Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many MMOs are you maintaining?

Just the one? or do you cycle in between them whiles waiting for new content to pop up? Which is your highest priority?or do you just stick to one.

I myself I'm on about 4, possibly looking to extend 5-6 ... I get different things from different ones, but largely I just play their world, enjoy the fantasy and play which ever has content going.. I must say I do like different things about all of them. I love how GW2 and FFXIV encourage group play, I love the combat animations and effects of SWTOR and it's story presentation, I love wow's increasingly amazing diversity and very well tailored themes. Haven't had much time to get into WS or ESO, but they're next on my list, I'd probably stick to doing 2 subs - GW2 and SWTOR I can manage playing most of the time without subs, and only sub to sWTOR when they're raid content otherwise it's alts and stories. WoW and FFXIV need subs, so i'd probably keep those up, and i'll need to monitor how ESO and WS turn out to decide if i'd do anything.

anyway..

I'm a sucker for

1. Really cool lore - an interesting story, and when it's presented well /drool
    2. Character creation - my toons need to look good, I stare at them all the time, the better a game's capability of designing a really nice looking too, hte more i want to play that character.
    3. Animations - looking cool in combat is really important, fancy stuff, i must say SWTOR and GW2 lead the way here - soz WoW and FFXIV
    4. Fun combat gameplay - I gotta have fun playing it and I usually like a fairly high degree of mastery, don't like know it in seconds classes, and i'm fully aware you can be simple but have depth, that works for me, but so does complex - GW2, WOW do this really well, but SWTOR I have had a lot of fun on too
    5. Great class themes - this really helps me get into playing more, especially for repeat value when you've done the story already x number of times with various alts, what keeps me playing is class mechanics and theme - WoW & GW2 does this really well, but SWTOR and Lineage 2 are masters of this. I wish GW2 didn't give their Ranger a pet, i'd have had an excuse to play both a hunte ron wow and a ranger on GW2

usually have ~5-6 on rotation with 2-3 being higher priority.

FFXIV
    SW:ToR
    WoW
    ESO
    GW2
    TSW
    Wildstar

Too damn much atm..

Wildstar
    Skyforge
    WoW
    ESO
    TSW
    SWTOR

And I'm thinking about picking up FF14 again.. not enough time in a day..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ATM in terms of Most played to Least:

GW2
    WoW
    SWTOR
    Skyforge
    Runescape
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Eso

When I first started WoW on Dec 30th, 2004 that became my 3rd active MMO sub (technically more) as I had an active Station Pass for EQ, and DAoC (as I had the beta sub rate). I finally dropped EQ a couple months after that, and DAoC a year or so after that.

Since it's about MMOs and not subs, then I've probably had about six active at one time counting betas and F2P. And I won't talk about number of active subs for a single MMO. lol

However I'm down to just WoW for the last few years (on token since they came out) and HS as my gaming fixes.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

FF14, GW2, Rift and Wildstar. Cancelled my WoW sub and probably won't be playing Legion either.

Let's see here...

Actively and/or frequently play
    PlanetSide 2
    Rift
    SWTOR
    GW2

Actively and/or infrequently play
    DCUO
    Defiance
    EQ2
    The Secret World
    Star Trek Online
    ESO
    WildStar

Have installed and play infrequently or just keep around
    Age of Conan
    APB Reloaded
    Champions Online
    DDO
    Fallen Earth
    Firefall
    LOTRO
    Neverwinter
    Vindictus
    Warframe
    Allods Online
    FFXIV
    Landmark
    Skyforge
    TERA

And I'm likely missing at least a few on this list somewhere.

Been playing a bit of SWTOR, Neverwinter, Marvel Heroes and The Secret World as of late.

FFXIV and SWTOR.

EVE Online and Wildstar at the moment. But in EVE I got like 4 accounts.

SWTOR while the 12x xp bonus is active for subs
    Wow ( just came back after 5 years and regretting every second i play about my 15 $ )
    GW2 ..still just checking it out but seems fun so far
    Wildstar ( its now free to play but still an elitist game )
    Star Trek Online

Most of my free game time still goes to Arma 3 and Diablo 3

I love how Archeage was hyped as the biggest and most promising WOW killer and not a single person so far has it on there list ...LOL
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2015-10-03 at 06:27 AM.

0-1

Had a few in parallel back in the glory days of WoW, but now even in WoW I just play the beginning of an expansion and give the middle finger to the draught after that. I guess I'm finally over MMO's and their pointless grinds :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    EVE Online and Wildstar at the moment. But in EVE I got like 4 accounts.
    4? that must be a record... what the ... do you do with 4? does it really help? you can't multibox on eve can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    4? that must be a record... what the ... do you do with 4? does it really help? you can't multibox on eve can you?
    4 is pretty low. Some people have like 50. You can multibox entire fleets on your own and multiple accounts are encouraged by CCP. Multiple accounts help you in specializing your characters since EVE has a real time skill progression. You can pay for EVE with ingame currency (like the WOW Game time token, just not price regulated by the devs) multiple accounts don't cost that much money anyway.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2015-10-03 at 12:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only FF14 since I quit WOW. I have ESO installed but don't play it much anymore.

I almost never play more than one MMO actively. I played WoW until a couple of months into WoD and decided to put that down for a while, and I'm currently not playing any MMO. Although I am sorta looking at FF14 with some interest.

Actively? none

from time to time, probably just 2 (GW2 and SWTOR)

if you count Marvel Heroes as an MMO then that makes 3
    Last edited by Valeron; 2015-10-03 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    WoW, Swtor and Wildstar. Sucker for cartoonish graphics

Dont play FF14, cant stand anime.

Sub mmos are the only thing i would consider in this regard. But im not a big PC gamer and i notice that by and large PC centric gamers tend to see games by the time investment as opposed to the 'beat it, drop it and grab a new title' style of play for people more used to consoles. In terms of big games rather than small 2 dollar indie stuff at least.

WoW was the mmo i subbed to the most but right now Warlords is straight up the worst Blizzard product on the market so that boats sailed until Legion comes out -if it isnt just a desperate fanservice heavy bid to get people back with no lessons learned that is- but FFXIV is the only one i still play and log in to do things like check retainers and such but thats just because its the mmorpg i have the most fun in right now, while stuff i have max level characters in and do endgame stuff now and then in like Rift collect cobwebs because i go with whats giving me entertainment and not have a compulsion to 'stick with' a game just because i have time invested. Little too brand loyalty indoctrination for my tastes and im more used to getting into something like MGS5 for like 200 hours then moving on to something else with the MMO's being the filler inbetween rather than my primary go to game of choice, though i guess for others its completely the opposite way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW.

That's it. I've played one other mmo ever, for about a week. Only other games I play are Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, on the regular. Then any Bioshock games, Fallout or Elder Scrolls. But mainly I'm a Blizz slave.