Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can we agree, F*%K MINIONS!

For all the differing opinions we might all share here, can we agree upon one thing at least, a very serious issue we are all currently facing.

F*%K OFF MINIONS!!

I've seen so many videos and sites of people saying the same thing, and not just for wanting to sound hipster, this thing currently with these freaky little yellow bastards appearing EVERYWHERE is giving me reason to punch a wall, that is I would if there weren't MINIONS on that wall, and I don't want their shit on my hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zTn2WucoZQ

To me, Despicable me was a good movie, not great but good, it was fun for what it was worth. Yet now, when these vapid, irritating, gurgling little shits are appearing everywhere, in all shops, the sides of buildings, on number plates, on food packaging and IN food packaging, on peoples signatures online, on anything that can shill them out.

And its true that a lot of products that become popular can appear to this level of oversaturation, like legos or my little pony, its when you walk into any store on the highstreet and see minion products like minion perfume..

And minion tampons

I just want to live in a dark room.

Last edited by Trassk; 2015-10-04 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I read the title, I thought somebody got killed by a catapult in HotS while trying to disengage.

About the OT though, kids movies make money off of merchandise. I really don't care if a mother bought her 8 year old the regular hand sanitizer or the minion one. It's not like we haven't seen kids completely decked out in star wars gear or have a lion king themed bed-room in the past.

What currency is in that first photo? I almost spit out my drink LOL.

I think are cute. A bit overdone but still cute. My son, nieces and nephews love 'em and the three movies.

The first movie was decent. The other two were kinda dumb, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't agree more. I've blocked atleast 12 facebook pages, that my friends keep liking, so those little fuckers pop up on my newsfeed.
    Yet still, there's a new one each week.. Every week, a new minions site.

*lays down in fetal position and hisses*
    I like juice

The only thing I wonder is what currency is shown in the first pic.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    When I read the title, I thought somebody got killed by a catapult in HotS while trying to disengage.

About the OT though, kids movies make money off of merchandise. I really don't care if a mother bought her 8 year old the regular hand sanitizer or the minion one. It's not like we haven't seen kids completely decked out in star wars gear or have a lion king themed bed-room in the past.
    yeah but at least star wars and lion king had characters, with personalities. Minions are just mindless, garbling, characterless creatures with nothing discernible about them. Like the guy said in the video, they are so void of character people just project onto them instead of teaching anything to a child, like simba overcoming his fathers death, or the relationship between luke and obi wan. Even the droids in star wars have more personality then minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's Minion-worshipping 8-year old is tomorrow's Dungeon Master. Don't diss.

Seriously do you remember when fucking EVERYONE had Pokemon cards, gameboys with Pokemon slotted in, Pokemon lunchboxes, drew Pokemon in math class, could recite every iteration of the Pokérap on demand?

Nerds are born through dumb shit like this.

~ a 24-year-old who still is all about Pokemon.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've blocked atleast 12 facebook pages, that my friends keep liking, so those little fuckers pop up on my newsfeed.
    Yet still, there's a new one each week.. Every week, a new minions site.

*lays down in fetal position and hisses*

I don't get the hype about them either. And I have the same problem with those annoying yellow things popping up pretty much all over social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

To me, Despicable men was a good movie, not great but good, it was fun for what it was worth.
    I think that's a completely different type of movie....

banana!

Deleted
    I hate them, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Today's Minion-worshipping 8-year old is tomorrow's Dungeon Master. Don't diss.

Seriously do you remember when fucking EVERYONE had Pokemon cards, gameboys with Pokemon slotted in, Pokemon lunchboxes, drew Pokemon in math class, could recite every iteration of the Pokérap on demand?

Nerds are born through dumb shit like this.

~ a 24-year-old who still is all about Pokemon.
    I never liked pokemon either, people obsessing over the yellow rat that kept saying his own name over and over, the only thing that worked for it was them being cute.
    But at least you didn't see EVERYTHING being made into a pokemon product (well, outside of japan) back then.

And unlike pokemon, minions aren't even cute, their ugly little bastards, a mix between a beholder and a suppository

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennoc View Post
    I think that's a completely different type of movie....
    f*%king.. autocorrect..

Deleted

My PC is Currently infested with Minions! and a Yoshi

Deleted
    But I love minions. :<

Just look at these guys. What's there to hate? Overlord's a quirky game, but they shouldn't be hated for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood the obsession with them either. I worked in a theater with despicable me 1 & 2, they were always packed full and completely trashed after the movie. Having to go in there every 30 mins to check the theater and listen to them babble was incredibly annoying. I think people just find them cute because they remind them of their 3 year old.

And that commercial with those 4 minions singing or w/e was the most damn annoying thing I have ever had to listen to repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Mods, are not closing this thread already?? :O It is equal to pink shirt one they closed the other day....

Minions taking the world bro.
    maybe they hate minions too. I would hope it stays open, as just seeing what people think to these little bastard things (and for once forming share thought on hating the same thing)

Kids can like what they want to. Apparently people really like them, considering how stupid much all movies with them have made. I'm pretty surprised at how viral they've gone, but such is the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    But I love minions. :<

Just look at these guys. What's there to hate? Overlord's a quirky game, but they shouldn't be hated for it.
    hey, those minions are at least funny. But given the current minions have taken their spotlight, i'd at least hope the overlord would let them kill the yellow bellends.