Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the main reason i'd like level scaling is so i could finish out a zone without out-leveling it, so i would say hell yes please, but make it optional so i can go back and farm stuff

I loved Vashjir, but I only ever sent my main warlock through it so I didn't really experience 'disorientation'. Was this just a melee issue? I'd love another level like this, but make it optional for people who don't like 3 dimensions

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny and sad thing about the Warcraft III mod for Starcraft II is that..it looks just like the original game. All of that work, and it's just about indistinguishable. What are they really trying to achieve? The models are cleaner, but so what? If I want to play Starcraft II I'll play it. If I want to play Warcraft III I'll play it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    Oh the originality, I can't contain it!

Looks like I did well playing Final Fantasy XIV ARR - the other games (WoW Timewalking, SWTOR Planet Level Sync) jumping up the train - after FF rocked - is just a testament how visionary that game is.

SWTOR was so blown away by FF XIV that they couldn't even think of any other way to call their feature - so they called it Level Sync, just like FF called it level sync. https://gyazo.com/07c967390d2f1db820f40b279c3a2500
    Right, not like GW2 did it before FF.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Right, not like GW2 did it before FF.
    And Rift before Guild Wars 2 was even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Level sync also means you can level to max without ever leaving your starting planet... Not sure that's good.
    Someone alert Doubleagent.

You bring up a good point though. Also, if WoW ever implemented this beyond dungeons, I'd hope there would still be a way to do the content unscaled. It would have an interesting effect on low level ganking, however.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Level sync also means you can level to max without ever leaving your starting planet... Not sure that's good.
    Wouldn't that mean you'd have to just start grinding mobs? Is that really better than continuing and doing missions? I don't play SWTOR (yet) so I'm actually curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I loved Vashjir, but I only ever sent my main warlock through it so I didn't really experience 'disorientation'. Was this just a melee issue? I'd love another level like this, but make it optional for people who don't like 3 dimensions
    I lve Vashjir as well.Out of all the 90's I have, around 8, only 1 of those guys leveled through Mt. Hyjal. Mt. Hyjal was boring and the same as every other zone ever in WoW. Vashjir's movement was off putting at first but you get used to it very quickly. At least I did anyway. The place was gorgeous too. Currently leveling a fresh alliance warrior. When he hits 80 you can bet he'll be leveled through Vash!

Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    Oh the originality, I can't contain it!

Looks like I did well playing Final Fantasy XIV ARR - the other games (WoW Timewalking, SWTOR Planet Level Sync) jumping up the train - after FF rocked - is just a testament how visionary that game is.

SWTOR was so blown away by FF XIV that they couldn't even think of any other way to call their feature - so they called it Level Sync, just like FF called it level sync. https://gyazo.com/07c967390d2f1db820f40b279c3a2500
    Rift had it before FFXIV...

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Interesting SWTOR feature. I'm not sure it would suit WoW.. I think SWTOR is more story based so would encourage people to go check out old story content..
    Sadly they cannot do that. once you start the new expansion, you cannot go back and do story again on a toon that would actually get down leveled. All stories class and planet are barred from someone that starts their new expansion. Down leveling helps nothing in that area.

where as I can't really see the value in a level 102 WoW player going to the Eastern Plaguelands to quest. I think Blizzard would also feel that the new expansion content is there to be experienced.. not skipped by players who favour running old content..
    I think that why so many want optional. Do it either way and let the gamer have fun. If you find few are using the down leveling or have little interest. Well that should tell you something about it.

Gary Street still occasionally mentions Wow....as he wakes up, periodically before breakfast, infrequently before punching the clock, sporadically on his commute home, from time to time during dinner, with a chance mentioning in his prayers before bed....

I think the option of Level Sync in WoW should be optional but only for questing. If gankers come and gank low level players in low level zones, the gankers should automatically get scaled down to that ganker victim's level and be on a more fairer and even field than before, just like how in PVP right now, PVP gear gets scaled up and you gain the hp and stats needed for PVP. That technology can be used to scale a ganker's level, hp and stats down to the ganker's victim.

level sync is a no brainer. no more low level ganking. makes the content you didn't do leveling up relevant. its an all around win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    level sync is a no brainer. no more low level ganking. makes the content you didn't do leveling up relevant. its an all around win.
    Would be better as optional yet have a griefing/ganking feature.

You gank someone to many levels lower then you. You get level synced turned on for a specific amount of time. Like a deserter debuff.

Keeps the abillty to have optional level sync.
    Hinders PVP ganking with a PVP deserter type debuff.
    Allows gamers to do old content as they like (leveled up or down)
    Allows gamers to down sync if they choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see those models for the Azeroth Ogres, and Outland Ogres with the Warlords Ogre model.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    If they could pull off this, plus removing the problem that is out-leveling zones AND scale quest rewards to match your level they would actually make the entire game world relevant permanently. I'd love to go do them all for the gold and achievements.

Meh optional I guess zone scaling is cool, same for dungeons. As for vashjir I don't think there were any good cata zones let alone a gigantic underwater zone with an abrupt story ending. there was some good herbalism there though.

For me the by far best level sync system I've seen yet comes from FFXIV. In that game you basically remain on your max level in the open world, if you however choose to take part in events (which are primarily meant for the leveling folks) you need to sync down to the event's maximum level first so that you don't vastly overpower it and steal contribution from others. A similar thing could be done with WoW's PvP in the open world, or when questing in specific areas.

Dungeons in FFXIV are always synced (much like WoW's timewalker dungeons) when accessed via tool / random daily dungeon, not only to keep them entertaining but also to make it possible for new players to always find a group for those dungeons. That has some notable impact on queue times as, despite having a much lower number of active subscribers, queues are relatively short for almost everyone and everything in that game, as opposed to some ridiculously long or even impossible queues in WoW.

on SWTOR's level scaling by zone - I've been saying WoW should have this for a while now. Funny to see SWTOR actually use it!

Would you like to have your character scale down to a zone's target level in WoW? What would you do with this feature if it was implemented?? You mean like in GW2? If so. FUK NO!