Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I'm ok with that cause "real" Star Trek is boring as shit.
    I would be fine with you not watching a real star trek series if it means we get away from jar jar abrams.

A proper one not based on or near these shabby "fan shows"...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Why are you even here? Go and watch some anime bullshit.
    Cause it's a free forum and I'm allowed to offer my opinion, and I will go watch some anime thank you very much it's way better than Star Trek. I would say go watch Dune but I like Dune as well and don't want it soiled by some filthy trekkie.

Deleted
    I'm ok with that cause anime is boring as shit.
    fixed that for you.

A new series would be great, but someone mentioned the years of canon that might make it inaccessible to new watchers, tbh I hadn't even considered that, but I guess that could be a problem, how much of one, if at all, I'm uncertain.

Hmm, perhaps to keep it Trek and yet loosen that tether to the past, it might have to take place quite some time after Voyager, perhaps 100-500 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed that for you.
    Then you are watching the wrong anime is all I can say.

I wonder what technology would change in the Star Trek universe if a new series was set a century or two after TNG?

By then, Starfleet must have adapted Trans Warp drive, or some other form of propulsion. Also, the Borg would have to heavily play into any series at that point.

no, please stop all next generations, more generation, (the new movies aka) Beverly hills 90210 generation and so on... enough is enough!

I want a sequel that takes place after DS9/Voyager. It doesn't have to be directly after. It could be years or even centuries. I just want them to move forward in time, not backwards. Prequels and side stories always make things complicated and are often limited because of the source material, especially in regards to the tech. Not to mention as technology improves in real life, those ideas (and their fictional evolution) can be better translated into the newest Star Trek to reflect that natural evolution. Look at how primitive the touch screens are in the earlier Star Treks, they have to remain true to that time frame if they choose a prequel or side story in those time frames else we have a lack of consistency in the lore.

It also puts a cap on just how many new and exciting things the writers can do because they have to be bound to the chain of events that happened in the other series. If something insane or crazy happens in the prequel/side story than we have to ask "why was this never referenced or part of TOS or DS9 etc?"

Move forward beyond DS9/Voyager and we are good to go! I also have zero problem with JJ Abraham and am inpartial to him being involved or not.
    Last edited by Beej; 2015-10-05 at 08:03 PM.

You could always go with Neill Blomkamp and have a dystopian Star Trek with a mostly South African crew

I want a legit Star Trek show that addresses modern issues but make them more palatable by setting them in space with aliens and other planets. That's the way the best Star Trek's were and how they should always be moving forward. More in the vein of TOS and TNG; I love those shows.

Hell yes I would. Though I'm concerned that whatever they make next will be something that isn't actually following the Federation at all, which would make me sad. If I wanted to watch Firefly, I'd watch it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So yeah would you be interested in seeing a new star trek series on tv? A good classic trekkie style Star Trek. One that doesn't include jj abrams in any way or the new movie cast.
    No, because they'd just fuck it up.

Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite show ever.

That said, I think the semi-hard science fiction genre is exhausted, and the world literally needs 15-20 years to draw new fictional concepts from real-world knowledge and theory.

Deleted
    Not really. Never liked Star Trek and probably never will.

Nope, I would prefer the JJ Abrams Star Trek over that boring old lame Star Trek anyday.
    Yeah you are right. I liked all the lens flare, cause I have never seen that before. And that goofy Simon Peg with his little buddy, fucking adorable, just like Jar Jar Binks, I remember thinking I hope there are characters like Jar Jar Binks in Star Trek. Don't forget that awesome story of time traveling Romulans going back in time to kill Spock instead of, gee I don't know, go to Romulus and evacuate the Romulans.

JJ Abrams, totally awesome Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite show ever.

That said, I think the semi-hard science fiction genre is exhausted, and the world literally needs 15-20 years to draw new fictional concepts from real-world knowledge and theory.
    This pretty much. The Sci Fi scene exploded in the late 80's/early 90's was milked too much for it's own good. By the time Voyager came around, it had become apparent that the genre was losing steam quickly. Stargate made it because it wasn't your typical space sci fi and garnered mass appeal from North American pop culture, why Firefly simply came in way too late and fell flat on it's face.

I doubt we'll see any major revitalization of the science fiction genre on television as big as the 80's/90's did for at least another decade, probably two. Otherwise it'll have been too soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I would like to see another Star Trek series. Hopefully something new. While the Star Trek movies are entertaining, I really didn't need a Star Wars lite series.

I've enjoyed all of the series except for Enterprise who I think spent way too much time on time travel. In fact, for sci-fi in general, I'm really getting tired of time travel. Time for something new and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would like to see another Star Trek series. Hopefully something new. While the Star Trek movies are entertaining, I really didn't need a Star Wars lite series.

I've enjoyed all of the series except for Enterprise who I think spent way too much time on time travel. In fact, for sci-fi in general, I'm really getting tired of time travel. Time for something new and interesting.
    To each their own I guess. I love time travel and parallel universe stories in sci fi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    JJ Abrams, totally awesome Star Trek.
    I totally agree as did the majority of movie goers.