Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I tried minute rice once, but it took too long!

Seriously I am not a good cook, unless it's friend, steamed and then ready to go, Yeah...No!
    So you steam your friends and eat them? (Yes I know it probably meant fried, but had to say it)

anything smoked. im the smoke master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So you steam your friends and eat them? (Yes I know it probably meant fried, but had to say it)
    Fried I meant fried Ohhh that's awkward.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I made some really good fried rice and beef once... Let the beef cook for ages and then mixed em in the rice and tossed in lots of different seasonings.

It was the best meal I've ever made, truly tasty... but I've not been able to make it again since I forgot how I seasoned it

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It's a shame they have to be fried but it's the only way to get the batter to form properly. If there was a way to oven cook it, it'd be awesome - the eggs would cause the batter to glaze and it'd be super crunchy while the flavours would get baked into the chicken itself. I'll actually try wok frying some at some point when I get a wok lid/cover and see if I can work something up that way. I don't think it'll work but if I can make it healthier then that'll be a huge bonus.

Jagermeister fudge. There's been mixed feelings on it from people that haven't tried it, some saying it probably tastes awful, others the opposite but the truth is it tastes mostly like chocolate fudge with just a hint of jager. It's kind of awesome. I've only ever made it for a few people; first was somebody I used to know (who turned into an ass when I was going through the lowest point in my life), second batch turned out more like mousse and didn't get eaten, and the latest batch was split with my sister and turned out damn near perfect. It turns out quite soft and almost scoopable, like really, really thick ice cream.

There's been videos going around of microwave cooked fudge which works well, but when you add alcohol I'm not sure it'd work that well. Slow melting and mixing all the way.

Sort of getting off topic here, but I'm very much a fan of experimenting with alcohol. Vodka works well for infusions because it's a fairly plain spirit which lets which let's you get the most out of flavours. Jager works well for fudge because it's got it's own flavour and has a high alcoholic content. If strong cider was readily available, that'd be good for making fruity alcoholic fudge but sloe gin would probably work well in lieu.
    I wish I knew enough to cook with alcohol, the most I do is throw some jack into some burgers I make :T

So I take it the Jager fudge is sort of tricky, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Fried I meant fried Ohhh that's awkward.
    Hehe, I figured that's what you meant and parenthesized it. I just wanted to quote it because it was funnier that way :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I make the best Bò lúc lắc.
    Oh, hi.

According to my husband... everything I make is good. I made stirfry earlier and it was awesome!

A mushroom, kale, sausage, and 3 cheese omelet.

Lemon chicken over linquine. Fairly basic, but with completely homemade pasta. Probably one of the better meals I've ever eaten.

Best dessert was a roasted apple and caramel souffle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    its a bit plain but i cook some damn good seasoned chicken

i dont really do specialty meals.
    Chicken has amazing potential. I think my altime favourite meal was the simplest street food imaginable. Chicken roasted on a rotisserie in Florence.
    They just hit the perfect combination of crisp, salt and juicy - which is a well made chickens traits; not much barbecue has the same fine balance. I dont get why some ppl remove the skin and only eat the dry boring white meat on the breast unless they are on a diet.
    They served it with polenta which is not the most exciting sides imo, on the other hand, fries would have been overkill in this case.
    I have eaten on one star Michelin restaurants - and it is incredible how much flavour they can get out of a grilled beetroot or vacuum cooked steak. Something as simple as a breadstick becomes a unforgetable experience and unfortunately usually impossible to duplicate.
    But it is still something a s simple as chicken roasted on a flame grill which sticks out in my memory.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2015-10-05 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what to call it. It's cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, cajun season, cajun-seared chicken, and mushrooms. Then you put it on rice. I randomly made it once with the shit I had in my kitchen, and now the people who have eaten it are CONSTANTLY requesting I make more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I make a pretty freaking nice lamb vindaloo but it's an entire day job to cook so I don't make it very often. None of the shops around here make an actual hot vindaloo which is a huge part of it so I decided to make my own. It started off as a internet recipe but it's been modified extensively since then.