Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ghost Iron Dragonling (MOP) with Cata cogwheels is hands-down your best option and should be used by all min/maxers afaik.

I have tried other trinkets including Will of Unbinding and found that Unblinking Gaze of Sethe tends to be the strongest. It does a significant portion of my dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    Ghost Iron Dragonling (MOP) with Cata cogwheels is hands-down your best option and should be used by all min/maxers afaik.

I have tried other trinkets including Will of Unbinding and found that Unblinking Gaze of Sethe tends to be the strongest. It does a significant portion of my dps.
    Interesting. I actually got my Gaze last night

Does anyone have any information on the proc rate of the Orb of Voidsight for time walking? If the proc rate is anything approaching respectable, then this is going to be the best trinket by a mile.......27 int and 51 mastery, haste, and crit when scaled down. I am definitely going to test it out this week to see how it goes.

Also as a side note, the crafted epic from MOP White Cloud Belt is BiS by a MILE. Haste/mastery with 2 red sockets and an int bonus.

Here is my ideal list (still need some pieces): (secondaries on item listed after socket color...all pure int gems are used)

Head: Hood of the Ternion Glory - 1 red 1 legendary meta socket - Haste/Crit
    Neck: Flowform Choker - 1 red socket - Haste/Mastery
    Shoulder: Shoulderguards of the Ternion Glory - 2 red socket s- Haste/Crit
    Back: Xing-Ho Breath of Yu'lon - 1 red socket - Haste/Crit/Mastery
    Chest: Raiment of the Ternion Glory - 3 red sockets - Mastery/Crit
    Wrist: Bracers of Unconquered Power - 2 red sockets - Haste/Mastery
    Hands: Gloves of the Ternion Glory - 2 red sockets - Haste/Mastery
    Belt: White Cloud Belt - 3 red sockets - Mastery/Haste
    Legs: Legwraps of Cardinality - 3 red sockets - Crit/Haste
    Feet: Falling Blossom Sandals - 2 red sockets - Haste/Mastery
    Ring 1: Ashen band of Endless Destruction - 1 yellow socket - Haste/Crit
    Ring 2: Spellbound runic band of the all-seeing eye - Mastery/Vers
    Trinket 1: Unblinking Gaze of Sethe
    Trinket 2: Ghost Iron Dragonling (haste/haste/mastery)
    Weapon: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest - 3 red sockets - Crit/Haste

This would amount to 25 gems (inc meta but not trinket) getting every socket bonus but the wotlk ring. This prioritizes haste and mastery with red gems for COP/insanity. The pieces I would consider swapping would be the feet for the Janglespur Jackboots and the dragonling for the orb of voidsight if the proc rate is acceptable once scaled down.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-01-19 at 07:09 PM.

I was able to get the full set in the last post. AOE trash packs are kind of disappointing DPS wise as I only hit something like 9-15k depending on number of mobs. Bosses however are excellent with about 13k dps sustained.

Also, orb of voidsight is the best trinket in timewalking for spriest haste geared. I am seeing between 30% and 50% uptime on some bosses. I had one boss with 75% up time it was insane. In cata the ghost iron dragonling gives about 30 secondary per gem while the orb gives 50 secondary per plus 30 int. The proc rate is high enough to the point where I think the BiS trinkets for single target bosses are EASILY orb of voidsight and ghost iron dragonling. On trash, gaze of sethe edges out ghost iron dragonling though because of the aoe proc.

Talent wise I picked up power infusion also instead of twist of fate unless there are guaranteed add spawns. There just isn't enough time in execute to justify twist of fate imo. Power infusion has near 100% uptime during the boss and provides incredible button down burst.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-01-28 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I was able to get the full set in the last post. AOE trash packs are kind of disappointing DPS wise as I only hit something like 9-15k depending on number of mobs. Bosses however are excellent with about 13k dps sustained.

Also, orb of voidsight is the best trinket in timewalking for spriest haste geared. I am seeing between 30% and 50% uptime on some bosses. I had one boss with 75% up time it was insane. In cata the ghost iron dragonling gives about 30 secondary per gem while the orb gives 50 secondary per plus 30 int. The proc rate is high enough to the point where I think the BiS trinkets for single target bosses are EASILY orb of voidsight and ghost iron dragonling. On trash, gaze of sethe edges out ghost iron dragonling though because of the aoe proc.

Talent wise I picked up power infusion also instead of twist of fate unless there are guaranteed add spawns. There just isn't enough time in execute to justify twist of fate imo. Power infusion has near 100% uptime during the boss and provides incredible button down burst.
    On the contrary, because adds are dying all the time, you should have twist of fate up nearly 100% of the time if you are chain pulling, as long as you are contributing to any of the dmg 35% or under.

You spend more time in dungeons clearing trash than you do bosses. Twist of Fate is better.

Oh of course twist of fate will have higher trash damage. I was going power infusion to maximize boss damage because I could get more ridiculous numbers on bosses than trash haha. Twist would obviously get higher dungeon wide damage that's not a debate.

How are you not haste capped constantly without PI O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Melchey View Post
    How are you not haste capped constantly without PI O_o
    oh you are DEEEEEEP in to diminishing returns with haste haha. It is quite hilarious when your mind blast cd is not much longer than the GCD during ridiculous haste levels. PI def gives better boss burst, but ToF is def better sustained for trash.

Deleted
    Garosh BoA weps are excellent for timewalking (plenty of sockets)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerpong View Post
    Garosh BoA weps are excellent for timewalking (plenty of sockets)
    I would say that this would be third maybe on the BiS list behind the legendary staff and the sha touched weapons. It might be tied with sha touched depending on scaling though. The legendary staff is pretty required to have good damage in timewalking when comparing to other high gear specs...but that staff is also nice if you don't want to spend a few months getting the staff.

I was thinking about TW for legion shadow priest. Legion shadow priest has the potential to be really crazy in single target. Assuming they do something about the haste cap problem that exists right now, the levels of haste achieved in legion are going to be bonkers....You could build insanity on trash, then pop it on the boss with 4 piece giving no cd on void bolt for 6 sec and put out monster dps. Might have to bind void bolt to scroll wheel at that haste level

Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    I use a fully optimized COP set for timewalking. I pull generally 13k minimum sustained DPS, sometimes as high as 30k on aoe trash pulls, while dps who don't optimize their sets pull 2-3k by comparison. It's a sound investment if you have a group of people who want to steamroll these instances to farm the mounts.

But if you are serious about doing a lot of dmg in TW, you really don't have an option that isn't COP....sorry. You can't use AS to fast-clear mobs. AS is centered around padding your numbers on adds that are going to be alive for a long time. And the point of optimizing your dmg in timewalking is for them to NOT live a long time. If any of your dps are decent, you probably aren't going to get more than 3 shadow word: pain ticks off on a high-health mob before the entire trash pack is dead, much less have any autistic spirits actually manage to reach their target.

When COP is combined with the shadow set bonuses from SoO it becomes deliciously OP. For AS, there are past-xpac set bonuses that boost the crit % of shadow word: pain, but the stats on these pieces are horrible (e.g. spirit on dps gear, which takes up the room a valid stat could have had) and they don't have as many sockets as the SoO gear, if any sockets at all -- which adds to the hopeless misery of attempting to play AS. Using gear with the maximum number of sockets is going to up your dps by a lot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...4UXgk/pubhtml#
    This spreadsheet lists all the enchants and gems you should be using. For gems, it's EPIC gems only, no matter what xpac it came from. Pure-int is king, but use hybrid "reckless" gems if you have a good socket bonus to keep.

There are also advantages to using Warlords of Draenor items that "procced" a socket, rather than items that were "intended" to have a socket. WoWhead allows you to look up an item and check a box to see what stats it would have in Wotlk/BC/Cata timewalking respectively -- use it and check it out. Items with sockets generally have less static stats on them (i.e. less int on the item itself) to make up for the sockets, but it's still very very worth having the sockets regardless. You can loophole this, though, by using a WoD item that has an extra socket on it...because it gets the benefit of a socket without the drawback of having its other stats reduced.

PROTIP: Go for haste>mastery, not haste>multi. There isn't any multi on the old-world gear you will be using because it didn't exist until WoD, so don't bother trying to stack it. Even on aoe pulls, heavy mastery is godly when combined with COP and your SoO set bonuses...mind blast will be practically oneshotting the mobs.

My set is as follows...
    (Note - the only way it could be better is if I had Ra-den's haste/mastery legs and used the SoO tier chest instead of tier legs, as I'd gain a socket that way. Sadly I can't solo past Durumu :P)

4pc SoO tier (Helm, Shoulder, Glove, Legs)
    Neck: Socketed Gruul's Lip Ring (But you can use the haste/mastery socketed neck from Dragon Soul, or the JC blue boe crafted "Kuang's Locket of Secrets")
    Cape: Legendary cloak (But you can use Kil'Jaeden's cloak if you don't have it. Despite being a lv70 cloak, WoWhead suggests it gives approx. the same stats as an appropriate-level piece in the wotlk and cata timewalking dungeons)
    Chest: Robes of Riven Dreams (The only alternative I can think of for this is the chest off of Ra-den. It is much easier to buy infinite seals from the vendor and solo LFR Malkorok for these robes -- he is the first boss and you can queue up to kill him over and over and bonus roll infinitely.)
    Bracer: Bracers of Unconquered Power (BoE crafted, Dragon Soul drop recipe. The only 2socketed bracers you can obtain.)
    Belt: Orbital Belt from Elegon (But you can use the Garrosh belt)
    Feet: Kavan's Forsaken Treads (Basically a freebie -- you can buy this for 249g off the Valor vendor in Stormwind/Orgrimmar)

Ring 1: Socketed Uk'urogg's corrupted seal (But you can use Thok's ring or Ring of the Riven from Dragon Soul)
    Ring 2: ilvl715 epic ring from the legendary questline (if you didn't throw it out after you inexplicably got to keep it after getting the legendary)! The legendary ring is worthless, but the proc on this ring is a godly +10% intellect. The poor man's version of this would be the ICC exalted ring.

Trinket 1: Ghost Iron Dragonling with haste/haste/mastery cogwheels. The dragon doesn't attack, but the stats are worth it.
    Trinket 2: Unblinking Gaze of Sethe, preferably a socketed version of any difficulty. This trinket is often on my top dmg done.

Weapon: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Weapon alternatives: Sha-touched weapon set (if you have the legendary gem), Heroic Nibelung (from ICC), Garrosh heirloom staff (retired), or anything else with lots of sockets.

Glad to get that out of my system. Hope it was helpful

P.S. also worth noting that the legendary staff has some strange interaction with shadow word: death in WoD. Sometimes it lets you cast it only once when you should have been able to cast it a second time, sometimes it lets you cast it 3 or 4 times when it should have gone on cooldown, sometimes it gives you 2 orbs per cast AND lets you cast it 3 times or more.. I haven't been able to explain it. It does give you extra orbs from mind blast procs, at least. I know that much
    Sooo, what about now?
    Stuff changed A LOT for priests in the Legion patch, not to mention that old sets had their set bonuses deactivated...

ps. if this is considered necro'ing, I apologize, I'm searching for more info on TW onwards towards Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Sooo, what about now?
    Stuff changed A LOT for priests in the Legion patch, not to mention that old sets had their set bonuses deactivated...

ps. if this is considered necro'ing, I apologize, I'm searching for more info on TW onwards towards Legion.
    Laziest gearing: Just use whatever you normally use.
    Bonus steps: Level 100 set bonus (probably already have one), Tarecgosa, ICC ring, sockets wherever else you can get them.

I'm not thinking too much on it though, since I've become disinterested in 'twinking' for these things. Everything I said might be wrong lol.

T18 2P and 4P are GODLY. Stick to them. I'm trying to find the best haste/crit+sockets itens, but the procrastinatioooooooooon! Currently using Sash of Ancient Power (recipe drops in Ulduar IIRC), Bracers of Unconquered Power, Dragonwrath, Unblinking Gaze of Seethe, MoP cloak, ICC ring and 715 legendary ring version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    T18 2P and 4P are GODLY. Stick to them. I'm trying to find the best haste/crit+sockets itens, but the procrastinatioooooooooon! Currently using Sash of Ancient Power (recipe drops in Ulduar IIRC), Bracers of Unconquered Power, Dragonwrath, Unblinking Gaze of Seethe, MoP cloak, ICC ring and 715 legendary ring version.
    Using something similar.

Just need an head from MoP for legendary gem with crit/haste. In global crit/haste items are way to go. I tried gemming pure haste, went a bit over the top (around 53% haste), but felt I could get more with mixed gems, and went for int/haste. Gained good chunk of intellect, lost around 10% haste.

Btw, is it worth using Cunning of the Cruel over other trinkets?

For Cata TW, I use ring from vendors with crit/haste.

Wanted to try pure int gemming, but didn't have time to do it.

Ahh!
    Now I'm sad I never got any T18 with gem sockets in them
    But nice!
    Good to see that my sort of necro sparked some kind of discussion on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Btw, is it worth using Cunning of the Cruel over other trinkets?
    I've tried it a few runs and it did waaaaaaay less damage than UGoS. I'm thinking about Necromantic Focus (stacking mastery with DoT dmg), but it might not be that good.

Trinket wise ghost iron dragonling and the orb of voidsight are both easy BiS. The raw stats from them + the proc rate with silly amounts of haste for the orb are great.

I hear that our t18 4 piece is not scaled down haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket wise ghost iron dragonling and the orb of voidsight are both easy BiS. The raw stats from them + the proc rate with silly amounts of haste for the orb are great.

I hear that our t18 4 piece is not scaled down haha.
    It isn't at all. I actually managed to hit 472% haste on Murozond before we killed it. Was pretty fun. But yeah, just keep 4P T18 with MB and carry groups.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    It isn't at all. I actually managed to hit 472% haste on Murozond before we killed it. Was pretty fun. But yeah, just keep 4P T18 with MB and carry groups.
    I'm going to take my TW twink god set and have some fun with t18