Social media threats.

What would you do? If you saw a threatening post on social media, vague or persise? If you saw someone like the punk is Oregon dressed daily in army green posting pics of himself with a firearm. Telling his audience "don't go to college spclasses today if you live in the northwest". If this had been reported could have it been stopped? Ask yourself, honestly would you report it?

I would I'd feel like hell if I knew and did nothing.

Yes, I would report it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I thought it was serious yes, but I wouldn't encourage them.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with social media threats if you're a social outcast no one sees it. Or if it's just shit the person normally says and dismissed.

hello new york police department?

id like to report that someone on the internet in oregon is being menacing

thats nice dear

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    hello new york police department?

id like to report that someone on the internet in oregon is being menacing

thats nice dear

But shouldn't police anywhere take these kinds of threats more seriously? That's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    If you saw someone like the punk is Oregon dressed daily in army green posting pics of himself with a firearm. Telling his audience "don't go to college spclasses today if you live in the northwest". If this had been reported could have it been stopped? Ask yourself, honestly would you report it?
    I thought this was a 4chan troll prank. It's true?

If I knew someone was going to kill a bunch of people I would notify the police. The thing is, on 4chan there are bunch of people who talk trash every day. Most won't do anything.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It did t take long after browsing this guys social media to come to the conclusion he was a nut job with some serious issues

But shouldn't police anywhere take these kinds of threats more seriously? That's the point
    who says they dont?

they just literally have no power to do anything, and rightly so

Deleted
    I would not report it because there are literally thousands of edgelords posting crap like that on a daily basis. If we're being generous then maybe one case in every billion is legit and even that is a stretch.

It did t take long after browsing this guys social media to come to the conclusion he was a nut job with some serious issues
    And it wouldn't take long to find ten thousand other profiles that look exactly the same. Plus several hundred million instances where somebody somewhere online has made an off-color joke once or twice.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.