Learning Balance, What DPS #'s to shoot for VS the target dummies?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sahl/advanced (stats,ilvl,etc)

I've healed basically my entire WOW lifetime and have finally switched to a DPS spec for the first time. I'm drilling the basics at the target dummies, running through the pre-pull/Pull rotation and sustaining the dps until CA/INC come off CD again.

but I don't really have good baseline of what kind of numbers I should be aiming for. Around 705 what kind of DPS should I shoot for VS the single target dummy and what DPS VS the Multi-Target 3 set?

ps- my haste is horribly low atm (2%), while my mastery is relatively high compared to my ilvl (100%). The only way to improve my haste currently comes at the direct expense of my mastery. Is it correct to swap ~5% mastery for ~3% haste in this spot??

I don't understand why people care about target dummies.
    They are just useful for testing addons or weakauras.

Join a random Raid or a LFR, then compare your dps to via your rank warcraftlogs.
    But please to try not rank, play for beating the boss.
    They are way more useful to judge your knowledge and training about moonkin raidenvironment dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    I don't understand why people care about target dummies.
    They are just useful for testing addons or weakauras.

Join a random Raid or a LFR, then compare your dps to via your rank warcraftlogs.
    But please to try not rank, play for beating the boss.
    They are way more useful to judge your knowledge and training about moonkin raidenvironment dps.
    I understand the point your trying to make but its different here since I've never actually DPS'sed before. Just the physical mechanics of casting multiple dots on multiple targets and monitoring them throughout the fight is new to me, Before it was stationary raidframes now its moving Enemy name plates. Combine this with being so new to the spec Itself and its well worth my time to figure out the basics before I really start focusing on improving in the real world environment.

If im supposed to be able to maintain ~50k vs 3 targets but can only manage 20k, I doubt jumping into a random raid is gonna accelerate my learning.

fwiw I've run thru most of lower/upper hfc as boomy OS on previous guild runs so its not like I'm forsaking real exp completely

have you read the guide on icy veins?
    i think it gives a nice overview.
    after reading it, i would advice to try it in a raid.
    make a combatlog of it, post it here and we can analyse it and give advice. also a video is helpful to give advices how to improve your overview.

fwiw I've run thru most of lower/upper hfc as boomy OS on previous guild runs so its not like I'm forsaking real exp completely
    have you logs from that time?

btw i would rather use Yseras Gift since it benefits raid more and leaves you more time since its passive.
    and Ursols Vortex is more usefull in most add situations. For example Gorefiend.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports.../#type=summary

H-Iskar kill where I'm out dps'ed by one of the tanks, honestly there is no reason to even look over it. That entire fight was me fumbling to target who I wanted to and then when I was ready to continue my rotation not being able to read my UI/eclipse bar to determine what exactly I should be casting.

I will summarise the log, "Refreshes Starfall then mashes random buttons"

do you use non standart nameplates?
    do you use non blizzard eclipsebar?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&end=13801318
    you managed 1 starfire in the whole CA time?

Cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune 3 seconds before the pull.
    Prepot and cast Starsurge 1.5 seconds before the pull. In case you are closer to the boss than maximum range when you begin the fight, use Starsurge 1 second before the pull, instead.
    Cast Celestial Alignment and Moonfire to apply both of your DoTs.
    Cast two Starfire to use up the Lunar Empowerment charges.
    Cast Starsurge again to trigger Lunar Empowerment.
    Repeat steps 4 and 5 until Celestial Alignment is expired.

there is nothing to target, in the opening sequence.

and please read the guide.
    otherwise explaining would take to long.