Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Warlocks unite!!!!! Real talk about HFC

Warlocks have been known to be the kings of everything, and this raid tier I feel that their is a ton of lack of all dat in this bitch. So I want all warlocks to unite to reclaim our throne from scrub mages and hunters. cause we all know that we started from the bottom now we're here.

So I have been raiding on my warlock for some time now, and noticed compared to other class community's something the warlocks are missing are a in-depth step by step guide on what spec and talents we should pick for fights in Heroic and mythic HFC. I've only raided heroic but this is what I believe is the best for each encounter. If their is anything you would like to add feel free to comment and I'll update accordingly.

HFA:
    Spec:
    Destro
    Talents:
    GoS
    Archimomnde darkness
    Cataclysm

During the fight try to get as may big dick chaos bolts multi targeting the small cluster add after a cataclysm to max dps.

Iron Reaver:
    Spec:
    Affliction
    Talents:
    GoS
    AD
    Soulburn haunt

During the fight go ham on your Single target while in air phase try to Currption and agony as many bombs as you can, I feel drain souling and casting Unstable affliction is useless as bombs die to fast.

Kromrok:
    Spec:
    Affliction
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    Cataclysm

During the fight go ham single target on grasping hands cataclysm and try to get as many Seeds off in the short time to really pad them big dick meters

Council
    Spec:
    affliction
    Talents:
    GoS
    AD
    Soulburn:haunt

During fight try to multi dot as much as you can, all 3 adds can be easily managed with soul swap, and you can replenish soul shards during the mirror image phase.

Kilrog deadguy
    Spec
    Destro
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    Charred Remains

try to go ham on boss, saving embers for bloods and adds, try to always have havoc up for boss, and spread dem big dick chaos bolts to many futile adds as possible. Also if your group lets you go into portals, go affliction cause big dick dots tick like a mother fucking gangster on roids with that damage increase, talents would be GoS, AD, SBH.

Gorefiend:
    Spec:
    Affliction
    Talents:
    GoS
    AD
    SBH

For the fight always have gorefiend fully dotted up, while trying to soulswap and replenish your shards with adds, during feast pop your big dick cooldowns and dots are amazingly op during this phase and you will see your self if not top of the meter in the top 3.

Shadowlord Bitchskar
    Spec:
    destro
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    Charred Remains

For the fight you have less then a minute so save cooldowns for first set of adds, multi chaos bolt dem adds and try to replenish as many embers as you can to rinse and repeat. inbetween 2nd and 3rd add phase you have 1 minute to use any short cooldowns but if you think they are not going to be up for adds save them for adds.

fel lord racoon:
    Spec:
    Affliction
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    SBH

Fight is a single target tank and spank, so go ham with your single target rotation, no real dps trick for you this fight. set up a teleport to 1 side of room incase you get seeds, and a gate way to the other to reduce the amount of movement you need to do.

Xulharac:
    Spec:destro
    Talents:
    GoS
    AD
    CR

Try to spread big dick chaos bolts and shadow burn as many lil fucking imps as you can with them purple shits to replenish, and last phase is shadow burn burn phase so you should be top dawg

Socrethar:
    Spec: affliction
    talents
    Gos
    Ad
    SBH

During fight go ham on the mech, after ghost leaves mech make sure you keep dots on ghost, kill minions, multi dot and soul swap to help keep dots up. replenish shards with soul drain.

Tyrant:
    Spec affliction
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    SBH

Single target dps fight, dots tick like a MOFO in last phase, should be one of the top dogs.

Mannoroth
    (do not try to enslave demon it does not work D=)

Spec: destro
    Talents:
    GoS
    AD
    CR

Go ham on infernals, try to havoc as many chaos bolts to mannoroth as you can, while resupplying your embers on infernals. all honestly I do no know whats best in this fight.

Archimonde:
    (like mannoroth do not try to enslave, blizz is mean)
    Spec: destro
    Talents
    GoS
    AD
    CR

Spread chaos bolts like the plague to as many lil shits as possible, re charge embers inbetween ad's, and during infernal phase try to shadow burn them shits down.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got from this post is that you really like ham, I can sympathize with that, however other than that - I'd say your post is not very valuable, especially since some stuff is wrong and can confuse.

Much of the info you ask for already exists both here and in countless guides, not sure we need even more of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    All I got from this post is that you really like ham, I can sympathize with that, however other than that - I'd say your post is not very valuable, especially since some stuff is wrong and can confuse.

Much of the info you ask for already exists both here and in countless guides, not sure we need even more of that...
    this
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

made this to get advice and help other warlocks like i said their is no real post like this while other classes have one to help us min max, so please correct me and post what you think is best for fight / encounters.

just trying to help myself and warlocks out.

Quote Originally Posted by symmy View Post
    made this to get advice and help other warlocks like i said their is no real post like this while other classes have one to help us min max, so please correct me and post what you think is best for fight / encounters.

just trying to help myself and warlocks out.
    http://darkintentions.net/

ty many wows and much appreciated

That site is rather out of date and I believe pre-affliction buffs so I would not take everything at face value.

Personally I prefer Destro on Socrethar and Gorefiend so I have some impact on short lived adds. It will depend on what your role is though.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-10-04 at 08:31 PM.

The problem with trying to tell people what specs and talents you should take on each fight is every raid group is different. My raid has plenty of AoE so I don't bother with Hands on Gormrok. I'm on Ghost duty on Soctethar so I'm Destro with GoSac and CR.

Also GoS is useless as an abbreviation and all the cursing makes you sound like an uneducated jackass (trying to be helpful not rude or insulting). Nobody will take your post seriously.

If you made an attempt to cover the hole of "in depth guide" for warlocks you failed quite miserably, +1 for the effort though.

Deleted
    Not casting Drain Soul on bombs... Are you allergic to Soul Shards?

You gotta stop watching Asmongold's videos dude. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    This website is terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    eerrhm. this is shit. sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what I did get from it was the link to Dark Intent, whereby it seems to recommend sac'ing Voidwalker a lot more. I typically just use imp on sacrifice. Is it actually a relative deal or just tiny margins?

DPS is the same Kromus. It's the special ability that is the gain. I never use Imp. Fel is nice for an extra interrupt or Voidy for a personal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Well what I did get from it was the link to Dark Intent, whereby it seems to recommend sac'ing Voidwalker a lot more. I typically just use imp on sacrifice. Is it actually a relative deal or just tiny margins?
    Biggest rule for me personally is if I need to soak something. Soak > definitely voidwalker and pop the cooldown before you soak.

cant wait to kill velhari and be done with affliction until legion

Deleted
    How can i foresee posts and the content of posts like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    comes very handy on Mannaroth if u are one of the "sacrifices" in last phase...just pop sacrifical pact or the last stand thing from voidwalker and u will survive it. Just one of the examples but extra hp comes in handy in many fights imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    comes very handy on Mannaroth if u are one of the "sacrifices" in last phase...just pop sacrifical pact or the last stand thing from voidwalker and u will survive it. Just one of the examples but extra hp comes in handy in many fights imo
    assuming people actually play destro on that boss.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV