I dont think its better than the two above. 514.44 Damage per second, 141Mastery, 69Multistrike

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sorry I would create link on each weapon but MMO-Champ Forum won't allow me to unless I post few more times.
    Last edited by mcvc; 2015-10-02 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    308 is a pretty big EP change, so I would trust SC on this.

HWI is bis + (and it's the most important part on your post) it got a socket.
    OH DPS is like 7x less than MH one, you need stats on OH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvc View Post
    Hello everyone, on my Sub Rogue I am using Heroic Warforged 721 Fang of the Pit as my Main Hand, Off Hand I was using Heroic Socketed 715 Hammer of Wicked Infusion with a 75 Multistrike gem in it, last night I picked up Mythic 720 Blackfuse Company Utility Knife from first boss in Mythic HFC, altho this Dagger has higher ilvl than the Hammer I have, but the Haste and the Crit isn't good for Subtlety comparing to a lot of Multistrikes on the Hammer, would it be better to use this Dagger instead of my Hammer? I ran Shadowcraft, with the Hammer OH, I gain 308DPS compare with the 720 Blackfuse Company Utility Knife.

I usually follow Shadowcraft but for this I am a bit paranoid, anyone have any suggestions on which one I should use for my Off-Hand?

720 Mythic Blackfuse Company Utility Knife: 539.44 Damage per second, 82Crit, 139Haste
    or
    715 Heroic Socketed Hammer of Wicked Infusion: 514.42 Damage per second, 87Crit, 123Multistrike + 75Multistrike Gem

Also have a plain 715 Heroic Fang of the Pit sitting in my bag which I dont think its better than the two above. 514.44 Damage per second, 141Mastery, 69Multistrike

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sorry I would create link on each weapon but MMO-Champ Forum won't allow me to unless I post few more times.
    Weapon DPS for OH is completely irrelevant, it is all about the stats so the hammer is 100% better. Even without the gem it would probably be better. Just to give you an idea of how weak OH DPS is compared to other stats, my rogues current stat weights in 715 gear is:
    MH DPS = 1.17
    Agi = 1.00
    MS = 0.57
    Mastery = 0.49
    Crit = 0.48
    Vers = 0.46
    Haste = 0.41
    OH DPS = 0.12

As you can see, OH DPS is worth almost 4x less than any other stats.
    Last edited by mmoc837b538ece; 2015-10-03 at 06:21 PM.

Understood, Will go for the HWI, thank you everyone for your time reading and replying, so much appreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    HWI is bis + (and it's the most important part on your post) it got a socket.
    OH DPS is like 7x less than MH one, you need stats on OH.
    Any idea why Shadowcraft is saying my ilevel 700 Wild Gladiator's Shanker (92 crit, 92 mastery) ranks higher than ilevel 700 HWI in offhand?

Not by just a small amount either, the dagger is 126 EP higher even though it has worse stats.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's because it is a dagger. Daggers of the same item level show as an upgrade for me as well on shadowcraft. I recommend you simcraft it and see the difference.

It's too bad shadowcraft thinks daggers are superior for offhand weapons as sub. I wonder if it's actually a bug. For sub all it should really be looking at are stats, not DPS/weapon type.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    It's too bad shadowcraft thinks daggers are superior for offhand weapons as sub. I wonder if it's actually a bug. For sub all it should really be looking at are stats, not DPS/weapon type.
    Daggers are slightly better than slow weapons as a sub OH because you get more poison procs. Now the impact of those poison procs is pretty minor since sub gets a small percentage of its damage from poison procs but all things being equal an OH dagger is better.

Given fight length and potentially huge openers ShC can somewhat overvalue OH daggers (and haste) for short fights (<4 minutes) but it isn't a bug with ShC. Damage is, as far as I know being computed correctly. If you would like to take issue with any of the formulas or models in ShC the code is all available on github.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet