10+ Year Old Account

Headset that's comfortable with glasses and piercings?

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my wireless Logitech H600 headset with something that's more glasses-friendly. The sound quality on these is fairly good (I'm not an audiophile, forgive me) and the mic is crisp, but I can't wear them for more than 2-3 hours without the pressure on the sides starting to hurt. I wear glasses with fairly thick frames and have helix and conch piercings (all hoops), so when my headset puts pressure there for a long time it gets very uncomfortable. I've started to wear these lower on my ears to alleviate the discomfort somewhat, but it gets kind of awkward and doesn't help with the pressure on the conch.

Wired or wireless doesn't really matter. My budget would be around $100, nothing over $150. I'd like a pair with a built in mic. I'm looking to start streaming with friends so something that has super clear audio/voice and isn't too bulky would be great. It doesn't need to be ultra amazing super fancy, just good quality and comfortable.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

You'll want something that's over the ear. Check out a GameCom 780. Cheap, not great, but comfy enough. Really, anything over the ear should work for you.

I enjoyed my Logitech G930 when I was using it, and I know two friends/guild mates who have them as well and also really like them. Beyond that I've tended to be in a bit higher price bracket so I can't offer personal experience.

I do wear glasses, but I don't have piercings.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

I use the GameCom 380. They are cheap but comfortable, I also wear glasses and comfort with this headset is never an issue even after hours of wearing them.

I use the Hyper X Cloud II.

I also wear glasses and these are an absolute dream, they feel as if they are floating and the mic and sound quality is top notch.

Best headset i've ever owned.

Go for a headset with square earpads or open air design. You could get ATH-AD700 and a clip mic instead of a gaming headset. Sure you can find at least 100 reviews with people that wear glasses and the headset in comfort for long periods of time.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2015-10-07 at 08:47 AM.