View Poll Results: Should Cat Fishing be illegal?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Yes, there should be laws against this kind of Specific Fraud,.

17 21.79%
  • No, It should be up to the people to meet prior to getting close.

33 42.31%
  • I think it's terrible, but I don't think there are any more laws needed against fraud.

22 28.21%
  • LOL Catfishing, I gotta tell some people about this (Other)

6 7.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Its also identify theft, sexual exploitation and sexual harassment.
    All those other things are crimes themselves and can be investigated and prosecuted. We dont need to criminalize "catfishing" per se but if it leads to something criminal than those cases should of course be investigated. People have to be smart and use common sense online. The law can't protect people from making poor choices. If someone is going to catfish to commit another crime, making catfishing a crime isnt going to change anything.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I had to look up the term... I thought that it literally meant what it sounded...

I've heard of this before, but didn't know that it had a term to go with it. I've encountered some people that have lied to me online about who they are, and it actually hasn't bothered me very much. I have a much bigger problem with stalkers than catfish. I don't think that it should be illegal, though. It's just a lie, as long as it doesn't cause directly significant damages of some kind, then it shouldn't be something that you can get in real trouble for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Um, why would you send nude pictures of yourself to a person you don't know?
    I think that sending nudes to people online is becoming a more popular thing, to be honest. As time goes on fewer and fewer people care about the fact that you may have nudes floating around the internet, or so I've experienced.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I want to know why they call it cat fishing
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1584016/quotes

what should be illegal is the stupid ppl who dont meet ppl in real life to figure out if they really are who they say they are