Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do you hunt or fish? Currently I fish but have been looking into hunting for a while now. Things holding me back from it are basically not having a place to process the animal after killing it. I wouldn't want to pay somebody to do it for me. I like catching cat fish and bass. Also tend to catch alot of sheepheads in lake erie. What do you like to hunt or fish?
    Growing up in the country, did a lot of fishing, very little hunter, regardless I found both boring as hell. I don't mind fishing if I am with of group of people and could tolerate it if I had a book but I would never want to go on my own.

I generally only hunt on the property my grandparents own, and usually only for conservation purposes (when they explicitly tell us "the deer are getting overpopulated, go cull 'em".)

It's pretty common I get at least one every season just because of how rich in deer the area is, I always look forward to it because Venison is some of the best meat I've had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the patience for fishing. Too much standing in the hot sun for little reward imo. Can be relaxing sure but I may as well just have a day at the beach if I want to do that. I do enjoy hunting though.

Yes/ I Deer hunt, Wild Boar hunt and sometimes squirrel and rabbit. I freshwater fish for Bass, Crappie, breem and perch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's not about food anymore, it's about weak individuals needing to kill something smaller than them to feel good about themselves.

LOL because eating meat filled with Steroids and antibiotics and God knows what elese is better then all natural... Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's not about food anymore, it's about weak individuals needing to kill something smaller than them to feel good about themselves.
    So having cattle being stuck with needles full of hormones, and antibiotics as they stand around in mountains of their own feces being fed corn that they are barely able to digest is humane. But shooting an animal in the heart, causing it to die instantly(i.e. before it is able to feel any pain), is for sick twisted gratification?

Really enjoy fishing, try to go every weekend. I find it very relaxing after a long work week and typically get 2 or three meals for the week out of it. Fresh flounder is the BEST meat you can eat IMO.

Hunted a lot when I was younger haven't hunted in years though. Something about getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to climb up a tree and sit isn't appealing to me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fish but not hunt. Usually catch and release, depending on what I catch (I keep and eat walleye, sometimes pike). Not against hunting, just not something I never got into.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I don't get to fish too much anymore but did all the time growing up. I do hunt every year for Deer season. Bow season started Oct 1st and gun season starts Nov 15th and I partake in both although I enjoy hunting with a bow more than a gun.

I fish the shoreline where I live, mostly catch whiting, occasionally Pompano, red drum, sheephead. It is fun, even when you don't catch anything to keep. I would try hunting but don't have much opportunity and don't own my own rifle yet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you hunt or fish? Currently I fish but have been looking into hunting for a while now. Things holding me back from it are basically not having a place to process the animal after killing it. I wouldn't want to pay somebody to do it for me. I like catching cat fish and bass. Also tend to catch alot of sheepheads in lake erie. What do you like to hunt or fish?

Most people around here will gut them in the woods. Then most butcher it at home while it hangs from a tree. (speaking about deer here)

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Most people around here will gut them in the woods. Then most butcher it at home while it hangs from a tree. (speaking about deer here)
    The butchering part is what I meant. I live in an apartment complex and don't think my neighbors with kids would take too kindly to butchering a deer out in the parking lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The butchering part is what I meant. I live in an apartment complex and don't think my neighbors with kids would take too kindly to butchering a deer out in the parking lot.

Yeah living in a apartment without a lawn would kinda kill that. Although we have had people do that in apartments around here. Might not hurt to ask the people that run the place if you could or not.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I quit hunting for a number of reasons, ranging from back issues making it harder, to a large increase in poaching in my area thinning out the populations a bit to much. I still fish fairly frequently, though rarely at the rivers as commercial fishing (mainly to populate pay lakes) has jacked the catfish population up in my area. I have some friends who do their best to maintain a couple lakes population on their property and I go over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Yeah living in a apartment without a lawn would kinda kill that. Although we have had people do that in apartments around here. Might not hurt to ask the people that run the place if you could or not.
    Oh there's a lawn. just alot of kids in the complex under like 10 years old. I can see their parents getting sand in their vaginas over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I don't like doing either of those things. Which is funny because my job is in an area where that is all there is to do and it was how they tried to sell the town to me. I mean I'm a software developer I don't think many of us care for hunting or fishing.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I live in a chunk of the state where none of us really have lawns. Would be a PITA to clean blood out of xeriscaped terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I don't like doing either of those things. Which is funny because my job is in an area where that is all there is to do and it was how they tried to sell the town to me. I mean I'm a software developer I don't think many of us care for hunting or fishing.
    Why would you think software developers wouldn't enjoy hunting and / or fishing? Or are you just speaking for the ones at your company?

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    I fish once or twice a year, fresh water fish only. I prefer walleye, perch and trout. I can filet a fish in under 20 seconds.
    I also go deer hunting opening weekend. Normally I don't get anything anymore but on occasion I have and will shoot a 6 point buck or larger. I haven't been able to process the deer by myself yet, however my 12 year old niece will be showing me how to do that this fall. She is awesome like that.
    Before my dad passed in 2006 I also went pheasant hunting in Iowa for a week trip every year, normally bagging my limit plus a few rabbits but I haven't had the motivation to return there since.

I used to do both, tough I haven't in years. Fishing was always pretty boring, but some fresh fish can be soooooooo good. Might get back into it one day if I could talk somebody into going with me. Chat a lil while we wait.

Hunting is...something, idk. It can be a really good way to put food on the table, but dragging a deer that weighs more than me out of the woods? Not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I live in a chunk of the state where none of us really have lawns. Would be a PITA to clean blood out of xeriscaped terrain.

There shouldn't be much blood left in it by the time you get home. Also you can always put a container below it to catch whatever does drip.