Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF what can civilians do? Stay and die?
    Yeah, what can people do. I wonder what people in Finland did when Russia tried to invade with over 10 to 1 odds. Oh right ! Stood and fought, and succeeded. These civilians, mostly 20-30 year old males, could outnumber isis 100 to 1 if they cared... What could they do indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Is Florida destined to become Atlantis?
    I sure hope so I wana get out of this crazy dump, rising sea level might be good enough to convince the family to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more people are going to be leaving america to go to countries like Sweden, UK, Australia, Canada etc. Also depending on who controls the middle east at that time (good or bad) will contribute very much to immigration in that time period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah, what can people do. I wonder what people in Finland did when Russia tried to invade with over 10 to 1 odds. Oh right ! Stood and fought, and succeeded. These civilians, mostly 20-30 year old males, could outnumber isis 100 to 1 if they cared... What could they do indeed.
    So you would stay? Risk your families safety and likely die changing nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    I think more people are going to be leaving america to go to countries like Sweden, UK, Australia, Canada etc. Also depending on who controls the middle east at that time (good or bad) will contribute very much to immigration in that time period.
    I hope not, no more loud Americans please

So you would stay? Risk your families safety and likely die changing nothing?
    So you say it's better to leave your family BEHIND, in that warzone you, youself just escaped? And yeah, if millions have that attitude, that such number against few thousands cannot change anything, then there's your problem.

Deleted
    So you say it's better to leave your family BEHIND, in that warzone you, youself just escaped? And yeah, if millions have that attitude, that such number against few thousands cannot change anything, then there's your problem.
    Pretty sure it's families that's leaving... women children elderly

Pretty sure it's families that's leaving... women children elderly
    Check again, you'd be surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    That...seems like a gross and nationalistic oversimplification of historic events. But I suppose that's the de facto tone for a thread about immigration >.>
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2015-10-04 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Check again, you'd be surprised.
    What? A number of males coming too, and? The civilians in Syria don't have a platform to strike back yet. They don't have military experience or political power

What? A number of males coming too, and? The civilians in Syria don't have a platform to strike back yet. They don't have military experience or political power
    The vast majority is males, capable of defending their own country, but lack any will to do that. Do you think they will get military experience or training, if they are unwilling to seek it, and flee instead? Tell me, is them fleeing resolving the situation, or not?

Deleted
    The vast majority is males, capable of defending their own country, but lack any will to do that. Do you think they will get military experience or training, if they are unwilling to seek it, and flee instead? Tell me, is them fleeing resolving the situation, or not?
    I think you have a naive view on the actual complex situation of what's happening (either deliberately or ignorantly). Regardless a % are remaining to fight ISIS even though they risk dying by ISIS or America & Russia

I think you have a naive view on the actual complex situation of what's happening (either deliberately or ignorantly). Regardless a % are remaining to fight ISIS even though they risk dying by ISIS or America & Russia
    I'm sure what it is that you're trying to say. Is people fleeing in millions solving the situation, or just adding to the problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This, very much this. Thanks the the fossil fuel burning of so-called 'developing countries' I'm likely to not have a home in 10-15 years as they say Florida will no longer exist...
    Umm no. Most of Florida is over 9 meters in elevation and the ocean is rising at about 3.2mm per year. Your timescale is way off.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-10-04 at 08:36 PM.

I'm sure what it is that you're trying to say. Is people fleeing in millions solving the situation, or just adding to the problem?
    It worked out pretty well for most other groups that have fled throughout history.

To me it seems like a bunch of chest thumping when you aren't the one who has to prospectively give up their life. You are just telling them to do it to theirs.

Tell me, is them fleeing resolving the situation, or not?
    It's resolving their situation, which is the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    To me it seems like a bunch of chest thumping when you aren't the one who has to prospectively give up their life. You are just telling them to do it to theirs.
    HAHA, WHAT?! You can't be serious.

Good christ. I may be physically weak lady, but you can be damn sure I will pick up a weapon along with anyone else wishing to defend this country, if some thousands of crazy people tried to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    HAHA, WHAT?! You can't be serious.
    So you don't see the irony of someone sitting comfortably in their home, who doesn't have to deal with a bloody civil war, ISIS, and 2 world super powers bombing various regions to tell others that they should just stick it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as the countries many flee from settle, less and less will feel the need to travel else where for what they need, and most likely many who immigrated to a lot of the places they have been will go back.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Good christ. I may be physically weak lady, but you can be damn sure I will pick up a weapon along with anyone else wishing to defend this country, if some thousands of crazy people tried to destroy it.
    Its really easy to talk a great game until you are actually thrust into that situation. Until then, all your posts amount to is nationalistic conjecture.

That and what does someone who willing gave up their homeland owe to it any more than you do?

If you feel so strongly, you are free to join the coalition to fix the problem.

If you feel so strongly, you are free to join the coalition to fix the problem.
    1. I would not qualify 2. Why the hell would I go fix the problem, when even their own citizens don't give a crap?