Random players in the Premade Group Finder

Random players in the Premade Group Finder

I want to talk about random players in the Premade Group Finder.

You queue for a 2v2 rated arena with a random player from the Premade Finder. Nobody talks. You complete the arena match. And you click Leave Arena. And the moment you get back, "Your group has disbanded." lol.

Even when you do talk to each other, and even when everything is going okay, you guys win alot of 2v2 arena matches. The person still leaves. How do you respond?

They are just like: "Oh, I think I'll leave now." lol.

I mean, I know it is random. Random players ftw. And I know that they are not obligated to stay with you. But it's just... I don't know how to explain it. Of course, it's rude. Because this is WoW. There are lots of rude people in WoW, lol. But that's not what I am saying. I am saying that it is just how it is now in WoW 2015. Nobody talks. They just get in, get out. Collect loot. Collect conquest points. And leave. Kthnxbye. Cya later, alligator. lol.

Any thoughts on this??

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simply a result of server communities no longer being a thing. Though I do believe you will eventually find people through the group finder that you will connect to and can keep playing with.

Just gotta keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

O miss the arena team time :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's awkward that's why nobody talks. Everyone knows the LFD system is just an assembly line used to get nobodies like myself to find other nobodies to play with. The problem is that there's no interaction beforehand where both players meet and have a general idea how the other person is. It's just a random situation where both players know they're just using each other to actually play the game instead of naturally having the desire to play with the specific person.

That is why people leave groups and don't say anything. They just use you to get what they want and if they feel they could do better, they will leave. The LFD system really isn't completely at fault, its mostly just how people are. You have to prove yourself worthy of other people's time or else they won't give a shit about you.

It's the nature of the beast and it will never change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    It's simply a result of server communities no longer being a thing. Though I do believe you will eventually find people through the group finder that you will connect to and can keep playing with.

Just gotta keep trying.
    Even when there were communities, you still had to engage with people as a nobody and earn respect before you could get a consistent team. The LFD system is no different than finding randoms on trade chat when it comes to terms with how people are with randoms.

The best advice I can give to anyone struggling to find people to play with is to be annoying as hell. You have to be consistent with this too where you need to be on this game every day adding every single person you find worth your time playing with on your btag. When you get a decent list of people, start messaging people all the time to get some games in.

Don't be afraid of rejection. People that often reject you should be just left alone and if they seem to always ignore you, just remove them and find more people. Eventually, you'll get a core group of people going where they actually feel that you're serious about whatever goal you want to achieve from the game and they will want to play arena with you.

It's a constant cycle of adding people, annoying people, playing with people, arguing with people, removing people and adding people again to replace the lost ones. The ride never ends and you need to have an assertive attitude with people to play this game. You honestly can't just expect everyone to want to play with you when you have a passive attitude and expect people you've never met before to trust you automatically. You have to build that trust from the ground up and LFD offers you a way to meet people all across the game instead of being shackled to one server.

You want consistent arena partners? Then you need to MAKE IT happen or else you'll be stuck dealing with randoms all the time.

Wow, thanks guys! I really love all these comments.

I did my 100 3v3 wins last season almost purely using people from the group finder tool. A ton of people will bail on you at the drop of a hat. But eventually you will find cool people. Friend list those people, and then PVP with them more.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice