Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First impression: the music in this game is incredible

I decided to give this game a try...I was initially sort of turned off by the art style, but decided to give it a fair shot anyways. I just have to say that I was listening to the Limsa Lominsa music and I'm like damn, this music is pretty good...then I went to youtube and listened to the alexander boss theme and I was like HOLY SHIT THIS IS !@#$ING AWESOME. Well none of my friends play the game so I figured I would express my love of FF14's music here (YMMV). As for the game itself, I have a level 10 marauder so far on Exodus and I'm liking him. Very well may get the game, but haven't played enough quite yet to decide. I don't have the best PC so my FPS is kind of crappy but the game looks good. Updates to follow as I play a bit more.

Dude wait until you get to fights like Shiva, Titan, Ramuh and Manipulator to name a few. Oh and Good King Moggle Mog. The music on those fights are amazing.

Deleted
    Or Ultima Weapon and The Knights of the Round... still listening to those themes on my MP3 Player.

But don´t spoil yourself. Those songs are more awesome when you hear them the first time you face the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    Or Ultima Weapon and The Knights of the Round... still listening to those themes on my MP3 Player.

But don´t spoil yourself. Those songs are more awesome when you hear them the first time you face the boss.
    Haha yeah I was thinking along those same lines. Quite impressive though, I would like to find other styles of music like this.

Deleted
    Sounds like you have to play more video games ;p

-like my favorite from FF X
    -or Transistor.
    -The Persona series could also fit your taste.
    -Oh, lets not forget Kingdom Hearts
    -and Bayonetta.

Sigh, there are so much more but I really should stop

Just surf around on youtube and you can find some stuff you should like.
    Last edited by mmoc7c08c42f71; 2015-10-05 at 06:33 PM.

There really isn't a bad FF OST, even the horrid Lightning games have good soundtracks, i just hope the rumours of a Doom Train/ Ghost Train fight in the future means Phantom Trains FF6 music gets a 2spooky full orchestral redo for it.

Having dedicated boss battle themes in this game is one detail I thoroughly enjoy that I noticed I never observed in WoW.

The music is one of the things I look forward to the most with each new patch. It's pretty great and there's only one or two tracks I dislike whilst I love the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    Sigh, there are so much more but I really should stop
    Thanks for the ideas, that should be a good place to start!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    There really isn't a bad FF OST, even the horrid Lightning games have good soundtracks, i just hope the rumours of a Doom Train/ Ghost Train fight in the future means Phantom Trains FF6 music gets a 2spooky full orchestral redo for it.
    I would love that, such a great song (and the forest area right before that too). That's cool how they use the summons from old games as the boss battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Having dedicated boss battle themes in this game is one detail I thoroughly enjoy that I noticed I never observed in WoW.
    Me too. Even the event bosses I encountered at the lowbie zones, had a pretty awesome boss theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The music is one of the things I look forward to the most with each new patch. It's pretty great and there's only one or two tracks I dislike whilst I love the vast majority.
    Glad to hear and I hope I feel the same way, I usually play games while listening to my own selection of music, but this is one game I think I will leave it turned on for now.

As for today's update, I got to level 12. Its a bit grindy and there's a good bit of backtracking, but that's probably because I don't know the "right" order to do the quests. Sprint has a fairly short cooldown so getting around on foot isn't that painful. The main story is decent so far, kind of interesting to have your character be like Crono and be a silent protagonist. Well thats all I can think of for now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    As for today's update, I got to level 12. Its a bit grindy and there's a good bit of backtracking, but that's probably because I don't know the "right" order to do the quests.
    No need to haste, leveling is a big part of the journey. You should enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude wait until you get to fights like Shiva [..] The music on those fights are amazing.
    Heh so there are people that like that ... noise?

The first part of Shiva is okay. But once she transitions into P2, I made the effort to disable that "music" during the fight.... as a healer.

Often times when I teleport to Ishgard I just sit and listen to the music that plays in the Foundation at night.

You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Take a look at the album called "Distant worlds" it's based on the Final Fantasy OSTs. Pure gold !

FF games have always had awesome music. Its great that the MMO is no different. I particularly love the music in the 2nd half of the Ravana fight, that whole Viking hymn/theme. Just so epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Isander View Post
    Take a look at the album called "Distant worlds" it's based on the Final Fantasy OSTs. Pure gold !
    I've never actually had my schedule line up that I could attend, but I really want to go live when Susan Calloway is performing Answers.

Matoya's Cave is still one of my favorites for Heavensward. Beautifully remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Often times when I teleport to Ishgard I just sit and listen to the music that plays in the Foundation at night.
    That and the music in Zenith. Weird as it may sound, I try to time my teleport/flight away just as the music ends. Else I want to just stay and keep listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've never actually had my schedule line up that I could attend, but I really want to go live when Susan Calloway is performing Answers.

Matoya's Cave is still one of my favorites for Heavensward. Beautifully remastered.
    I saw DW concert when they were in Trenton, NJ and Nobuo was there. It was an absolutely amazing show.

I however did miss Answers and was devastated. I wanted to hear it SO bad, but the second show had a much better collection of songs, whereas show 1 just had Answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    I remember my first night in Ishgard. so worth trudging through the all the level 50 MSQ to get there. They tease it exceptionally well too.