Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hear that our t18 4 piece is not scaled down haha
    They already fixed it, now its only 156 stats in cata timewalking now. At least i had some fun by doing wotlk dungeons, 20 - 25k on bosses was pretty insane (and up to 20k on trash) XD
    Last edited by mmoc6e1f4e7317; 2016-08-04 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedros View Post
    They already fixed it, now its only 156 stats in cata timewalking now. At least i had some fun by doing wotlk dungeons, 20 - 25k on bosses was pretty insane (and up to 20k on trash) XD
    ;---; rip fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Sooo, what about now?
    Stuff changed A LOT for priests in the Legion patch, not to mention that old sets had their set bonuses deactivated...

ps. if this is considered necro'ing, I apologize, I'm searching for more info on TW onwards towards Legion.
    It's a fair question and this is a good thread to ask about it. Not a necro in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It's a fair question and this is a good thread to ask about it. Not a necro in my book.
    Thanks! =)

As the moderator for the best class in WoW, and as a guide-writer yourself, what are your educated thoughts on this subject?
    If it interests you, that is

On TW? not a fan of it honestly, only reason i ever did it was for valor. Shadow as a whole? Loving it.

I've always wanted to be a Necromancer.
    So, with Legion, what are you guys up to? I assume it's better to gem haste/crit right now?
    Unblinking Gaze of Sethe and Cunning of the Cruel are pretty good for trash, each doing about 8% of my damage.

Art by draken4o

@Akhlys I remember CotC being pretty shitty on WoD. What could have changed?

What exactly is the point of "gearing" for Timewalking? It's already a joke with regular gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    @Akhlys I remember CotC being pretty shitty on WoD. What could have changed?
    Well, the DS trinkets did get fixed at some point in WoD. The rest of my gear is still far from optimized, though (barely played Priest before), so it's 8% of pretty low damage. I'll have to see how it scales, and how it behaves in the next timewalking events. Some trinkets don't do well across all expansions. Also, Cunning is still not remarkable for single target (it dealt about 2.5% of my total damage on bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What exactly is the point of "gearing" for Timewalking? It's already a joke with regular gear.
    It's just for efficiency and/or fun.

Art by draken4o

Spam MF until tendril bros spawn and they'll destroy everything. Not scaled at all.

Why not? Dealing even more damage is always good. I love dealing 10+k damage while my ungeared guildies do like 2-4k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by wutheals View Post
    Spam MF until tendril bros spawn and they'll destroy everything. Not scaled at all.
    Blizz fixed that like two days ago.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Maximise gem sockets, use set bonuses where possible and prioritise haste and crit.
    Older gear will be preferable (cant use enchants on legion stuff)
    Dislodged Foreign Object is one of my favourite trinkets.

It's EXTREMELY fun to do "insane" dps on tw

Some people enjoy it as a means of content, what's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Some people enjoy it as a means of content, what's wrong with that?
    I already explained why I asked: Timewalking dungeons are already a joke, so I'm wondering why people are specifically going out of their way to "gear" for them.

No need to get all defensive.

I already explained why I asked: Timewalking dungeons are already a joke, so I'm wondering why people are specifically going out of their way to "gear" for them.

There's a mount in timewalking that drops ~1 in 2000 bosses. Doing them 20% faster means getting the mount 20% faster.

Deleted
    I made BiS set when TW came out - back when the tier bonuses still worked and tailored to that WoD talent tree.

It's still viable but the problem with Shadow Priests in TW is our ramp-up time - evething except for bosses dies too fast so you can't hit those high VF stacks.

I'll post the set once I get home. The DPS increase currently is very marginal but at the time it was solid - without the set, I did 1/3 of all damage done. With the set, it was over 55%.

But tanks get the most use out of BiS sets now - I have one on my Blood DK and I am top-dps in all TW groups I do. It's insanely good. Shame that bugged ToT Frost tier set no longer works, was fun letting my minions one shot elite trash. :P

Where did you explain that? oO Unless you're saying your question explained it.

Also wasn't trying to come across as defensive, personally I don't bother with TW, I had enough of the content when it was current + leveling alts to not want to re do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    I made BiS set when TW came out - back when the tier bonuses still worked and tailored to that WoD talent tree.

It's still viable but the problem with Shadow Priests in TW is our ramp-up time - evething except for bosses dies too fast so you can't hit those high VF stacks.

I'll post the set once I get home. The DPS increase currently is very marginal but at the time it was solid - without the set, I did 1/3 of all damage done. With the set, it was over 55%.

But tanks get the most use out of BiS sets now - I have one on my Blood DK and I am top-dps in all TW groups I do. It's insanely good. Shame that bugged ToT Frost tier set no longer works, was fun letting my minions one shot elite trash. :P
    I look forward to seeing your set. Still building a proper TW set with my priest.
    And yes, it will never get anywhere near the damage my plate users do with their TW sets, but at least it's a less miserable experience.

Art by draken4o

Deleted
    Hey banned,

Can you post your Bis list plz ?

Thanks in advance