Endless proving grounds advice

So expansion is starting to wind down, time to knock out some achieves and I'd like to get the endless titles. Specifically anyone have advice on whats the easiest class/spec to get Proven Defender and Proven Healer on?

I'll pinch in my own advice for the Proven Assailant. I did it on a MM hunter that was around 700 gear at the time, but any hunter with empowered baleful could probably do it. Just have high amounts of crit as crit isn't scaled down in proving grounds now, and MM gets 50% crit on targets over 80% health and kill shot helps a ton. I tried this in MoP and struggled, but with gear not scaling down like before I one shot it this time around. If you have Mirror of the Blademaster trinket from council that helps a lot though.

For the healer challenge pally's and druids are likely the strongest classes. Druids are likely better if you are just going for endless 30, pally's are likely better if you want to push to the highest waves possible. For the tank one monks are the strongest class, however there really isn't a bad choice for the tank one since so much relies on kiting and holding aggro and any class can handle that well.

In general you will have an easier time at lower ilvls ~615 with the best trinkets you can get since the scaling is lousy. If you did pg's back in MoP you will likely have a fairly easy time regardless of your class. The biggest part of endless 30 is having an idea whats is coming and being able to come up with a plan to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyphry View Post
    In general you will have an easier time at lower ilvls ~615 with the best trinkets you can get since the scaling is lousy. If you did pg's back in MoP you will likely have a fairly easy time regardless of your class. The biggest part of endless 30 is having an idea whats is coming and being able to come up with a plan to deal with it.
    Had a ridiculously hard time at about 670-680 ilvl range when I tried to go for the endless damage. Kept wiping somewhere between waves 20 and 28 always failing the damage check by a few seconds or so for a good 50-100 tries I imagine, hard to estimate in hindsight. Then I got myself a half-assed lower ilvl gear set, a few as low as 550 and nothing above 610 (salvage yard set was quite helpful). Suddenly it became a breeze - 30 waves first try. I didn't know about the scaling causing so many difficulties until after I had banged my head against the wall for a good long while. Got so fed up with it I never could be arsed to go back and aim for a higher score.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Deleted
    As a tank just have a lot of patience and pray the panda doesn't go full retard

I got Endless Damage on my BM hunter recently - almost certainly the easiest spec in the game to do it with, although I could have made it easier for myself by not using 680+ gear. Now thinking of trying for the healer one. Has anyone here done it with a resto shammy and if so, any tips? Gold was pretty easy but I haven't even tried endless yet...

Deleted
    I can only comment on monk:
    DPS as a WW monk is easy. SEF is awesome for the Proving Grounds.

Tank as a BrM is ok. Guard is very strong. Add to that the high mobility for kiting and the statue to gather / tank mobs and monk is a solid choice.

Heal as a MW was the hardest of the three. I wiped a lot trying to get to 30. I've done it before all the buffs to single target heal in the beginning of the addon (e.g. 50% more Enveloping Mists heal), so it may be a little easier now. Still, I think other classes with strong direct heals have an advantage here.